Published 2 months ago by Neil McC

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Published 11 months ago by Toptotoe

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt (1.3" Profile) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65 inch (80-165 cm) LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screen TVs Up To VESA 684x400 and 165lbs(75kg), Including a Twisted Veins 10' (3m) Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level (Electronics)
Having put this bracket together it seems a little flimsy and it does not line up level so once on the wall the only way to level the tv it to pack it out with card as there is no adjustment on the bracket and no way of it being level on the wall, this is poor, not as good as 2 other brackets I have for other tvs around the house,also the angle must be set so once the tv is up it is not adjustable.Cheap but you get what you pay for I guess.
UPDATE
This company has contacted me to try and put things right, they take their customer service very seriously! for that they must be congratulated, they have sent me another bracket free, but this is unfortunately not much use as it does not sit flush to the wall.They have asked me to leave an update so that is what I have done, so customer service is faultless but the original product is not great and has to be packed out to make it level, as stated earlier, so I would not recommend the product.
UPDATE 2
The company have contacted me via phone a number of times, they have given me a full refund,this they offered, I never asked for them to refund me.... there customer service is faultless its just a shame the product I received is not of the same high standard as there customer service, but thank you for the refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price point and sturdy but a few negative points, 17 Feb 2014
I installed this today for a new Samsung 32" LED TV. The frame assembles pretty easily (although the instructions were less than clear on which way round to mount the two upright supports), the nuts that hold the frame together seem to be an imperial size which is annoying.

I also had problems mounting the frame to a brick wall, the raw plugs that come with the kit are very low quality (ie. they spin in the hole you drilled for them - even though I used the right sized bit, drilled slowly and didn't use hammer action, they still didn't take), I had to use my own raw plugs in the end.

One last gripe, with my 32" TV you can see the frame quite easily unless you are standing dead in front of the TV. With today's thinner bezelled TV's 32" is right on the borderline of what I'd use this bracket for. It would be fine for 37"+ but I don't like being able to see the frame so easily.

On the positive side it's sturdy and easy to mount the TV on once the mounting frame is up. It's also good value (you get an HDMI cable and mini spirit level included) - or maybe this is a waste if you already have one.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are quite flush to the wall so forward tilt might be limited - right angle adaptors are a good idea to maximise the tilt, 1 Aug 2014
I bought 4 of these. Mounted a 50 inch Panasonic, 2 x 42 inch Panasonic and a 39 inch Samsung. On one of 42 inch Panasonic I had no option to move the brackets so had to get the first fix accurate but the others had some tolerance through the brackets on the back of the TV. They are quite flush to the wall so forward tilt might be limited - right angle adaptors are a good idea to maximise the tilt. But these are a fraction of the price of store purchased mounts. 15 minute assembly but all the tools necessary are included, including a dinky spirit level and key fob torch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money minimum profile wall mount., 15 July 2014
spyder_man "spyder_man" (Orpington, Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Everything comes individually packaged in plastic bags to protect the paint finish. In the box are a range of different sizes of screws to fit the brackets to the back of the tv. Also are two bubble levelling devices and a keyring torch! There are also appropriate rawlplugs and coach screws.

Assembly and fitting was straight forward. One thing to watch out for is that this unit pivots the tv around the lower mounting and also holds the tv really close to the wall. So if your tv power socket is close to the bottom edge of the tv, you may need to purchase one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Power-Right-Angle-kettle/dp/B00CKDC92C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1405382447&sr=8-5&keywords=right+angled+iec+lead. Also, fit the leads (aerial, power, hdmi, scart etc) before you hang the tv on the mounting frame as there isn't much room behind the tv once hung.

Great value: how do they do it for this price?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wall mount kit for big TV., 15 Oct 2013
I've used a range of wall mounts in the past, including some apparently built to support an aircraft carrier.
It's difficult to argue with such mounts, as they strike a chord in any technically minded person for their wonderful engineering.
With the much lighter TV sets of today however, such engineering wonders are really not needed.
What is needed is a strong but easily handled mount, which provides a good and secure home for that precious flat screen.
That's where the Cheetah APTMM2B comes in.
It is a straight forward, no nonsense wall mount, easy to install and complete with all necessary hardware.
As well as all the appropriate screws, washers, spacers and wall plugs, this mount also comes with a rather nice high spec HDMI cable.
The mount needs to be assembled from the supplied pieces which is a quick and easy job requiring a screwdriver.
With a trusty power drill, just four holes in the wall are needed to take the heavy duty plugs and screws.
In minutes the mount is up and ready.
Attach the hangers to the back of the TV and hey presto, the job's done.
I bought two of these and have mounted a Samsung 47" LED and as Samsung 55" LED with no problems whatsoever.
The mount offers a reasonable degree of tilt adjustment and the TV can be easily positioned from left to right by sliding the hangers along the mount.
All in all, a very competent and user friendly mount at a cracking price.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Timer Mounter, Highly Recommend!!!, 15 Sep 2014
This was my first attempt at fitting a wall mount and it was easy and simple. near sure it stated it would take 2 to fit, but I managed to have the TV on the wall within 30 minutes. I guess it all depends on how easy it is to drill your walls. There are plenty of different screws with this kit to suit various TV's.

The bracket is not super slimline but that was not what I needed because of the requirements for TILT as it was for the spare room. excellent quality HDMI Lead also included.

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality and very durable, 17 Sep 2014
Hiren K. Kothari (london) - See all my reviews
Bit skeptical about the mount initially, I admit equally I am a DIY novice. This was really straightforward to put up.
My plasma is a very heavy philips, so nervous as it was placed on wall.
It's a very durable and adequate product.
The panels were individually wrapped to protect and added bonus of leads, level spirit and handy torch makes this a steal at £15.
Highly recommend

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't use. Flimsy and not enough surface area., 30 Sep 2014
I received this product today and I must say I'm not entirely sure whether to put it on the wall or not. I have an LG RZ-42PX11 42" TV. Quite old and VERY heavy Plasma TV but defiantly under the weight limit of this product. (10 mins later) After much consideration my girlfriend and I have decided not to use this product and send it back. The weight limit is 75kg yes but it doesn't cover a lot of surface area. My main concern is not that the flimsy bracket won't hold the TV but that the solid brick/concrete wall won't hold up the bracket with the TV on it. The frame comes in 6 separate parts which requires a screw driver but also a spanner! The instructions want me to use a ratchet to secure the bracket to the wall. That's right, the hefty screws they give you are bolt heads! I'd much prefer more, smaller screws with Philips heads. After all this I'd still be worried about putting my heavy TV on this bracket. I mean... I can bend the frame with my hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bolts too short for my Plasma TV customer service AAA, 16 July 2014
This is an updated review based upon the customer service from Cheetah
Simple to build and solid. Good value with the spirit levels, HDMI cable and everything bar tools to mount it. However the only issue for me is that the bolts to connect the frame to the TV are too short for my Panasonic Viera TH 37PX80B. The M8 bolts are I think 25mm and my 37" plasma needs at least 40mm as the holes are inset. After trying to find longer M8 screws I eventually had to purchase M8 Roofing bolts and use an angle grinder and hacksaw to make longer bolts [roofing bolts have a round head which needed to be turned into a hex head]. To be fair, a LCD/LED TV will be thinner than a plasma so the supplied bolts are most likely fine, it just seems an oversight for the pack to contain spacers but not longer bolts.
UPDATE
Cheetah contacted me ASAP to rectify the situation with emails and phone calls. As stated the bolts are probably correct for thinner TVs but the company still apologised and gave a me refund of £4.00 without me even asking. This is the difference between so many American companies and British ones, customer service is second to none and that is why I'll most likely use this company again. In comparison a British company that I contacted for a new remote control told me that they don't sell them separately so I have had to find a supplier in China which will take 4-6 weeks!
The product is excellent, backed up by solid customer service and it comes with a lifetime warranty for under £15.00. My only suggestion is that the company state the assembled size in the description as i have read some people can see the frame once connected to the TV, my 37" is fine but smaller TVs may suffer.
Thanks for the assistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheetah tv mount from pirate trading perfect perfect seller, 16 July 2014
just bought the cheetah mount for my panasonic 42" tv i wasnt sure thinking £12 for a tv mount well i am so glad i bought it was delivered next day came in a small box, you have to put it together yourself 15 mins so easy you even get the instructions and diagram nice well made item looks good even though you wont see it,quality item you can trust will hold your tv i will be recomending to my family and freinds,customer service was fantastic,replied to my email same day and even phoned me you see other tv mounts £40 plus but in my opinion this is all you need so easy to put together you get all the fittings you just need screwdriver
thank you pirate trading glad i bought from you joe