4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough for the price
On the basis that this cost me £12.99 posted, I have given it 4 stars.

I have a 32" LCD TV but am thinking of upgrading to a 40-50" TV in the future so wanted a mount which could take both and this seemed perfect.

Published 5 months ago by Laurie Ballard

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price point and sturdy but a few negative points
I installed this today for a new Samsung 32" LED TV. The frame assembles pretty easily (although the instructions were less than clear on which way round to mount the two upright supports), the nuts that hold the frame together seem to be an imperial size which is annoying.

Published 8 months ago by lazyade

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price point and sturdy but a few negative points, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Flush Tilt (1.3" Profile) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65 inch (80-165 cm) LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screen TVs Up To VESA 684x400 and 165lbs(75kg), Including a Twisted Veins 10' (3m) Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level (Electronics)

I also had problems mounting the frame to a brick wall, the raw plugs that come with the kit are very low quality (ie. they spin in the hole you drilled for them - even though I used the right sized bit, drilled slowly and didn't use hammer action, they still didn't take), I had to use my own raw plugs in the end.

One last gripe, with my 32" TV you can see the frame quite easily unless you are standing dead in front of the TV. With today's thinner bezelled TV's 32" is right on the borderline of what I'd use this bracket for. It would be fine for 37"+ but I don't like being able to see the frame so easily.

On the positive side it's sturdy and easy to mount the TV on once the mounting frame is up. It's also good value (you get an HDMI cable and mini spirit level included) - or maybe this is a waste if you already have one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 4 Nov 2013
Having put this bracket together it seems a little flimsy and it does not line up level so once on the wall the only way to level the tv it to pack it out with card as there is no adjustment on the bracket and no way of it being level on the wall, this is poor, not as good as 2 other brackets I have for other tvs around the house,also the angle must be set so once the tv is up it is not adjustable.Cheap but you get what you pay for I guess.
UPDATE
This company has contacted me to try and put things right, they take their customer service very seriously! for that they must be congratulated, they have sent me another bracket free, but this is unfortunately not much use as it does not sit flush to the wall.They have asked me to leave an update so that is what I have done, so customer service is faultless but the original product is not great and has to be packed out to make it level, as stated earlier, so I would not recommend the product.
UPDATE 2
The company have contacted me via phone a number of times, they have given me a full refund,this they offered, I never asked for them to refund me.... there customer service is faultless its just a shame the product I received is not of the same high standard as there customer service, but thank you for the refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough for the price, 21 May 2014
On the basis that this cost me £12.99 posted, I have given it 4 stars.

The mount is fairly small which is a good thing but it definitely does not feel as sturdy as some of the ones I have seen but I guess that's reflected in the price.

Mounting the bracket on the wall was easy and the screw-able bolts went straight into the timber joists without issue. When I came to attaching the two tilt bars to my TV, I found that the correct screws were provided but they just fell through the pre-drilled holes in the bars! I had to use the smallest screws because my TV was only 32" but this meant the head of the screws were too small for the holes. I had to get two washers per screw to prevent the bolt head sliding through. Not the end of the world but it seems pointless to include smaller screws which do not actually fit the pre-drilled holes in the tilt bars?

I 'hope' it will be strong enough to hold a bigger TV but I am not 100% confident of this so we will see in due course but for £12.99 it served its purpose.

UPDATE

I have now purchased a 47" TV and the mount is holding it fine and has been for over a month so I am very impressed.
As mentioned, the only issue was the bolts for my older TV but the new TV uses different bolts and they work fine without washers.

I am going to buy another one for a TV in the bedroom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wall mount kit for big TV., 15 Oct 2013
I've used a range of wall mounts in the past, including some apparently built to support an aircraft carrier.
It's difficult to argue with such mounts, as they strike a chord in any technically minded person for their wonderful engineering.
With the much lighter TV sets of today however, such engineering wonders are really not needed.
What is needed is a strong but easily handled mount, which provides a good and secure home for that precious flat screen.
That's where the Cheetah APTMM2B comes in.
It is a straight forward, no nonsense wall mount, easy to install and complete with all necessary hardware.
As well as all the appropriate screws, washers, spacers and wall plugs, this mount also comes with a rather nice high spec HDMI cable.
The mount needs to be assembled from the supplied pieces which is a quick and easy job requiring a screwdriver.
With a trusty power drill, just four holes in the wall are needed to take the heavy duty plugs and screws.
In minutes the mount is up and ready.
Attach the hangers to the back of the TV and hey presto, the job's done.
I bought two of these and have mounted a Samsung 47" LED and as Samsung 55" LED with no problems whatsoever.
The mount offers a reasonable degree of tilt adjustment and the TV can be easily positioned from left to right by sliding the hangers along the mount.
All in all, a very competent and user friendly mount at a cracking price.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well designed, solidly made bargain., 24 July 2014
A very pleasant surprise - this is very well designed and solidly made with clear instructions. The pack includes all the parts you need to get going. The bonus of a long HDMI lead, led torch and spirit levels (*2) make the price even more amazing. You may need longer wall fixing screws if like me you have 100mm of plaster board and insulation before the wall proper - but that is the exception rather than the rule. I would recommend this to friends - especially as the equivalent in high street stores run at £30 to £40 and could not be better than this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money minimum profile wall mount., 15 July 2014
spyder_man "spyder_man" (Orpington, Kent, England) - See all my reviews
Everything comes individually packaged in plastic bags to protect the paint finish. In the box are a range of different sizes of screws to fit the brackets to the back of the tv. Also are two bubble levelling devices and a keyring torch! There are also appropriate rawlplugs and coach screws.

Assembly and fitting was straight forward. One thing to watch out for is that this unit pivots the tv around the lower mounting and also holds the tv really close to the wall. So if your tv power socket is close to the bottom edge of the tv, you may need to purchase one of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-Power-Right-Angle-kettle/dp/B00CKDC92C/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1405382447&sr=8-5&keywords=right+angled+iec+lead. Also, fit the leads (aerial, power, hdmi, scart etc) before you hang the tv on the mounting frame as there isn't much room behind the tv once hung.

Great value: how do they do it for this price?

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost really good, 20 Oct 2014
L Savage - See all my reviews
Just put the bracket up tonight. On balance I'm really happy with it for the price. The bracket is reassuringly sturdy and the whole 'package' is very thoughtful. The kit comes with various bit 'n' bobs to mount various different types of TVs, a (rather poor but nonetheless appreciated) spirit level and to my surprise a very nice looking, long HDMI cable.

So why only three stars?

Assembly is fiddly -requiring long screwdrivers and contortion- and I feel this sets it apart from being a 'premium' product. This is balanced though by the extremely low cost - if you want to save yourself the few extra minutes and a sore wrist (said the priest to the choirboy) then be prepared to pay the price of this item several times over for very little improvement in day to day performance.

The real reason however is the quality control. When assembled the bracket was bowed - this was due to a misalignment of the holes which are used to bolt the two main halves of the wall mount together. This gave me a choice between overlapping the two halves by about a mil or assembling them crushed up and pushing together sideways. Both of these options put a bit of sideways stress on the bolt which is not what they're designed for, I'd be less concerned if the whole assembly was a bit less ramshackle but I doubt these are the highest quality bolts in the world. There was also a screw missing from one of the (mostly non-structural) side supports so mine is now held together with a cable tie. Again I would point to the low cost as a mitigating factor and add that these things shouldn't phase someone who's halfway competant at DIY (read bodging) but I can't give more than three stars to something that arrived broken and with bits missing even though I'm pleased with the finished result.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bracket at a great price!, 17 Aug 2014
Grant Rawlings "sprinkgbok" (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Perfect! I mounted my 51" Samsung TV without any problems. It arrived after 2 days with a comprehensive range of fixings.
I'd looked at other brackets in the chain stores, but at £70+ I thought I'd order this for £14 and see what it was like. It's as good, if not better than the expensive ones, and would recommend to anyone to get this bracket. (I must say, I was a bit sceptical about the £7 and £9 offerings, and hence opted for this one) Don't waste your money going to the high street chain stores. This is perfect for the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 15 degree tilt is a must for wall mounts ;-), 21 Aug 2014
I hung my old 52" TV (47kg) without a problem, it can take up to 65' screens. Its a basic design but all you need.
i think its more about YOU and your ability to make it a secure fixing, because the Cheetah Mount can handle the job. The 15 degree tilt is perfect if like me you are wall mounting your tv above a fireplace, because ideally you need the centre of the screen directly in your eye line for the best picture…so you need that tilt. I sit about 13ft back from my TV and its just about right.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Timer Mounter, Highly Recommend!!!, 15 Sep 2014
This was my first attempt at fitting a wall mount and it was easy and simple. near sure it stated it would take 2 to fit, but I managed to have the TV on the wall within 30 minutes. I guess it all depends on how easy it is to drill your walls. There are plenty of different screws with this kit to suit various TV's.

The bracket is not super slimline but that was not what I needed because of the requirements for TILT as it was for the spare room. excellent quality HDMI Lead also included.