on 15 April 2011
I have a number of power outages, as something in my house wiring trips the main earth leakage trip periodically, so a UPS seemed to be a good purchase.
The unit was easy to set-up and connect, as the internal battery was already connected (different to what the manual says).
When simulating a mains failure with just 1 PC connected, the unit lasted 30 minutes before initiating a shutdown of windows. With all my other peripherals connected (second PC, scanner, wireless router, laser printer and inkjet printer) the load got up to 50%.
Three points to note (hence the 4 stars):
1) The software lacked readable documentation (well English anyway), and it took a few installs to get the PC to see the UPS. The software is an overkill for 1 PC, and is really designed to control many PC's over a network, so it has agents/services that must all work correctly for the software to monitor.
2) The unit comes with two short male to female IEC cables. Fine for connecting two PC's only. So I had to purchase a separate rewireable IEC male plug and wire it to a multi-way extension socket to power my other peripherals.
3) The unit still runs warm even when nothing connected to the UPS is powered up, so not too good for ones electricity bill I guess.
on 9 August 2009
The UPS works well, however it has a small, noisy fan which whines constantly even when under no load. In our office, it makes more noise than any of our other devices.
on 4 January 2010
Bought the product and charged it immediately. UPS seemed to work fine but the management software would not talk to my pc via the USB link. I don't have a serial port on my PC so struggled for a while to get it to work. Had to unistall the powermanagement software and re-install - all OK after that. The instructions and information provided are quite poor for the uninitiated, but I guess if you are buying one of these then you should have some prior knowledge.
The UPS will power up to 4 devices - I have my PC and monitors connected along with the router. I tried the printer but as it is a laser, the start-up demand is too much for the UPS and triggers auto-shut down. If you need to put your printer on a UPS, then choose something MUCH larger.
So far delighted with the product.
on 10 October 2011
Really brilliant utility. Tested it already and without a warning signal, I wouldn't know the power switched off and UPS started working.
Device generates some heat, but it's not too hot. After it charges up it stays just warm. Also makes no sound until it starts working (when power is down) - than you'll hear fan working and "beeps" every minute(?). but That is what you probably prefer than your computer switches off.
I'm using quite powerful machine (900W power adaptor - proper gaming thing) and it last about 40 minutes before I must switch off, when still running games and background applications. So just to cover time of changing a fuse or topping up a card (if you use prepaid) it's more than enough.
After installing software provided you can monitor and configure actions your system will take when power of UPS is low. One of the options is "run script before powering down". I used script what just hibernates system, so I never lose any data's. If you need help with it, just comment to my review and I shall explain it in details.
on 11 May 2010
Does what it says, so no real arguments from me.
You can connect a main pc via a USB or RS232 cable. I can not find out if you can have more than machine directly connected to the intelligent interface though.

You can have the software running on multiple machines though, so when your main pc is told by the UPS that the power has failed you can send a signal to others to shut down too. However, this appears to be only for windows based machines. I have to rely upon other mechanisms for my linux based NAS, which is my main reason for buying this.
on 30 March 2011
I have just purchased my second unit for a backup server upstairs. I have had one of these protecting 2 PCs and other peripherals for 2 years and it has not missed a beat. I have not found the fan noise to be an issue at all. the unit is sitting under a bench in the study and I can't hear the fan during normal PC use.

Good value and good reliability.
on 25 September 2010
It was easy to set up and works well, but has one defect, the cooling fan is noisy. This is a problem since the PC it supports is used for audio editing and recording via a microphone feeding into the PC.

I did contact the Trust helpline, but was told that it was in spec and that there was nothing that could be done.
on 2 July 2012
This product is excellent; It does what it says on the tin! I am perhaps pleasantly surprised, having read several reviews which complain about the noise level of this unit, to be able to say that this unit is virtually silent in operation. The only time it made any noise was when it needed charging, so I can only assume that the people who complained about the noise had not read the instructions properly and had not charged it for a full 8 hours before first usage. My only slight gripe would be that the instruction manual is a bit sketchy, although with hindsight all the necessary information is there provided you read it carefully (and study the diagrams with a magnifying glass!)
on 6 September 2011
I bought this to protect a new server; so far it seems to work well. It's caught one power fluctuation already, leaving the server blissfully unaware that all the lights were flickering and other appliances were going on and off.

I've seen comments about it being noisy from other reviewers; I haven't found a problem with that.
on 20 August 2010
Very good product. I actually needed something more powerful (to connect 2 Pcs and 2 LCD screens, for a total of close to 1300 Watts instead of 1300 VA), but this is the most powerful I could find for a reasonnable price. It works fine, and the only consequence I guess will be a shorter time left to close my PCs in case of power shut down. However, what I need to be portected against are very short power cuts (less than a second) which can severely damage the hardware. And for this, Trust 1300VA PW-4130M works perfectly well.

Very good delivery from Amazon. Although it was shipped from France, ordering on Amazon UK on July 14th (national holiday in France) got the order processed on the 14th, and the part actually shipped on the 15th. Absolutely perfect.