5.0 out of 5 stars Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T
Following a number of recent power cuts in our area and the subsequent loss of unsaved work I bit the bullet and ordered a UPS.
It was simple to install and includes surge suppression.
Published on 17 Aug 2009 by Peter J. Martin

1.0 out of 5 stars UPS powre down
This ups last about 5 minutes before powering down. Apparently this is a feature if the power drain is low, but at max 30 watts, my computer is below what this device can support.
Published on 14 Nov 2009 by Mr. F. W. Allan

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T, 17 Aug 2009
Peter J. Martin "Peter" (Rochester, Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
It was simple to install and includes surge suppression.
It has only had to operate in anger once but earned its keep on that one occasion, and the bonus - I did not have to go through the frustration of repeating work already done.
I rate this a great purchase and should have bought one sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars UPS ( Not the Brown Vans), 16 Mar 2012
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Uninterruptable Power Supply ( UPS ) a must for anyone who values their IT equipment and software. The Trust 1000VA UPS is compact, stylish, (well as stylish as a lead acid battery can get I suppose) but most of all, it does what it is supposed to. I live in rural Spain and our power supply is mains grid, but very unstable, with brown outs, black outs and varying RMS peaks, that it makes using unprotected IT equipment foolish at best.My wife works from home and is constantly on line to offices in Madrid, UK and Germany, so stability is essential. Her Trust UPS protects her laptop, modem, external HD and the telephone line from Earth strike spikes. I have another Trust protecting my touchscreen, HD and printer. Since the installation, which was a piece of cake, we have had 1 power cut, typical!! but they kicked in straight away and both units gave us more than enough time to close application and shut down the equipment in a controlled manner. Bigger units will of course provide longer back up times than these, but to be honest if you have a power cut and it takes you longer than 5 minutes to close down your apps and equipment, then mobile UPS units are probably not what you are looking for.
Should you buy one? To be honest I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good UPS, but only for some users., 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
This UPS is perfect for a home user who only wants to have enough time to shut down their equipment in the event of a power cut. This is a basic UPS with no USB connectivity and only two protected sockets, (The third is surge protection only (RED socket)). This works well with my IMac and giver peace of mind during power cuts. This product is not suitable if you wish to keep using your equipment during a cut, it gives and audio alert every 30 seconds or so (during a power cut) that can't be turned off. Again a good reliable UPS but only suitable for home users looking for limited use and peace of mind.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems OK, 1 May 2012
J. Nicholson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Not dissatisfied with this item but a little disappointed that no USB connection is available to permit monitoring via the PC. Product looks well made. I have other Trust products and they have all performed satisfactorily. No reason not to expect this will do likewise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super UPS ..., 16 Mar 2012
Brian Lee - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
I had 3 of the APC small UPS devices but none of them lasted very long (2 years or so) even with new batteries purchased, and didn't last very long in supplying power during power loss either - less than 5 minutes! I bought a Trust 650VA UPS about 4 years ago and found it was much better, supplying power for over 15 minutes - and it was cheaper than the APC! A downside was that the Trust has kettle-type mains sockets for its output - it is designed to be used for desktop PC's with that type of input socket on the system unit and monitor. I wanted more flexibility - normal-looking 13a mains sockets for me please (albeit labelled up so you don't plug a 3kw heater into it!). No big problem - cut the other end off the Trust-supplied lead, take a 4-way mains adaptor apart and remove its cable and connect the butchered Trust cable in instead. (If you are not familiar with mains electrics get someone you trust(!) to do this for you.)

Having done that - it worked great for about 3 years but then I got a new computer. In common Microsoft tradition, less than half of the software I had on my old machine (XP) worked on the new machine (Windows 7)! So - I needed to be able to have both PC's running at the same time, plus my TiVo and Panasonic BWT700 plus my Tosh VHS/HDD/DVD recorder (anything with a hard disk drive should ideally be supplied via a UPS IMHO). Unfortunately all this lot was too much for the 650 VA UPS and it started beeping at me in pain! (It didn't cut out or anything - just a warning.) So I bought a 1000VA Trust UPS. Superb! My adapted 4-way mains socket of course still works, I now have enough power for all my stuff and in at least 5 subsequent power outages (we have an over-sensitive circuit-breaker system as well as the street mains supply going out at least once per annum) it supplied power for over 20 minutes - plenty of time for me to reset the circuit-breaker or to shut down the kit etc.

So - well pleased - in fact I'm just about to buy another one for another room ...

1.0 out of 5 stars UPS powre down, 14 Nov 2009
Mr. F. W. Allan "e" (uk) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Saved our bacon, 19 April 2013
Eddie G "Eddie G" (UK sector, North Sea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Purchased for my ship in order to meet regulations concerning bridge and engineroom computers, also the server for the ships internal network, the USBs were supplied quickly, well before the advertised time and allowed us to pass a survey by an external company. Outstanding, especially when our usual IT suppliers were quoting three times as much as we paid for three units to supply one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind.., 17 Mar 2013
David Edwards (Oria, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Living in Spain, where we get constant blips in the electric supply, you need a reliable UPS. This does the job perfectly. as do the other 2 Trust UPS that I have. Without them I would be replacing my electronic equipment very frequently. I would highly recommend them for anyone who wishes to protect their equipment. I have used other makes in the past, but find Trust UPS,s much more reliable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, 16 July 2010
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Initially this pack supplied power to my computer for about 20mins which was great for the little short powercuts we get 'out in the country' or enough time for you to shut down the computer properly - However you need to be able to plug the screen into the pack too... so you need a 'kettle lead' plug on the back of your screen.. the old screen I had had a different power lead so when we had a power cut I could not shut my computer down because the screen was dead!

Anyway the sad news is that it has stopped working - I would have thought it would last a few years :o( so I wont be buying another one inspite of my IT guy recommending it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a few years, 6 Feb 2013
This review is from: Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T (Accessory)
Worked ok to start with, then after 1 year gave me a few minutes/seconds to shutdown. After 3 years it no longer seems to work at all - the battery is probably dead.

Trust 1000VA UPS PW-4100T