Format: DVD|Change

on 25 February 2014
-Love this film and wanted it on DVD. This copy is in very good condition, it could probably pass as new if you were buying it as a present. It's very cheap and came within the estimated delivery dates. :)
on 16 August 2013
A very well made remake of a much respected "oldie". I expected it to be rubbish, but the casting, script and action are all really tastefully done, not too silly, but give plenty of laughs. This is a great family film guaranteed to bring smiles to all who see it.
on 8 May 2016
Very funny, actually extremely funny. BUT this is has a bit more "sauce" than the version I have seen on TV. There were quite a few cuts to get it shown before the watershed. Please heed the age guidance on the film not what you may have seen on the tv. My kids loved the tv version but I am holding off on this uncut version for a while yet.
on 4 April 2010
Understandably the St. Trinian's story needed to be updated for the 21st century, and I'm glad they did - and I'll say overall, a very enjoyable film...but some of the humor is just too raunchy for the viewing audience, and the overall tenor is plainly too acidic. I was particulary offended by the depiction of the crucifixion, which is off-limits no matter how big of a studio it is...sacrilege is intolerable. Another scene was supposed to be funny but it depicted a drowned schoolgirl in a fishtank...and that was presented in a way that supposed to be funny. I think this could have been a great film and a great homage to the comedy black and white classic that spawned it, but the subject matter is just too much off the hook. Naughty is to be expected with St. Trinian's, suggestive, maybe, but raunch, sacrilege and murder take this to a whole new level...a level never contemplated by the original author of the cartoons or the original film adaptations. Some modern big kid film director is spoiled and thinks he or she can have their own way and make Tarantino-ish sick humor...well, it's just not funny.
on 3 June 2008
This is a really super, fun, entertaining movie and stuffed full of delights. It has its dullish moments (much as I like Colin Firth as an actor, the plotline involving him is sometimes a bit slow) but overall the movie is absolutely wonderful. The girls give it all they've got and make the movie into a really enjoyable caper. One of my favourite aspects is the variety of the different types of girl cultures that are represented in the film: eg. the chavs, posh totty, the geeks and the absolutely wonderful Mackie twins whose characters' deliberately deadpan expressions, coupled with their fondness for talking in unison and their enthusiasm for mayhem makes them, in my view, two of the most original, funny and well-drawn characters I have ever seen in a movie. Stephen Fry is first rate and so are Talulah Riley, Gemma Aterton and Russell Brand. Highly recommended. Looking at the reviews written by those who gave 'St Trinians' just one star: have they forgotten how much fun it is to be young?
on 28 April 2008
Firstly this IS a 1080 presentation: I can easily see the extra resolution on my 52" TV. However it's inconsistent leading me to think that the original master is also variable. The first half of the film is mildly amusing and has 3 or 4 moments of humour that work (much to my surprise) but this is badly let down by the second half. The latter is not awful just bland and insipid with no sparkle or wit. Surely sparkle and wit are the absolute requirement of the finale of a St Trinian's film? Rupert Everett is good and some of the girls try hard but mostly it's a second rate ITV comedy writ large(ish). Certainly not worth the money required to obtain this Blu-Ray version (much to my annoyance).
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2010
For the first ten minutes I wasn't too sure about this remake, then the fun began to kick in.

The film has kept to the tradition of English comedy; I use the word advisedly because it sure takes the piss out of the English. It is full of that kind of character comedy that British actors excel. The plot is as strong as it needs to be and nicely inventive. I love the idea of the gangs of girls, "Chavs", "Posh Tottie", "Geeks" etc as some sore of bizarre house system. The twins are a blast from the past, just the sort of girls you'd find in the originals.

Rupert Everett is a good laugh, but is out-classed by Colin Firth. It's ridiculous, it's fun and it works just as a comedy should. Well worth a few watches.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2008
To be honist I wasn't planning to watch this film let alone enjoy it. Because of a fault on an inflight entertainment system this was the only film I could watch. To my suprise I actually enjoyed it.

The cast was top notch, it was well written and was very funny in places. It certainly was not dull. I loved the original St Trinians with George Cole and wasn't expecting much - how nice it was to be proved wrong.

The dvd has some excellent special features including deleated scenes and some funny bloopers. If you enjoy light comedy then this film is for you.
on 17 March 2009
Sitting here recovering from an operation, feeling sorry for myself. Decide to watch St T against my better instincts and find myself laughing out loud!!!! First when Camilla (Rupert Everett) and Geoffrey (Colin Firth)gaze into each other's eyes with love, and utter............another time, another country. Well, you have to know the 1984 film to get the joke. Then Firth in a wet shirt, the plan to steal 'Girl with a Pearl Earring' and other jokes targeted at our Col. Plus Russell Brand and the girls who are not the old empty-headed sexpots of the original, but sassy, determined ladies.Wicked ladies, of course.
Good stuff!
on 15 August 2008
Wasn't quite sure what to expect from the remake. Some of the casting is a bit off. Some of the actresses are obviously too old to play schoolgirls like Taylor is better known for playing a 20-something in "2 pints of lager" and Russell Brand is not good enough to play Flash Harry. The plot itself is a bit predictable and silly, but then again so were the original films. Not sure how well the film will translate to an oversea market as there a lot of "British" jokes reference, eg Colin Firth/Mr Darcy. On the plus side, the sound track is used well and in the end it's a good laugh.