5.0 out of 5 stars back on track
Brilliant! I was hesitant to buy this but I'm glad I did. This is St Trinians as it should be done. Total anarchy, mayhem, great music. This movie definitely captures the spirit of the earlier versions. Lots of references to other movies like Colin Firth after his dip in the pond.
If you like the earlier St Trinians then this is a must buy. British humor at its...
Published on 19 Sept. 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good film, wrong time
This film is fun and well-made, with some excellent performances, notably from Rupert Everett and Colin Firth, but its ultimate failure is down more to the times in which we live than the film itself. The original St Trinians celebrated anarchy in a repressed world, but these days it is hard to find anything funny in the idea of schoolgirl violence, because it is a...
Published on 13 Sept. 2008 by Jenny Wren

‹ Previous | 113 14 1519 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Entertainment without substance, 9 May 2008
V. Appleton "Vicki" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
The St. Trinian's of old were mishcheivious, the new class are sexed up to say the least. It is entertaining and amusing at times. Considering the cast choice I think they could have made better use of them. The plotline is very thin and merely acts as an excuse to give the girls something to act out against. This is a movie to watch when you're hungover or not in the mood to use your brain. On the plus side younger viewers will enjoy the slapstick humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and true, 17 Jun. 2008
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
(by Jiordan 12) This is one of THE BEST movies i have ever seen i couldn't stop laughing all the way through. A must se for girls my age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 July 2014
This review is from: St. Trinian's (DVD)
Just the ticket

5.0 out of 5 stars If you think you might like it you will!, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I was extremely wary of buying this remake without having seen it first - I enjoyed the originals but they were made a very long time ago. I needn't have worried: this is a fun and sassy update of the original format. Stand out performer for me was Gemma Arterton as Head Girl. There are plenty of extras on the disk. The theme tune is catchy. Even the interactive menus are good! A great way to brighten up a dull Autumn day...

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 17 Nov. 2014
Mr. D. J. Daniels (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
As expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never Gets Old, 27 Nov. 2011
Ms. B. J. JENKINS "Beth Jenkins" (Nottingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I've watched this film too many times to count, I love it so much. I watched it with my Mum the other night and she likes how true it stays to the original film (Belles of St Trinian's). It's genuinely funny with a perfect mixture of slapstick and subtle humour. Definitely better than the sequel and worth watching.

1.0 out of 5 stars not suitable for anyone!, 10 April 2009
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
I could only bear to watch forty minutes of this stinker, but although that's forty minutes of my life I'll never get back, I'm glad I did, as we had planned to watch it together with our kids as our 'family film' and if I hadn't watched any of it beforehand I wouldn't have been aware of how unsuitable it is for family viewing. Really, the '15' certificate it got in Ireland is far more appropriate. It's the references to 'recreational' drug use that I found most inappropriate in a '12' film: during a hockey match, a pupil offers the school nurse 'poppers' to help revive an injured player. The headmistress is shown smoking a joint, and is later offered pills by her clubber secretary. On top of that there's the swearing, the joke about the 'posh totty' running a phone sex line (with jokes about 'oral' exams and being the 'head' girl) and the Damian Hirst inspired sight gag in which Colin Firth, snooping around an empty art classroom, discovers a (apparently dead) pupil floating in a glass tank! I actually found the image quite disturbing. Bear in mind, this is all in the first forty minutes!
So, in my opinion, the film is not suitable for children. However, it is so puerile and so unfunny that neither do I think any adult would enjoy it. Even if I had not found it distasteful, nothing could have made me watch the rest of the movie. Luckily, we only rented it, and it's going straight back in the post a.s.a.p.

3.0 out of 5 stars St Trinians, 13 May 2008
J. McCormack "julie28069" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Well, it was okay I suppose, it did make me laugh a couple of times, particularly with the wee dog called Mr Darcy and reference is made to Colin Firth in Girl with a Pearl Earring. However, I did feel slightly uncomfortable with some of the innuendo, given that we are expected to believe that we are dealing with schoolgirls, it just didn't quite sit right (and this from someone who likes Jimmy Carr so not easily offended). Had it been a totally adult cast it would have been fine but I couldn't quite reconcile it with a child orientated cast. Otherwise, glad I rented and didn't pay at the pictures, would have been a bit annoyed then!

3.0 out of 5 stars so-so St trinian's, 17 Jun. 2008
Ms. Sophy Friend "Stickler" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] (DVD)
Not as bad as I expected but not as funny as the hype suggested. A couple of belly laughs, not more. Fine for a quiet night on TV...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Feb. 2015
Great film

‹ Previous | 113 14 1519 | Next ›

St Trinian's [DVD] [2007]
St Trinian's [DVD] [2007] by Barnaby Thompson (DVD - 2008)