Format: Audio CDChange

on 21 October 2009
If you don't know Iced Earth then I highly recommend you try them out. They are an excellent heavy metal band who span the whole power, speed, thrash, opera, progressive and NWOBMH style genres. They play well, sound good and get the metal juices flowing.

Dark Saga is a concept album based on the Spawn comic books. The songs are excellently played and the production is good. Songs on the album span nearly all the above genres so you won't get bored.

This album and Something Wicked This Way Comes were my introduction to the band and I highly recommend you give them a try. I'd also recommend The Crucible of Man: Something Wicked, Pt. 2.
on 6 October 2010
There's already a lot that's been said about this album on comments before that sum this album very well. Iced Earth can span from thrash, heavy and melodic metal, and still sound unique. I'm judging them by this album alone, as it is well known that Iced Earth have changed their style over the years.

The Dark Saga is a fantastic concept album about the original Spawn Comic and it keeps you gripped until the very end. I would like to say that there is a number of notable songs on the album, but I can't pick just one. All of them are fantastic in their own way. 'A Question of Heaven' is a favourite because it combines some incredible heavy riffs with heart touching melodies. 'The Hunter' will also get your blood pumping from the very start!

The only criticism I have with this album is the drumming. It can be a bit sloppy and out of sync with the other instruments.

If you're into old school Iron Maiden or a bit of Manowar, this is definitely for you.

I would also recommend checking out other albums such as 'Burnt Offerings' and as someone mentioned before, 'Something Wicked This Way Comes'. They are both incredible.
on 17 February 2015
Great Album based on the Spawn graphic novel
on 15 April 2015
loved it
on 4 February 2008
This album is one of my favoret of alltime their int much that can beat it sereusly heavey dude.