4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch
Published on 26 Aug 2011 by Timothy Trezise

2.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch
I had this watch for about 6 months and was very pleased with my purchase because it is a very stylish and slim watch.

Published 23 months ago by Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)

Unfortunately, the watch is not working anymore because the dial for the seconds came off and is blocking the other dials. Because it was still under warranty, I contacted the seller Watches2U by e-mail. However, Watches2U did not bother to reply even after many reminders. After contacting Amazon and Skagen, they told me that the repair can be carried out by Fossil. I still don't have it back.

In short, Skagen has very good looking watches, but if you order by Watches2U, you will be on your own when it brakes down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch, 26 Aug 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
I got this watch as a replacement for a very bulky Timex chronograph and it is perfect. It is extremely slim and elegant and the watch face is very clear. I have only a couple of criticisms and they are that the date is very small and for me quite hard to see and it would have made the strap fixing neater if the case attachment had been a pocket rather than a slot. Even with those this represents excellent value for money.

Having now had the watch for some time I can comment further. A couple of niggles are that the strap is already showing bad signs of wear and I can't see it lasting very long and the other is the crown. Because of the location of the crown it tends to get caught on shirt cuffs and I frequently have found that the date has been inadvertently changed. Other than this the watch is still a pleasure to wear because it is so light.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware replacement strap rip off, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
I received this watch as a Christmas present a few years ago and was very pleased with the actual watch but noticed the strap started wearing badly after a year or so. I discovered that I could only get a replacement strap from Skagen in the UK so paid £27 for this at the end of 2011. Again the strap has worn out too quickly and I have now been quoted £45 by Fossil who run the repairs etc in the UK for a replacement strap. It seems to me that they are using their monopoly to charge ridiculous amounts of money knowing I cannot go elsewhere. I could buy a brand new identical model watch for £67 via Amazon which makes their charges look even crazier.
If you are intending to buy a Skagen watch then I would suggest that you do not buy any with a leather strap as the quality of the leather is highly suspect and it appears that they are using the replacement straps as a way of massively increasing their profits at the expense of their customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch, 7 Mar 2010
G. Bradford (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
I have only had this watch for about three weeks but I am very pleased with my purchase. Apart from keeping good time, it is beautifully made, very stylish, and nice and slim. (Something I prefer in a watch).
If you are looking for an elegant time piece this could well be the one.
Up-date. 05/07/2012.
For no obvious reason the watch glass just developed several cracks while I was sitting eating lunch. It was still under warranty so I returned it to Skagen. They recieved it on 30/05/2012. I still don't have it back.
I am told by Skagen that all their repairs are now carried out by Fossil and it is now with them. I have rung Fossil and they have no record of it. It seems it might be in the system somewhere. Very poor service and the first and last Skagen watch I will buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Skagen Watch poor review, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
Bought this (2333XXLSLB) two years ago as I loved the vary slim and modern design, which I still do.
However, after 12 months the strap went and a new one is around £30! which is a ridiculous price to pay for a strap that is more than half the cost of the watch, and is not even solid leather. It has a sort of cardboard core. So I bought a normal one for £10, proper leather and adapted it to fit. BUYER BEWARE.
Now after 2 years and one change of battery, it stopped again so after another new battery it has stopped altogether!
So I am now left with a lovely looking watch that is probably not worth getting fixed and out of guarantee.
It looks like I will have to get a new one, but I will avoid Skagen in future, unfortunately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, 4 July 2011
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
I've had this watch for a little while now. It looks good and keeps good time. I was worried that the diameter of the face might be too big. It's not, and the watch profile is quite slim. No regrets. Buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking - My First Skagen, 3 April 2011
Navin (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
I have been impressed by these watches when I first saw them on an Airport shop. It's my first Skagen watch and looks good, stands out from others. Very sleeky. The only downturn I found is, in about 2-3 days the leather dtrap has started showing stretch marks. Otherwise, I am happily wearing this watch. Great price once again from Amazon, they never fail to amaze me. (The retail price is about £30.00 more wherever else you buy this watch)

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid unless you're prepared to spend a fortune on replacement straps, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
The watch is fine, but the strap is very poor quality and disintegrated after a few months' wear. What's worse is that Skagen appear to supply the only replacement strap, and that costs almost as much as the watch itself. Unless you're prepared to buy a succession of overpriced straps (£35-40 a time), do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch at a bargin price, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
This is my second Skagen watch and they are great value for money,they keep good time,and I cannot fault them.

5.0 out of 5 stars skagen watch, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Skagen Men's 233XXLSLB Black Watch (Watch)
A very sleek and impressive looking watch which fits very comfortably on the wrist and is easy to read. The watch keeps excellent time and if there is a criticism it is that you cannot read the time in the dark. Overall, though, excellent value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›