5.0 out of 5 stars A little bit of everything, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Twenty Dollar Bill (Kindle Edition)
Quite fancied the look of this book by the title. Normally I prefer stories which follow through but this one was a little bit of everyone and it was a refreshing change.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 Stars from "Red Adept Reviews", 17 May 2011
Plot/Storyline: 4.5 Stars

I loved the idea behind this book. The author takes us on a journey of a twenty bill while giving us brief glimpses of the lives it touches.

I liked the fact that the twenty didn't seem to have a whole lot of effect on anyone. It didn't save anyone's life and no one died over it. Often, it was just given as change for a larger bill. Instead of trying to inject mysticism, the author chose realism.

You would also get to see different events unfolding from different viewpoints. Truth is in the eye of the beholder.

Unfortunately, the book loses some of its cohesive feel towards the end. There were just a few too many `stories'. However, this is only by maybe the last 3 or 5, not including the last necessary two.

Character Development: 3.5 Stars

I think the author would have been better served to have the twenty cross fewer hands and instead have given more in depth views of the lives it touched. We are given very brief glimpses into people's lives, so brief that good character development is almost not possible.

I will add that the author did develop as much as he could within the boundaries of his format.

Writing Style: 5 stars

Each segment was told with flair. The author did extremely well telling each part through the voices of different characters. His storytelling method is wonderfully condensed while still being informative.

Editing/Formatting: 5 Stars

There were no editing or Kindle formatting problems.

Overall: A terrific book that I enjoyed immensely. I have already purchased another book by this author that I am looking forward to.

Rating: PG for some adult situations

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!!, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Twenty Dollar Bill (Kindle Edition)
I found this book so different and so good that I would recommend it to everybody!!! It is excellent!! It made me stay reading until really late, I could not stop. Great reading.

ARRAY(0xa6a2993c)