4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not that good
I purchased this keyboard/mouse combo recently to replace my MX5000 keyboard on which I cracked the LCD screen (oops!!). Having used the MX5000 combo for ages I eagerly anticipated a good upgrade with additional or better features.

Published on 30 April 2009 by Mikey

3.0 out of 5 stars Starting to have problems.
Published 3 months ago by John Gage

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not that good, 30 April 2009
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)

The mouse is good and comfortable in use with an excellent shape and the control buttons are well placed. The one drawback, it is easy to misplace the mouse in its charging cradle so it appears locked in but is not making contact with the charging points. Check that the charge lights are actually lighting incrementally.

The keyboard is as you'd expect from Logitech - a good solid full sized keyboard with quiet and responsive keys. No better or worse than other Logitech keyboards. However the function buttons and hot keys do provide easy navigation shortcuts once you are either used to them or program them accordingly (very easy using the provided software). The LCD display is similar to the previous model MX5000 and if anything is a poorer display of white on black rather than black on white. This is one of the major reasons for four stars, by now Logitech really should be coming up with a colour screen on such a highly priced combo keyboard. It would really add to the quality and appearance of the item. Also they have removed the on/off key that was present on the MX5000 underside. This means the keyboard is constantly on although I presume in a dormant mode and taking little power from the batteries when not in use.

The bluetooth feature is its major benefit allowing freedom of use and the ability to pair other devices to your computer through the hub. Expensive way of doing it if that was the only reason!!

All in all the mouse is excellent, but the keyboard is not outstanding and that was what I was expecting given the quality of the previous MX5000 model.

4.0 out of 5 stars great keyboard, 9 Jan 2010
Raymond Lau "RL" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
Mouse has the best scroll wheel, especially when navigating long pages. Keyboard is great, although I still prefer the MX3100 it replaced, function wise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the packet!, 5 Dec 2010
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
I was looking for a wireless keyboard & mouse product, and specifically one that used rechargable batteries (for the mouse) and at least AA batteries for the keyboard. I had previously used a keyboard that used AAA batteries, and it seemed that I was putting new batteries in every 2 or 3 weeks.

The MX5500 keyboard / mouse combination has proved to be excellent. Easy to follow instructions, easy set up, very comfortable and quiet to use, and additional features that I didn't know I needed until I used them!

I use the combination with Windows XP, with which it integrates very well, and there would appear to be additional features that might make it even more useful for Win 7 users.

An excellent product, even if at the upper end of the price range, and I woud certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars MX5500 - Replaced MX5000, 27 Mar 2009
Mr. J. A. Elliott "Jellitot" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
I purchased the MX5500 Revolution as a replacement for the MX5000 which I had been using for a couple of years but the keyboard developed connection problems. The short cut keys on the MX5500 keyboard are a great help and the design & features of the mouse is excellent - very comfortable to hold. Would definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a reliable bluetooth combo.

3.0 out of 5 stars Starting to have problems., 18 May 2014
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
I have owned this product just over 2 years and now the USB Bluetooth receiver has stopped working. I did buy a Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter last year so luck would have it I can sync my Keyboard and Mouse to that. Also having problems with the mouse charger. Putting the mouse on charge is very fiddley now as I think the connection from the mouse to the charger has warn down. The Keyboard and Mouse do feel good to use. It's a shame about these problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
Got this to replace a previous Logitech Bluetooth keyboard & mouse combo, which I accidentally destroyed the USB dongle on & it seems that you can't get replacements parts for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Cordless Desktop, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
This keyboard/mouse combination has everything you could ever want, including the time and date. Easy to use and comfortable when typing. Highly delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Silent - love mouse, keyboard display and side calculator opt., 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
Hi All, Had Logitech MK710 set before for few months. Drove me nuts. loud as anything before, despite low profile key, felt like typing cheap plastic.
Sometimes working in the evenings and having lil boy asleep, I kept waking him up. MK710 - feels cheap and not worth money...

Now I am Proud owner of MX5500!!! Keeeching!

Keyboard
Super Silent
Show room temp on display - wicked feature
Many additional keys with shortcuts - they there but you just don't see them... so sleek,
Side Calculator shows calc on keyboard display and keep values as copied to be pasted.
and so on...
Generally wicked keyboard.

There is wish list to be perfect:
low profile keys but remain super silent
Display to be up-lighted as working evenings and winters, is difficult to see values,
middle SPACE key be more silent and you can hear click on fast press,

Mouse:
EXCELLENTO!!!
Soooo accurate and ergonomic...

This is my TOP purchase in 2012 :)) despite got few other "toys"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in professional use, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
My keyboard informs me that I'm well past 2.3 million keystrokes (or have I been a third time round the counter?) so it's about time for a review. Well, longevity seems good for those employed to type heavily. And the keyboard feel is good -- reasonable damping, not too clicky, and it looks like all this wave and and ergo-split stuff (my previous keyboards) has been consigned to history; probably a good thing as it increased keyboard size and I never felt any benefits. Gone also is the soft palm rest, but what we have is a soft touch (not cushioned!) rest, which is hard yet tactile. It's very hard wearing, cleans well and doesn't mark easily -- I have a habit of swinging the arm rests of my office chair over it, and the marks come off with a swipe of my finger. So there's some quality, well-chosen materials here.

The keys don't rattle as there's still no play in them from the verticle, but otherwise the keyboard is no quieter than many other non-budget products. The damping, regarding touch and sound, has long since worn off a little, because lesser used keys are clearly softer. Still, this keyboard is sure to go a long way for less heavy users, and I'm not done with it yet. I'm guessing I'll get 50% longer out of this one than other quality keyboards I may buy; I do bin them long before they are technically broken, because I need good performance regarding noise and, most especially feel, due to my heavy usage and requirements for non-knackered fingers!

I've found the function keys and especially the programmable ones very handy and easy to set up and change. Having a separate calculator in the in-built LCD display has proven handy for invoicing too, no need to fiddle between windows on-screen.

The mouse has proven very responsive, scrolls well, and offers more functionalities than I will ever use. Very ergonomic and easy to use -- though it may be unsuitable for non-adult hands due to its size. Perhaps the most outstanding thing I noticed early on (I now take it for granted) is the fast scrolling -- essentially, rather than wear your finger out rolling and rolling, you can flick the roller into a free-wheel where it keeps going and going until you but the brakes on by replacing your finger. It's extremely fast, very controllable, and I'm sure is much less of a load on your physical well-being.

Somehow, the Bluetooth connection also seems more lively, responsive and reliable than the wireless USBs I've used before. I'm not able to say why, but it's almost as if there's a delay with other systems; the sluggishness isn't down to speed settings.

The batteries on the keyboard last well, but since I have four Duracell AAs in there, it's hardly surprising that I have no memory of when I last changed them. The mouse charges from a cradle, and it's still working fine. You do have to make sure it's placed right, but the charge indicator will tell you when it is; it isn't especially fiddly, but it isn't self-guiding.

Overall, I'm not sure I could have bought a better keyboard and mouse package. But it does come at a price, so it's up to you if your use justifies it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: Logitech Cordless Desktop MX5500 Revolution (Electronics)
This Set is really awesome. The keyboard is really well designed and the hands can sit on it in a relaxing way. The mouse has an insane autonomy time between recharges and it also has great response time like a cabled one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›