on 9 September 2008
My DC22 is one of the best purchases I've made all year. It's very effective, not too noisy (contrary to other reviews here) and stows away very neatly.

The dust container really doesn't hold much, and needs emptying at least once per house-clean, but the build quality is excellent and emptying is mess-free.

I bought a turbine head separately, but in truth the flat head supplied is fine for most carpets.
on 21 May 2009
This is the best vacuum cleaner I've used so far, and it's my first bagless and my first Dyson.

It's fairly lightweight for its size and bulk, and I like the way it packs quite neatly, and I like that it doesn't have a bag and that it does a good job of sucking the floor and carpets. I love the button that you press to release it off of carpets so the carpets don't stick to the sucker head - conveniently placed where the handle is so it's easy to use.

I also like the accessories that come with it by default - the crevice tool and the brush. I have skin allergies so I'm happy this thing has a HEPA filter which doesn't stink when it blows out air.

I don't mind the noise which I think is comparable to other vacuums I've used, and I don't mind the slightly smaller dust container. I do have to empty it out after 2 or 3 runs. I'm also fairly short so the wand is quite a good length for me, not too short or long.

The only thing they could've done better is that when it packs up, the head kind of sticks out so it doesn't look like as compact and neat. But this is totally superficial. I love this baby dyson.
on 6 August 2009
A great little thing. Just after using it on one already "clean" carpet, picked up so much of durt!!!!! I've always wanted a Dyson but the price and the size were stopping me, i needed something small to be able to store it easily (have problems with space). Saved a lot buying it here on Amazon as where we live, it cost twice as much. Only prob is that i purchased a Dyson party kit with it, and the tools dont fit this Dyson.
on 12 January 2010
I used to say, when I move to the UK I want a Dyson vacuum cleaner. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but still what I mean is, if you are the least interested in design of everyday things, you simply cannot have missed the Dyson brand.

My two bedroom flat isn't that big, and has mixed flooring (carpet and hard floor). I was choosing between the DC14 Ball and the DC22. In retrospect I'm glad I chose this one, mostly because of its size and stowability. And while it suffers from the same "plastic" feel as the other Dysons, it does feel much less wobbly and *cheap* than the upright ones I've tried.

The emptying mechanism works quite well and, if you're careful, doesn't make a mess. It requires emptying quite often, for me once every second run, but I'd much rather be doing that than risking having a buildup of bad odors.

On the minus side:
* no variable motor speed - full blast or off
* kind of noisy (but thankfully not that much high pitched whizz)
* no single-button switching of modes for the bundled head - requires some fiddling

Still I give it a 4 out of 5. It is not *that* expensive, it looks cool, folds well, and comes with 5 year warranty.
on 25 February 2009
This is my third every Dyson in approx 12 years, so I am a big fan. I bought this one because of its size, so it would fit in a cupboard, which it does. The waste collection cylinder is small but I find this encourages you to empty it regularly i.e. after each use, which prevents clogging! It is also much lighter than my previous cylinder dyson which I like. I am 5ft 4 and it is the perfect size for me. My husband is 5ft 10 and says it is too short for him. Overall, good value for money and happy with its performance.
on 9 May 2009
It may be a baby but it does the job of a giant. It is very light & easy to use & its compact size makes it easy to store. It vacuums up all dirt effortlessly & leaves the carpet spotless. Ten out of ten.
on 2 April 2008
Just got it today,
VERY EASY TO USE.

VERY LIGHT WEIGHT its around 5 kilograms but you dont need to hold on to it.
Beautiful design of machine and package, (whom ever packs them must be a mensa genius, you will see why when you buy one).
VERY SMALL dyson design, very cute, and space saving too.
VERY USEFUL and tiny you could carry it in your school/college/kit/gym-bag.
VERY HARD...
VERY QUIET, unbelievably compared to the old models.
Comes with a good range of attachments.
MADE IN MALAYSIA.
It needs VERY LITTLE STORAGE SPACE when not in use.
So there is no need to hide it in a cupboard it really is a work of art, you could put it on DISPLAY AS A SCULPTURE.

Only gripes and they are very minor.
It heats up a lot which is a very nice feature (its something to do with the laws of energy).
And no ON!!! switch on the handle, Mr Dyson if you read this wifi the power button WIFI IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And finally.
I just cant wait for the next installment from Dyson. But for now I'm off to do some Dysoning and put this BABY to the real test a teenager like bedroom eek!!!!!!!!
on 7 September 2009
Dyson have a great reputation, and I know why. This item is great and use it all the time. It also compacts down to a really small size which is great as my house is not that big.
Maybe the only downsize is that because its so small, it means I am frequently emptying it but thats not so much a negative as more a slight niggle. But overall I cannot rate this Dyson high enough!
on 27 July 2011
I've had an upright dyson previously which was great. I've had the DC22 for 3 years now and the suction which was poor to begin with seems to get progressively worse. I would try before you buy. If I had I would not have bought this.
on 4 October 2010
This little 'cleaner is easily as effective as the upright version that it has replaced. Powerful suction and very easy to empty. Also stows away surprisingly neatly. Amazon delivered quickly and in good condition.