5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning is no longer a chore
Update October 2013
Some 5 years later we have had no problems with this Dyson. So it IS robust, a brilliant design and does the job superbly.

Published on 16 May 2008 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Dyson. Small Dust bin
I wish I could give this 5 stars but the dust collection bin is just too small for that. Watch out if you are coming from an old Dyson with a normal sized bin as with this one you will need to empty it every time you vacuum if you have a 3 bedroom house. Apart from that, very good!
Published on 21 July 2009 by Daniel Hopwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning is no longer a chore, 16 May 2008
Paul (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dyson DC25 Multi Floor Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Every Floor Type (Kitchen & Home)
Update October 2013

We used to own a Dyson, and it was brilliant - easy to use and it sucked up so much dirt compared to other makes of vacuum. However, it wasn't that robust and only lasted a couple of years. We then bought a cheaper vacuum which only lasted about the same time - the trouble was it didnt clean nearly so well.
So we came back to Dyson and this model is absolutely BRILLIANT. The design is stunning, the extendable hose is great, it is even easy to empty. And yes, the ball does make it more manoeverable (but I wouldnt buy it just for the ball feature). It is quiet compared to other machines, and the suction is superb. We have only used it for 3 weeks now, but each time I really do marvel at how good it is.
However, how robust is it? Not only does this need to be a great performer for the money (which it is), but it needs to last. So I wouldnt have given 5 stars yet, but as it comes with a 5 year warranty who can argue with that?
Perhaps I will review it again in 3 years time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Dyson, 17 Sep 2008
A. Beattie "Dog lover" (East coast,Scotland) - See all my reviews
As a replacement for our old DC01, which still works altho' a bit tired looking, the DC25 is a worthy machine. Less capacity for the fluff etc but a very useful cleaner. Less noise, lightweight and manoeuvrable.

5.0 out of 5 stars House work made enjoyable!, 21 Aug 2008
Have used a Dyson DC01 for the past 15 years along with various other brands that came and went! DC25 arrived today (2 days after ordering it through Amazon!) and it is absolutely brilliant! It addresses all the issues I had with the DC01 which was best in its class at the time. The DC25 is light weight, has adequate capacity and deals with all types of floor at the flick of a switch. The ball takes the effort out of the pushing and changes of direction are effortless. Well done Dyson this is a winner!Dyson DC25 Allfloors- The Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Iron Satin Yellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb, 17 Oct 2008
Steven Brown (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I got this after buying a Hoover DM 4493 D Vacuum Cleaner - and after throwing that piece of utter junk in the bin (see my review) I thought I would give the Hoover brand a big body swerve and try a Dyson.

The comparison between the 2 products is quite unbelievable. The Dyson is everything the Hoover isn't. Lightweight, maneuverable, powerful - so easy to use.

I used the Dyson in one room after it had just been "hoovered" and the amount of dust that got picked up was amazing.

My wife thought the ball might be a bit of gimmick, but she things it's a great vacuum as well.

The extendable pole is a superb bit of design too, no daft hose flapping about - it's well out the way until it's required.

In summary - highly recommended. My first Dyson, and I really can't see myself ever purchasing any other brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fabulous, 30 May 2008
James Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
Having satisfactorily owned hoover, panasonic, electrolux and goblin vacuum cleaners over the years I was a little sceptical about this new design machine, not least the cost of it.
I have found the DC25 far superior to any other vacuum cleaner I have owned. Its exceptionally effective at cleaning, very maneuverable and relatively light weight. Taking into account the 5 year guarantee that comes with this cleaner I consider the Dyson DC25 to be very good value for money. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED - in fact I will be purchasing another one - for my mother-in-law for next Christmas (2008).

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoovering just got interesting, 11 Sep 2008
D. Bartlett (Milton Keynes) - See all my reviews
We purchased the DC25 only 1 week ago but already it has impressed me so much. Our last Hoover was a VAX, it was very heavy, very noisy and for the 2000watts of power it didn't produce the suction we were hoping for. Thankfully the motor blew on it and we sold the replacement and bought the Dyson. Like many people we were almost put off by the high price tag but we thought a 5 year warranty included was worth the extra money. The DC25 is light, quiet and most of all the suction for such a small vacuum cleaner is very impressive not to mention the excellent maneuverability, I now find myself finding an excuse to Hoover. I would recommend the DC25 to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another brilliant product from Dyson, 25 Jan 2009
James M. Betker "JMB" (Oxshott, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I thought it best to submit my comments after using the DC25 for a few weeks. This latest product from Dyson is excellent. The "track ball" idea is truly brilliant (why did no one think of this earlier ?) and makes the task of hoovering much, much easier.

We have a large multi-story house with carpet throughout and it's amazing the different between (for example) running Henry around or using the Dyson with the beater bar brush. There is no comparison between a hoover with static carpet attachment vs. a hoover with an active motorized beater brush.

My one negative comment about all uprights is the use of the wand to (for example) dust or clean carpeted stairs. I still use Henry with a brush attachment to clean the carpeted stairs as the long hose makes it so much easier - the upgright wands are just too awkward.

Emptying the canister is also very easy and is done in a matter of seconds.

Would I buy this product again. Absolutely yes !

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to manoeuvre, great for getting under units, 16 Aug 2008
Dyson DC25 Allfloors- The Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Iron Satin Yellow
I've owned Dysons for many years and have found them to be very effective, but generally quite heavy and not easy to manoeuvre. This Dyson Ball machine combats this problem. It's much lighter than the older style machines and you can move in and out of spaces with ease. Gets under radiators and units with no problems. Would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 2 Feb 2009
S. West - See all my reviews
I bought the DC25 when my original Dyson (DC14 I think) eventually blew its motor after 10 years hard labour. I was impressed at the ability of the old one to pick up pet hairs from carpets that other vacuum claners left behind, but it was very heavy and the storage design for the accessory tools wasn't brilliant, so I didn't automatically jump in for a Dyson as a replacement.

There are many bagless cleaners on the market now, so I had a good look around at the alternatives including reading reviews of some of them on this site. Nothing seemed to fit the bill as well as the DC25, although it is certainly the most expensive. It's one of the most powerfull, yet relatively light. It has a long hose, the brilliant ball design and yes, I was swayed to some extent by the fact that it looks the business!

After having used it for some time now, I'm very impressed. It is very manoeuvrable because of the ball and the flat design of the cleaning head means it can get under furniture that previously had to be moved. The accessories are also stored in a much better way than before. The only slight grumble is the fact that the dust compartment is much samller than the old one and has to be emptied quite regularly, but even this is easier to do (although you will need a small stick or something to help get out all the fluff that doesn't fall out with gravity). This is the only reason it doesn't get 5 stars.

If you can afford it, buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC25 Ball Allfloors, 4 Feb 2009
Dyson DC25 Allfloors- The Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Iron Satin Yellow
This is my 4th Dyson Upright Cleaner and without a doubt the best. We researched Vacuum Cleaners in 'Which' magazine and from the list our choice was the DC25. It is well built and the tools are far easier to use than on previous models. The ball is a wonderful innovatation and makes for an easy flow of cleaning. It also has its good points from earlier models, ie the ease of emptying the drum.
I have no regrets in purchasing this Dyson.