5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD
I used this DVD throughout my pregnancy. Tara's a great teacher. Top Tip: try the relaxation section when in labour, I did and actually chilled out enough to 'skip' some contractions. I was also back in pre-pregnancy jeans within 5 weeks. It took 5 months first time round with no DVD!
Published on 30 Jun 2008 by Sophie M

3.0 out of 5 stars A little fast, one pose not recommended.
I am a relative yoga beginner and I purchased this DVD a few weeks ago to add to my yoga practice. I have one pregnancy yoga class a week and I thought it would be good to try some at home too.

I found this DVD very very hard (I guess I will come with practice), but would definitely recommend taking it slowly at the start to avoid the backache I had. She also...
Published on 17 Mar 2011 by Abigail

5.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD, 30 Jun 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars My secret little helper for pregnancy, 31 Mar 2009
J. Crapper (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I had never done yoga before buying this DVD. I started getting back pain at about 20 weeks, and so I bought this DVD and practised it almost every morning and found it extremely useful, because my back was always sore and stiff when I got up in the morning. The relaxation techniques are really valuable and the visualisation is great to practice to help put you into a positive frame of mind for the birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 26 April 2009
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I am 27 weeks pregnant and have just started using this DVD. I would highly recommend it. Tara Lee is a brilliant teacher and her being pregnant during the making of the DVD definitley encourages you. The music is lovely and relaxing. The different Yoga stretches work your whole body but you do it in such a way that you don't feel unbalanced or like you're damaging yourself. Baby was happily kicking me throughout the relaxation which I loved because it gives you a strong connection with them and not only do you feel like you're working your own body out but you feel like it's benefiting the baby too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic DVD, 26 Nov 2011
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Pregnancy Health Yoga is fantastic, a really good, challenging work out that also helps with relaxation and breathing techniques for labour, I am delighted with it. However, I would not recommend it for anyone new to yoga or anyone who is looking for a gentle program, it is more challenging that some non pregnancy DVDs I have tried! Personally I become frustrated by most yoga DVDs, pregnancy or otherwise, as they are simply too slow and not challenging enough, and pregnancy ones often presume that you have to be treated with kid gloves when I for one still want a proper yoga practice, this totally fulfills that criterion. I would definitely recommend this DVD to women with a degree of yoga experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect yoga DVD to strengthen your body during pregnancy, in preparation for the birth of your baby, 21 Aug 2011
Sarah Sheikh (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
During my own pregnancies, I used a video by Racquel Welch - Hatha Yoga, and it really helped me through all stages from pregnancy to post birth, to keep my body fit. I was intrigued to see what progress had been made in DVD videos since that time (over two decades ago). I am amazed, and only wish this DVD had been released all that time ago. Tara includes the mention of the baby, which was something missing from the Video and records I practiced all that time ago...it feels more appropriate to view your body with reminder to the baby, rather than just a different shape body that happens to have a bump shape, and that you must strive to keep fit at all costs, whereas the DVD with Tara is much more holistic, embracing all aspects of the changing body during pregnancy. The backing music is delightful and I prefer it so much to what I previously experienced, mesmerizingly beautiful, soothing and magical sounds that have a rhythmic effect, hence keeping you both alert, aware and relaxed. The narration includes awareness of the baby in your womb and that your baby is aware of sounds from 20 weeks!

I'm totally enchanted by the beauty of the movements that Tara shares through "Pregnancy Health Yoga" DVD. Positions that are optimal for labour are discussed, which is a great idea to include such with an exercise yoga DVD. The exercises are thorough, but not likely to over exert you. Alternative positions are often suggested, depending upon bodily health and the size of your baby bump. Postures are shown from the front and the side, which really helps to ensure that you have correctly positioned yourself into the yoga posture. You are instructed upon which postures are fine for certain stages of pregnancy, and which are not. This DVD is certainly thorough in covering all aspects of guidance! Options are included if you are feeling dizzy, so ideal for all moments!

Although this is a pregnancy yoga DVD, the practice is still very thorough Practicing Pregnancy Health Yoga exercise DVD will certainly tone your body, giving you continued shape and strength to your body during your pregnancy. You are advised which movements are only suitable if you are very well established in your yoga routine prior to pregnancy, which I felt was very helpful guidance. I believe that the thorough routine is necessary to build strength for child birth, and to carry your baby internally with ease as you increase in size. Tara's guiding voice is soothing and supportive of your journey through the DVD. She gently instructs you, guides you, and shapes your practice.

The relaxation exercise are deeply calming, and this review is from a meditator of nearly three decades! Included is a beautiful visualisation that includes sending love to the baby in your womb - how sublime! This is the best relaxation pregnancy section to the DVD that I have ever seen, and the same applies to the DVD generally, too! Look no further as this DVD contains it all, including music by Wah!

Advice is included at the end of the DVD, providing a loving and caring completion to your time with Tara! I love this thoughtful inclusion!

Note:- I have not practiced this DVD as a pregnant woman, however, my memory of my body as a pregnant woman, and the previous exercises I completed at that time on a daily basis, are all crystal clear, and I wish strongly that this DVD had been available years ago, as I know the fitness maintained during pregnancy helps during this stage, during labour and allows your body to retain strength following birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend to anyone who is pregnant and has some yoga experience, 25 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Have never written a review of anything i've bought on Amazon before but this DVD is so great I felt inspired to tell all other pregnant women about it!
Having done yoga for nearly 12 years I wanted yoga for pregnant women, rather than 'pregnancy yoga' so-to-speak which I had found a bit 'light'.
The postures she puts together are challenging without being strenuous and there is a great balance of physical exercise and breathing and labour exercises that I feel prepare you well for the birth. I always feel great after doing the whole practice.
On the whole, it's fab and I would recommend to anyone who is pregnant and has some yoga experience

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I have done yoga a lot before getting pregnant. I bought several DVDs and went to 2 yoga courses but this DVD was by far the best investment! I would definetly recoment it and i have pased it on to several of my friends who also love it!
can be used by all through out the whole pregnancy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for pregnancy, 19 Jan 2011
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I've been doing yoga regularly for a few years and really started to miss it when I was advised not to do it for my first trimester. I'm now 14 weeks and have started using this DVD. It is excellent. The movements and poses are simple but very effective for relieving aches and pains and tension. Also, throughout the DVD it tells you which poses are good for particular stages of delivery - I suspect that will be invaluable.

The exercises are certainly not strenuous, but if you're anything like me and spent your first trimester sick and more tired than you've ever been, then this DVD will leave you feeling like you've had a decent stretch without overdoing it. Whilst it doesn't have anything like the postures regular yogis might be used to (there's no standing on your head, for example), it feels like the right level of difficulty/complexity for pregnancy. The focus is on relaxation and birth preparation, which makes perfect sense for a prenatal yoga DVD.

Highly recommended.

p.s. I'm also using the BuddhaBellies DVD which is a little different, but equally good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this after trying a couple of other pregnancy yoga dvds, but this is far and away the best. Good instructions, not too difficult to follow. Still feels like you're getting a yoga workout. Highly recommended. Lookig forward to trying the postnatal and mum and baby versions.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute MUST for all Pregnant Women!, 3 Nov 2010
This review is from: Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] (DVD)
Tara is an amazing teacher, and her style is well represented in the video. If you want to stay in great shape, both physically and mentally - BUY THIS DVD. Really. Some of us are lucky enough to go to Tara's classes in London - but if you're not, the DVDs are a close second. I am on my fourth pregnancy and have Tara to thank for my bikini bod, just months after giving birth. But - don't just buy the dvd and look at it...you've got to put in 100% effort and I promise you'll get great results. For me, that meant a happy pregnancy, a peaceful birth and a body that was strong and ready for Motherhood.

Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD]
Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee [DVD] by Mary Attwood (DVD - 2008)
Used & New from: 25.00