Format: DVD|Change

on 26 March 2008
Wasn't lucky enough to see the guys in person, but this dvd is the next best thing. I loved the extras too, nice to see them commenting on the show, and judging by the humour, they don't take themselves too seriously.
The award they won for best live act at the Brits was well deserved.
on 7 March 2008
This is definitely the most amazing live DVD ever...performances are super, the show has no precedents, the emocion, the dancing, the lights, the images, is absolutely INCREDIBLE. And you if you a Take That fan, this is a MUST. The lads do give everything on stage, they leave with nothing else to give, the performances show sooo much passion, it really is a pleasure to watch it. The DVD with the extras is SUPER! especially if you happen to be a Take That fun, there's lots of humor there and you can see how the tour was planned from scratch. There is also a band commentary about the DVD where they are their own cristics, its fascinating!
on 8 March 2008
what an amazing d.v.d the best by far you have made im going to hold a take that nite for all friends to come and watch it all i can say is wow,absolutly amazing, A++++++++++++ from Becky manchester gary your one in a million thanks for the great songs that you write and produce.
on 27 February 2008
I review DVDs for a magazine, so it was no surprise when TT's new DVD landed on my desk to review.

I knew it would be good - I had caught the live show, and Take That are massive, so of course it would do well. But I wanted something more for my cash, so could this double disc DVD deliver?

It goes without saying that watching this brought back the magic of one of the most brilliant music shows I have ever seen. The concert itself (Disc One) is amazing. But Disc Two - the extras DVD, is phenomenal. Packed with a documentary following the lads on tour, a photo gallery and even a band commentary accompanying the show - this has to be the ultimate in extras.

See the boys strip down to nothing but their pants for an ice bath after the show, check out how Howard faced up to his punctured lung and watch in awe as Mark holds his little son Elwood's hands helps him walk.

It's a brilliant insight into what goes into the boys' tours and you won't end the DVD feeling like you've missed out on anything - 5 stars without a doubt!
on 11 March 2008
I'm not an old Take That fan. Being in my 50s my boy band was the Beatles! That just means I've seen a lot of rock-pop over the years and can appreciate a top act when I see one. This concert is just great theatre by anyone's standards.
Their material is also maturing and they are recreating themselves in an enduring way. They are doing 'professional naturally sexy and talented individual men' rather than 'boys' now. Gone (almost) are the old cutesy gestures that to my mind look a bit odd on guys of this age (unless you are trying to recreate nostalgia for old fans). I have heard 'Could it be magic' in many incarnations but this version is the ultimate version. This is not only because of the Cirque de Soleil type treatment visually but because it is sung with such feeling (which I dont think this group has even put into it before). So often when performers go for the big show look they do it with plastered theatrical smiles. What Take That offers instead is the poignant and powerful emotionality put into this and all numbers and I see this ultimately as their big strength. Should they get beyond their dancing days this is what should give them longevity as performers. I like the way they are using the group more individually rather than sticking to the boy band formula. There is a lot of individual talent among them and it shows them more as talented in their own individual right beyond any manufacturing.
I have even now bought the CD this concert showcases - and they sing even better in the show. 'I'd wait for life' is a new favorite after the show -such feeling!
I can't say I did relate to the pole dancing thing as another reviewer. These guys are naturally sexy and dont need this contrived stuff. They also move their largely female audiences with their ability to hit and convey deep and personal emotion. This is beyond cheap sex and I'm not sure whether this is really their fan's fantasy - and I could do without the fire item-I feel nervous about the potential. However these are small quibbles.
There must be a comment on the filming too. This should be compulsory viewing for those shooting concerts for DVD. There is a lot of variety with shots chosen that pick the moods and emotional moments. The colour, lighting, staging and set design etc are also truly state of the art: interesting and magic (with one intriguing surrealist coordinating of the real with a projection -you'll have to see it- and the wonderful show-stopping 'Shine' number.
What more can I say than a loud applause and if you havent been into this lot before they are well worth the journey.
on 25 February 2008
Well, the sound engineers must have read my critisisms of Take That's previous live DVD because this one is nothing short of perfect. The professionalism, talent and incredibly high performance standards of these guys 'Shines' through every song. I have just sat mesmorised for two hours with an inane grin on my face throughout the whole show and have lost count of the number of times I had 'whole body' goosebumps. If anyone was wondering why TT won the best live act Brit award, buy this DVD and find out - you will NOT regret it. Now on to the special features.......
on 5 March 2008
What a Mothers Day surprise! I went to the O2 to see the boys and this DVD is as close to the real thing as it gets. All the emotion, fun, excitement and OH MY GOD factor that we need! I got a tingle of adrenalin as the DVD opened, and the suspense of waiting for them to pop up out of their podiums....!
One of my highlights was watching the exclusive 'on the road' documentary,seeing just how much goes into putting on a show of this scale. and that everything I had felt about it being the most amazing show on earth - more than a concert it was a spectacular theatrical event - was all fully intended and definitely came across.
If you were lucky enough to go you HAVE to buy this it will instantly transport you back to that most excellent of evenings.( and make you feel old and make you laugh again as you sing along to absolutely EVERYTHING including all the old stuff...!)
If you were not lucky enough? GET THIS DVD - it feels just like being there, and you CANNOT miss out on that pole dancing....
on 26 February 2008
I saw them on tour twice - once in manchester and once at the O2 and I would still see them over and over again!

This Dvd is great, it allows the boys to talk us through each song and their thinkings behind it and how the show was made. Each guy had a different take on the production and it was really interesting to see what was put into it.

The backstage part; following them around while on tour was also a bonus -From the boys, to the dancers, musicians, production & even the chef! We really see the 4 of them as friends rather than bandmates.

I am praying that they will tour again, I absolutley adore them, but for now this Dvd helps bring back all those great memories.

Buy this Dvd if you saw the tour or not, its worth watching, especially on a rainy day it cheers you up and gets you dancing!
on 18 February 2008
I have been to many concerts and was lucky enough to get tickets for the Beautiful World tour and can honestly say it is the best concert I have ever seen! I defy anyone not to enjoy this dvd regardless of wether they are a fan or not. The set designs, lap dancing, pole dancing, visual displays and awesome backing singers and dancers make this a visual and audio treat for anyone who appreciates good music. My favourite was the amazing optical illusions with the screen for Never Forget. Beleive me, I will Never Forget this experience and short of giving birth to my children it was the most amazing day of my live. This DVD will keep the memory alive forever - go out and buy it, you'd be MAD not to.
on 29 February 2008
This DVD captures the essence of the concert,fantastic full on perfect entertainment. The filming of the concert was excellent, almost as good as being there (but not quite)
The journey and commentary dvd is a brilliant insight into the group, and being on the road. Love the off the cuff remarks, the total uncut life on the road. How many other stars do you see in ice baths, in hospital gowns, eating meals, getting out of the showers, and also being able to poke fun at themselves....this is a dvd not to be missed. Even if you are not a TT fan YOU WILL FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE.....BUY IT TODAY