on 15 June 2010
Headphones on flights are still charged for on whole and for just over £1 you get to use your own headphones and listen to onboeard entertainment in stereo.

While you can plug an exisiting 3.5mm plug into one of the 2 sockets you'll only get a pretty unsatisfying mono.

The plug does have to be pushed in hard and having bought 5 one of them broke on the flight.

Won't complain for the price though & still glad I bought.
on 1 August 2008
No more putting up with cheap earphones whilst trying to enjoy the latest film in-flight! For such a great price, this is an item essential to all film/TV/music lovers hand luggage. Using your own earphones without this adaptor results in an annoying monotone/one-eared sound. This provides stereo sound from both of your earphones.
on 23 December 2010
I've used this on several intercontinental/overnight flights now and it has worked wonders for my movie watching/music listening on the plane: I now use my own Sennheiser earphones rather than the awful airways' earphones. My wife has independently bought this for herself after testing mine on a recent flight (she wasn't sure she'd need it initially, but changed her mind after using it to watch a movie).

The only thing that occasionally frustrates me (as a biggish - 6'2" guy) is that if my thigh knocks against the adapter, then it may interfere with the sound quality. This has been the case with the airlines' headphones before though, so the situation hasn't worsened and I suspect it's more to do with the poor quality of the airlines' seat plug than the adapter itself.

The adapter also arrived very promptly. As with another reviewer I order it one day and it arrived the next even though I selected 'super saver' delivery. I was pleasantly surprised.
on 6 March 2011
Its a really great piece for kit in terms of practicality and cost. You dont see these items in shop shelves so if you travel alot, having one in your travel bag is really well worth it. I get annoyed by the sound quality you get from using the aircraft provided headphone so buy this and you can use your own neat headphone.

Downside is it can be fragile when plugging into the aircraft socket, so dont be too rough on the small kit. Apart from that its worth it!
on 7 February 2012
the product is fine but it was not made clear that this item would be shiopped from Hong Kong, and it took over a month to arrive.
on 20 July 2011
I bumped into mine by accident on the plane, and it shattered into a dozen pieces. Just feeling it you can tell that it is not strongly built. I didn't even bump into it that hard.

The sound is surprisingly decent for the price.
If I were you I would buy two, incase one breaks.

Lance
on 20 July 2009
Those cheap airline disposables which slip off your head will never annoy me again. This inexpensive adapter means you can use your own headphones on the plane. Just stick this in where you normally plug in the airline headphones and then your own headphones into the socket. It works. It is light. Every flier should have one.
on 20 August 2011
What a bargain @ 71p. Has the saying goes you get what you paid for. Having misplaced my original adaptor, at the last minute prior to flying l brought 3 sets. My son was over the moon on finding this in his flight bag. My only problem was mine was not allowing me to listen to both my ear phones, but l did mamange ok. Well done for Amazon for finding this product
on 30 March 2010
Ordered PM one day, arrived by lunch time the next day - excellent delivery. The adaptor allowed me to use my quality headphones, instead of the poor airline offerings,without having to fiddle and hold the single jack into only one of the channel sockets. Result was a much improved in flight entertainment.
on 2 November 2011
After I bought this product I discovered that not all airplanes use the same headphone interface. I'm sure it works just fine if it fits but so far I haven't been able to use it. The title should not sound like it applies to all airplanes.