on 9 May 2009
As a keen gardener, this dibber was recieved greatly as a gift from my dear wife. The wood is of a high calibur and doesn't soak up moisture easily, it won't go rotten any time soon. The bulbus end is a joy to grip as I plant my seeds for the spring harvest.
on 5 September 2011
I like this. It has little measures on in so you know how far you are going into the ground. Handy for bulbs. A bit more difficult though than say metal when the ground is hard.
As a keen horticulturalist, for many years I have been growing my own produce in the garden. Strangely enough, although my wife had never previously shown any real interest in helping me out, since I picked up a wooden dibber she has become fascinated by the notion of joining in. In fact, yesterday I caught her coming out of the shed with an awfully peculiar smile on her face- at no less an hour than 2 am! Still, since she retired, Doreen has had plenty of free time to kill. It's great to see that she has found something with which to plug the gaping great hole within her existence. I'm not sure how long her fondness for rummaging around in the undergrowth with a dibber will last, however, as she does have a tendency to lose interest in things- once she has had her fill. What with my sciatica, I'm hoping to persuade my wife to use it to start opening things up round the back for me- so I can get on with the process of planting my seeds in the dirt. Let's just hope that she doesn't stretch herself too far and end up packing it all in!
33 comments15 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2012
This does what it says on the tin. It is a bit larger than I was expecting but actually in hindsight that is quite useful.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse