4.0 out of 5 stars Rare

Published on 18 Feb 2009 by A. hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Rare, 26 April 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hard to be a God (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I'm not one for reviews usually but for me, I thought this deserved a mention in the hopes that you would go and buy it if you really are a fan of decent RPG's. For me, this one has all the elements involved. Firstly, it has a pristine and wonderfully created selection of 3d environments for you to wonder around in and secondly, the gameplay is not all about clicking madly to constintly kill of the bad guys just to move on in the game. You are able to solve problems by other means too. Wikipedia is the best place for information on this so; The game is set immediately after the events in the book
([...] and so can be considered a sequel to the book. The player takes the role of a rookie imperial intelligence officer, straight out of the intelligence academy. The first mission is to investigate the disappearance of don Rumata, and all the ramifications of his disappearance. It quickly becomes clear why an inexperienced rookie agent was chosen for such a complex mission: since the player character is young and inexperienced, their higher-ups are hoping that they fail so that entire incident can be swept under the rug. The player eventually discovers the truth, and begins to use the advanced weaponry of Earth offered during the mission. Thus the game allows the use of weapons of a space-faring race on a medieval world.

So, set after the book, do you know whats going off? yes, the game sets up its history too in a easy to understand way and so, dont pass up the offer of a rare item based on a interesting book that coveres even more interesting a subject often discussed in certain culture and circles. Otherwise, like me just grab it because it looks and plays brilliantly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Biff bang, do quest, level up, yawn, 18 Feb 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hard to be a God (PC DVD) (Video Game)
Yeah it's playable, yep it looks a bit Baldur's gate, but it's really quite tedious in the long run. The characters are hammy, and you get tired of certain characters popping up out of nowhere when you complete a task. I got tired of the 'go talk to cabbage man', get quest complete quest, talk to Hog brain, gameplay. I have since lost the cd, oh horror, and am not even interested in finding it.
Get never winter nights 2 or baldurs gate instead if you like this sort of thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Anyone got it to work?, 21 Jan 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hard to be a God (PC DVD) (Video Game)
I couldn't get this working on my family computer, I wasn't shocked as it's not the greatest you'll see, but it did meet the recommended spec. I very recently bought a computer built for gaming, a very impressive machine that will play every game I try comfortably, and still this game would not work. The game itself looks pretty good and my one star is purely because I haven't played it. If anyone has got it working easily and disagrees with my comments, please feel free to e-mail me and help me out.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST EVER!!!, 9 Jun 2009
R. briggs (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hard to be a God (PC DVD) (Video Game)
LIKE BALDURS GATE!, GET THIS AWESOME , VERY PLAYABLE, EXCELLENT GRAPHICS, I THOUGHT WAS BETTER THAN BALDURS GATE.

Hard to be a God (PC DVD)
Hard to be a God (PC DVD) by Ascaron (Windows XP)
10.50