5.0 out of 5 stars Historic

1.0 out of 5 stars Get you FACTS straight Amazon, UK
Published on 15 Sept. 2008 by Purple Shopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Historic, 4 Sept. 2009
Braw Loon (Bonny Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this in vinyl second hand from One up in 1983 its been one of those classic albums that can be played when everything else isn't hitting the spot. I do generally prefer music less produced and rawer which is maybe why these songs sound so much better than the studio versions, they just come alive much more as they are being played in front of an audience. REO became a factury of power ballads, for good or bad, but like ZZ Top their pre platinum album work is more authentic. They are a very positive band and great to see live, they still tour, with their latter day greatest hits, with the odd oldie thrown in but that is where the heart of REO lies I reckon.
Guitar and keyboard/organ based, melodic and heart-felt songs, for the most part, never quite thought that the Flying Turkey Trot sounded all that great outwith the live experience but that aside all the songs here are great, including a powerful anti-racist song. There must be more than a hint of folk in all this.
For me this album is a rock treasure that will sadly probably never be recognised as the classic it is imho - but that doesn't mean you don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Live: You Get What You Play for (Audio CD)
item as described and a very good performance live of one of the group of AOR from the 70's

1.0 out of 5 stars Get you FACTS straight Amazon, UK, 15 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Live: You Get What You Play for (Audio CD)
After an exhaustive search for an original copy of this CD. I came across amazon. uk and it stated it had the original track listing, that Kevin Cronin has tried to erase from history. I looked and ideed it was so I paid nearly $30 bucks for a CD that I could get at Walmart for $9.99. Today it arrived and it is the same CD that I can get at Walmart. Thanks Amazon.UK for doing your homework and getting the facts right....NEVER AGAIN!

Live: You Get What You Play for
Live: You Get What You Play for by REO Speedwagon (Audio CD - 2008)