4.0 out of 5 stars Topo's maps are good if you don't expect too much.
Having studied a lot of complaints about not enough detail, and checked out an example on Mapsource site, I bought this knowing what to expect.
It is not a replacement for a detailed map, but does give a lot more information than offroad on my satnav, (mostly blank).
Published on 20 Jun 2009 by Mr. T. Durston

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do I still buy Garmin Rubbish?
Published 16 months ago by Mr. I. Roberts

4.0 out of 5 stars Topo's maps are good if you don't expect too much., 20 Jun 2009
This review is from: Garmin TOPO Great Britain, Northern England & the Midlands MAPS on micro SD (Electronics)
I use it for geocaching on my Garmin 250w and so get a colour picture of water (lakes and streams), contour lines and some paths. Without it had just a blue line from my start point to target, and a second from my current position to target - rather boring.
Don't buy it if you want to find paths, but it does give some help towards the best way to go. Would have liked it to have shown type of terrain, but unfortunately not.
I keep the card in my satnav and switch from one map to the other. Only problem is to remember to switch between motorist and pedestrian and also to off road and possibly amount of map detail.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why do I still buy Garmin Rubbish?, 24 April 2013
After recovering from my Garmin Edge 800 failing last year, which Amazon were great replacing while Garmin didn't want to know, I have once again fallen for the trap. I bought a Garmin TOPO Great Britain map! While this can be seen on my device, I cannot use BaseCamp (yes, that fantastic piece of worthless software pretending to be anything more than bad) to plan new routes on. BaseCamp refuses to acknowledge that the TOPO map actually exists!!!

So, 70 less in my pocket and I have a worthless SD Micro Card that may as well be put where it belongs - IN THE BIN.

I vow I will never ever buy anything from Garmin again - not only are the products extremely poor but the Garmin customer service is non-existent. There is NO customer service.

I'm not too upset with Garmin, they are making a fortune out of "mugs" such as me, I'm annoyed with myself for once again buying from this pitiful company.

3.0 out of 5 stars GARMIN TOPO MAPS G.B.ON MICRO SD, 7 Aug 2010
AS SOMEONE WHO ENJOYS NAVIGATING USING PAPER MAPS WITH THEIR FINE DETAIL I FOUND THE TOPO MAPS VERY BASIC IN COMPARISON. HOWEVER, HAVING GIVEN THEM A NUMBER OF OUTINGS I FIND THAT THE RELATIVELY UNCLUTTERED TOPO MAPS ARE A VERY USEFUL COMPANION TO THE PAPER MAPS AND I`M NOW ENJOYING USING THEM.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product if a little overpriced., 7 July 2013
If you are suddenly in a strange city and want to know the nearest pub, club or post office handheld GPS with this kind of plug-in card is a real plus. It adds the detail which the original device doesn't include and therefore you could say it is almost an essential. Unless all you are interested in is basic breadcrumb trails and basic info.

Like all products the real world sometimes changes and I wouldn't let it make life and death decisions for you. Bridges being unavailable can play havoc with walking in the North of England. Equally detail may be plain wrong. Cycle tracks and rights-of-way are also hit and miss. More right than wrong though.

In the city it works very well and even allows you to take short cuts in places you haven't been before.

The point away is based on price, because it is still overpriced for what it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin maps, 2 July 2010
Garmin TOPO Great Britain Southern England & Wales Map (microSD/SD Card)

Excellent service from seller. Ideal replacement for base maps on Garmin edge GPS. Very resonable price as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin TOPO N. England & Midlands Maps, 20 Oct 2010
This product was delivered quickly but unfortunately did not work in my Garmin GPS 60Cx. The seller made a full refund equally quickly.