on 16 June 2010
The steel teeth that come out when you press the yellow buttons don't stick out far enough and therefore barely reach the shell which means that the shell is barely cracked and you still have to use a knife to finish breaking the shell and remove the top, which defeats the purpose of the item. The search for a working egg topper goes on...
on 4 October 2010
Already had a very cheap Chinese-made metal egg topper with loose blades so pretty messy. Bought one of these Faringdon's thinking that the quality would be better. Sadly not! Back to using the cheapo topper as this one is useless! The blades do not protract enough to get a good 'bite' on the egg.
on 31 December 2011
I have a passion for boiled eggs and I am always burning my finger tips trying to get the shell off - this was bought for me as a Christmas present - sadly this is now relegated to the dark-depths of the cutlery drawer as it doesn't work... the teeth just don't extend far enough to get any kind of purchase on the egg, it just slides off... a real shame :(
on 13 February 2013
After boiling a standard sized egg and using this product to 'top' my egg the blades only scraped the surface of the egg, I did rotate the cutter and only ended up with particles of shell all over my egg and still had to use a knife to remove the top of my egg. I was really disappointed in this product and am looking to return it for a refund, had I of been happy I was going to order at least three more for Easter presents.
on 29 March 2013
Rubbish waste of money and waste of space in the kitchen drawer. Yet to find an egg topper worth buying
on 15 July 2014
I bought two of these. They just don't work. I just exerted a little bit of pressure, the topper collapsed into the egg, and I ended up with a scalded hand. Rubbish and dangerous. I will be returning the two egg toppers to the seller.
on 5 December 2010
The topper is well made and would function well, perhaps, on pullets eggs, but for a normal size egg it is too small in diameter and slides off the egg before it cuts. I ended with some very tattered eggs until I surrendered!
on 3 March 2010
If you enjoy boiled eggs and toast soldiers but, you're sick of burning your fingers and chomping on broken egg shells, this is for you. All it takes, is a little bit of pressure down on the egg and simple push in the blades, twist it round and, the perfect boiled egg.
on 1 June 2013
Useless piece of plastic that does not even scratch the surface of a boiled egg! Complete and utter waste of money. You'd be better off trying to "top" an egg with a £5 note!
on 5 May 2014
Do you have Toppers with larger orifices?

Otherwise OK but two sides of Topper do not always appear to come out to cut the shell