5.0 out of 5 stars efficient cutter
Mine broke within 15 minutes of starting to use it. However, when I sent it to Wahl, they promptly repaired it and sent it back with no quibbling.

Published on 5 Sep 2009 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
gets hot and vibrates
Published 5 months ago by LEMMY BWALYA

5.0 out of 5 stars efficient cutter, 5 Sep 2009
Andy (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set

It cuts really nicely. I think that my principal barber (wife) might prefer a slightly lighter one with less vibration. I think the weight indicates how robust it is and the vibration indicates the strength of the cutting action.

I chose this because most my last set of clippers (Philips) had batteries in than stopped working. I did not want to get stuck again with clippers that are fine mechanically, but stop working because of old batteries. I could not find a battery powered one where the manufacturer had even published the type of battery they had used, so I had to assume cheap and rubbish Ni-Cad. So, I went for these mains-only clippers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wahl Academy Collection .A cut above, 19 Oct 2010
Alexander D. Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
Beard, hair and eyebrows, does the lot at a fraction of the cost if your into DIY. Pays for itself in a matter of a few months. solid build looks like it will last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality!, 16 Oct 2010
Mr. C. G. Manning "ColtColin" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
Been using these clippers afew months now and they are great. I've been cutting my own hair for about 8 years now. once a week every week. Used alot of cheap battery powered ones in the past which fade and die after a few months. These how ever just keep going. Very powerful, easily cut through my thick hair with no hassle. Very robust feel which is great, no need to worry about them breaking if dropped.

Have not used any attachments, so I cant say how good they are. But with the guard off these are fantastic! :D Would highly recommened to anyone, don't be put off by a higher then average price it will easily pay for itself in a matter of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
Been using this for over a year now and had no problems. Great piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
After wasting endless pounds on hopeless shavers I've finally found one that does the job. Cuts through the most unruly of hair. The men in my house are very happy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Jun 2014
gets hot and vibrates

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
This really is a great piece of kit - after asking a hairdresser for advice on the best make we purchased this and haven't looked back. Living overseas in countries that just don't have hairdressers that know how to deal with European hair or with hairdressers you don't want to risk using this has paid for itself many times over. The cable is long and it comes with a selection of the plastic clip on guides. Make sure you buy the Wahl oil as well because its a good idea to get in the habit of popping a few drops onto the blade after each use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulky, heavy leave it the barbers, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
I bought these clippers in essence; to attempt to cut my own hair. As from the rating it might be clear I was not successful with my attempt! and thought I would add a few more pointers about the clipper. The clipper is a bulky and heavy device, I found it very difficult to self navigate with the added difficulty of it being connected to the mains at all time. In addition to this the steel blades present are are prone to rusting if not looked after continuously and oiled. In terms of cutting it was very powerful and did not clog up hence in that aspect the clipper performed quite well however in my opinion I believe there are other alternatives present in the market which require less dexterity and more ergonomical for self use then this clipper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibration is not a problem, 14 May 2013
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
All clippers will vibrate and especially the heavy duty professional ones as this one is. They have a nice heavy feel and should last for many many years. Like all Wahl clippers they need oiling at every use so it's worth buying a large bottle of oil at the same time. I'm very pleased with these and recommend them

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 19 Jan 2013
Paul Ellis (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wahl Academy Collection Professional Hair Clipper Set
Feels like a quality product and cuts quite well but not for the faint hearted. It's very heavy and vibrates harder than anything sold by Ann summers!