4.6 out of 5 stars3,610
Size: 200 ml|Change

on 15 May 2010
I bought bio-oil after hearing that it can fade stretch marks and was pleasently surprised by the results. On the bottle it says 'use for a minimum of 3 months' however after a few weeks i can see a vast improvement already. it also smells great and soaks in well. Bio-oil is good value for money and definately worth a try.
on 9 July 2014
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.
11 comment|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2016
There is no doubt that Bio Oil is a very popular product and for good reason. My wife applied it during three pregnancies and has absolutely no stretch marks whatsoever. Of course, some women do not get stretch marks so there is no conclusive proof that it was due to the Bio Oil.

Bio Oil is nice to apply. I say this because I have been applying it to my bald head for a few years and my forehead and around my eyes. It does improve skin tone and heals up cuts and scars nicely. It also works really well on dry skin. However, be wary of applying it to broken/irritated skin... it's probably not the best thing to use as a balm after shaving for instance! Do not apply it before going out in the sun either unless you want to be fried!

Having said all of that, here's the thing about Bio Oil. It is a petroleum based oil, not a natural oil - which might pose a problem for some, particularly regarding sustainability. So I am experimenting with more natural oils - mostly with Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - which is plant based (I know Petroleum is strictly speaking) and certainly less greasy than Bio Oil and the coconut oil smells lovely too! I will review the coconut oil once I have tried it for a few months and can more accurately compare and contrast, but it is a cheaper alternative to Bio Oil.

I am not entirely convinced by the "breakthrough ingredient" in Bio Oil - Porcelain oil... the sceptic in me wants to question it a little and see some studies showing what it actually does and where it comes from... it's trade marked to Bio Oil so that raises some questions in my mind.

Anyway, on the whole, I do like Bio Oil and think that it does produce noticeable results when used consistently - twice a day for 3 months, but do read the ingredients list carefully and make sure you are happy putting it on your skin before you part with your money.
on 8 June 2009
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)
on 6 March 2015
I bought it few months ago because of the price. I've used it for serval months with no result. So, I searched 'fake bio oil' on the Internet and realised that this is the FAKE one. Feeling disappointed :(
on 3 February 2013
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars
on 4 May 2016
Gorgeous oil - been using for three months now and scars have visibly reduced and the stretch marks are disappearing before my eyes! Would recommend
on 13 December 2013
It's cheap, u assume ur getting a great deal.....but the oil seems to be different,,, it's a paler colour and texture is much runnier.... If u buy oil from boots or any other shop the colour is darker and much thicker

I feel this is a copy not the real deal

Will not buy again
on 25 May 2011
I have purchased bio oil in the past & used it but not every day so didnt really see any results, since buying the 200ml bottle i have used it everyday or night & i am seeing results even after a few weeks. I bought this as i felt my skin tone was uneven & dry & was making me look older, im only 38 but have dry & sundamaged skin. My skin tone has become more even & looks moist with a nice sheen so feels a little bit younger already. Definately worth a try & the price is amazing half price compared to the high street. once applied to moist skin after a shower leave to soak in for a few minutes then seal it with vaseline to keep in the moisture really works if your skin needs a moisture boost.
on 23 March 2013
This feels quite nice on the skin, but I personally have not seen any difference in my scars or marks when using this. It certainly does not go well on my face and just causes spots. I am now just using it up by putting it in my bathwater, which feels quite nice.