2,495 Reviews
 (1,870)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on stretch marks, I use other products with it for great skin care
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at...
Published 5 months ago by Luca Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Works for some but not for me.
I first heard of a Bio oil when I noticed I had strech marks on the side of my thighs and on my upper thighs and hip area, I had no idea why they popped up as I have had no weight issues or anything so I have assumed my skin is just prone to them.

I found Bio oil while browsing online but wasn't sure because the price was quite a lot even for the smallest...
Published 3 months ago by kath200

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a miracle but a great help!, 19 July 2008
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I saw it advertised on TV and thought I would give it a try, I have been using it for 6 months now.

It is not a miracle (and does not claim to be so) but it does improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks as it does claim, mine have faded slightly. However the best result surprised me. I have dermatitis, very sensitive (and prone to spots) skin and also odd spots of hyper-pigmentation. I use it on my face and it lessens the redness, clears up my dry skin and intensively moisturises the sore flaky patches more than my previous speciality product did (a vitamin E cream).

It does say on the leaflet that is leaves a protective barrier on the skin which is what the previous reviews mentioned. Put too much on and it does sit on the surface on the skin but if applied after a hot bath or shower, a couple of drops easily does the whole face and neck and massage in (instructions on how to massage face on leaflet included) it spreads even with no greasiness just a slight lubricated feel as previously mentioned.

It is my only facial moisturiser these days (bar an extra specialist cream for just on my darker pigmentation marks), takes care off the lighter marks and my skin looks much better plus I love the scent.

What suits one though does not suit another so I recommend a small bottle to start with and if you do not like it for face and body, it makes an excellent night time hand and nail treatment (with gloves if you feel it's too oily).

Top marks from me and my humble opinion and experience.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 26 Nov 2013
Mrs. Angela M. Patrick "Kentish maid" (kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This was very cheap at £8.99 so I should have questioned that. It was a different colour, texture and smell although the packaging was normal. I bought some from Boots to make the comparison and it was definitely different.

5.0 out of 5 stars BIO OIL, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars

4.0 out of 5 stars helps w/ stretch marks, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I've been applying this oil to my belly which are full of stretch marks thanks to my last pregnancy. I've only been using it for two weeks but my hubby noticed last night that the marks were less visible and so did I! I think the color tone is what is changing and helping most. Not sure if this is the best for using on the face for wrinkles and fine lines though.

I've used retinol cream for this in the past Retinol Cream (Vitamin A) - 2 oz. + FREE St. Ives Renewing Collagen Elastin Advanced Body Moisturizer Gift Set and I began seeing a difference in days. I used the oil for over a week but stopped because it was causing some breakouts along my chin line. Not a big deal, still like the product and would recommendation for anyone with stretch marks to use right away.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 10 May 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
My sister introduced me to Bio-Oil when she gave me a bottle at Christmas.

I always give claims on health and beauty products a healthy dose of scepticism, but I decided to try the peach coloured liquid a try. Well it could hurt to try it.

It is interesting to note that it claims to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Unlike many such skin treatments it does not claim to make the scars or skin damage disappear.

Always check for an allergic reaction by applying a small amount to an area of hidden skin for a couple of days to ensure that you don't have a reaction. After all you don't want to apply it to your face and neck and end up looking like you have the lead role in the local AmDram production of the The Hunchback of Notre Dame or the Elephant Man.

I don't find the smell of the oil to be unpleasant, in fact the smell reminds me of Dove soap, but it is probably a coincidence. It recommends that you apply the oil twice a day for at least 3 months before assessing the effects.

I have found that you only need a small amount of oil as it goes a long way. You apply the oil by using a circular motion of the finger tips.

It is incredibly tempting to look at the small amount (a drop or 2) and think it'll never cover the area, but please don't use more than a spot or two at a time, the massaging will spread it. You can always add another drop of the Bio-oil if you need it, but if you dispense too much you will be left with an oily residue because the skin can only absorb a limited amount of emolument, and the excess is just being pushed about.

I have to wonder if the effect it has is due to the massage and the encouragement of blood flow, rather than the oil itself.

I will say that the oil makes your skin lovely and smooth. The dry skin on my elbows now feels silky and soft rather than dry and rough.

I also have some scars from surgeries, and these are (sorry, were) thick, solid and noticeable - the thick scar on my neck was very noticeable and I was self-conscious because of it. The scar is softer and is starting to move to my normal flesh colour rather than the deep red that it was.

I noticed that the list of ingredients on Amazon doesn't actually include all the ingredients. So for anyone who might have a specific allergy the ingredients are (as listed on the inner leaflet):

* paraffinum liquidum
* trisononanoin
* cetearyl ethylhexanoate
* isopropyl myristate
* retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
* tocophyeryl acetate (vitamin E)
* anthemis nobilis oil (chamomile oil)
* lavendula augustifolia oil (lavender oil)
* rosmarinus officinalis oil (rosemary oil)
* calendula officinalis extract (calendula oil)
* helianthus annuus seed oil
* glycine soja oil
* limonene
* linalool
* alpha-isomethyl ionone
* CI 26100

For something named "Bio-Oil" I was expecting something a little more natural, but it only claims no preservatives. I'm not a chemist so I cannot be sure of that claim.

My skin is softer and smoother, and there appears to be some improvement in the scar tissue - it does feel softer and less thick. Once again, whether this is due to the oil or to the massage or both I cannot say.

One social benefit of the oil massage is that if you can get your significant other to perform the massage it can be very nice.

If you don't have a problem with the chemical content and want something which works (regardless of whether it's the oil or the massage or both) then I can recommend Bio-Oil for your consideration.

1.0 out of 5 stars More like water!! Is this a Fake?????, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I have been buying Bio Oil for many years. This has no consistency what so ever of oil, it is like water.
I do not feel this is an original product. I will see if i can have it tested. Do not buy this one. but bio oil is great stuff, you will see the oil on the inside of the bottle ...like a good botte of wine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product Fair Price, 27 Nov 2011
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This is not a magic oil and does not remove old scars and completely transform ones skin, however, it does a satisfactory job, smells very nice and feels lovely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 May 2013
Mr. David E. Rhodes "laughter" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I don't particularly like the smell of this product but have got used to it. It does seem to help the age spots making them fade away. My skin also feels better for using. Good price from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Price, 2 Mar 2010
Kauser Shah - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This products is really good value for money. Where ever I've seen this quantity, it has been much more in price than on Amazon. I definitely recommend anyone who likes to use this product, to buy it in bulk at Amazon, you won't find a better deal! This product is not just for scars or stretch marks, it is also a very nice moisturiser. You can even pour a little into your bath. It leaves your skin smelling very nice and lovely and soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't live without it, 20 May 2009
Mrs. Kathy Forbes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I have been using this product for a couple of years and as a mature woman with dehyrated skin and aging skin it moisturises and improves the texture of my skin. I use it on the whole body.

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml