2,062 Reviews
 (1,537)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio oil
I bought this to help with scarring on my leg. It has really helped, and I've only been using it 3 weeks. Also been using it on my face at night to help with my wrinkles. However that would require a miracle
Published 7 months ago by Jules

3.0 out of 5 stars unsure of producy
I have been using bio oil for the pass 2 months can't see any difference it make my stretch marks are still the same not too sure of this product as yet will continue use and see what happen.
Published 2 months ago by kay a

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio oil, 27 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about 8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.

3.0 out of 5 stars unsure of producy, 24 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 26 Jan 2013
very good! it works! (however do not forget to rub the oil with your hands first to make the oil warm and then pat it into your skin; because if you use it directly to your skin, your skin will become very greasy and the oil will not work. )

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Help, 27 April 2009
E. McIlloney (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I've been suing this product for dry skin and it's the first thing that's worked and kept on working for more than a few days. It's not a miracle cure but it does make a big difference.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 26 Nov 2013
Mrs. Angela M. Patrick "Kentish maid" (kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This was very cheap at 8.99 so I should have questioned that. It was a different colour, texture and smell although the packaging was normal. I bought some from Boots to make the comparison and it was definitely different.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 30 Mar 2013
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
My sister introduced me to Bio-Oil when she gave me a bottle at Christmas a couple of years ago.

I always give claims on health and beauty products a healthy dose of scepticism, but I decided to try the peach coloured liquid a try. Well it could hurt to try it.

It is interesting to note that it claims to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Unlike many such skin treatments it does not claim to make the scars or skin damage disappear.

Always check for an allergic reaction by applying a small amount to an area of hidden skin for a couple of days to ensure that you don't have a reaction. After all you don't want to apply it to your face and neck and end up looking like you have the lead role in the local AmDram production of the The Hunchback of Notre Dame or the Elephant Man.

I don't find the smell of the oil to be unpleasant, in fact the smell reminds me of Dove soap, but it is probably a coincidence. It recommends that you apply the oil twice a day for at least 3 months before assessing the effects.

I have found that you only need a small amount of oil as it goes a long way. You apply the oil by using a circular motion of the finger tips.

It is incredibly tempting to look at the small amount (a drop or 2) and think it'll never cover the area, but please don't use more than a spot or two at a time, the massaging will spread it. You can always add another drop of the Bio-oil if you need it, but if you dispense too much you will be left with an oily residue because the skin can only absorb a limited amount of emolument, and the excess is just being pushed about.

I have to wonder if the effect it has is due to the massage and the encouragement of blood flow, rather than the oil itself.

I will say that the oil makes your skin lovely and smooth. The dry skin on my elbows now feels silky and soft rather than dry and rough.

I also have some scars from surgeries, and these are (sorry, were) thick, solid and noticeable - the thick scar on my neck was very noticeable and I was self-conscious because of it. The scar is softer and is starting to move to my normal flesh colour rather than the deep red that it was.

I noticed that the list of ingredients on Amazon doesn't actually include all the ingredients. So for anyone who might have a specific allergy the ingredients are (as listed on the inner leaflet):

* paraffinum liquidum
* trisononanoin
* cetearyl ethylhexanoate
* isopropyl myristate
* retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
* tocophyeryl acetate (vitamin E)
* anthemis nobilis oil (chamomile oil)
* lavendula augustifolia oil (lavender oil)
* rosmarinus officinalis oil (rosemary oil)
* calendula officinalis extract (calendula oil)
* helianthus annuus seed oil
* glycine soja oil
* limonene
* linalool
* alpha-isomethyl ionone
* CI 26100

For something named "Bio-Oil" I was expecting something a little more natural, but it only claims no preservatives. I'm not a chemist so I cannot be sure of that claim.

My skin is softer and smoother, and there appears to be some improvement in the scar tissue - it does feel softer and less thick. Once again, whether this is due to the oil or to the massage or both I cannot say.

One social benefit of the oil massage is that if you can get your significant other to perform the massage it can be very nice.

If you don't have a problem with the chemical content and want something which works (regardless of whether it's the oil or the massage or both) then I can recommend Bio-Oil for your consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars can't live without it, 20 May 2009
Mrs. Kathy Forbes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I have been using this product for a couple of years and as a mature woman with dehyrated skin and aging skin it moisturises and improves the texture of my skin. I use it on the whole body.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product that works, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
It's absolutely done my skin wonders! Thank you to the seller so Ibwas able to purchase this product at such a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Jan 2013
Mr. Peter D. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I love this oil as it is such a great treat for the skin, especially after showering. It also helps to improve the look of scars and blemishes.

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml