2,968 Reviews
 (2,237)

Published 10 months ago by Luca Clark

1.0 out of 5 stars This is fake
This is fake please google fake bio oil before u think about purchasing this I've just bought one and guess what they don't do refunds!
It should have a NAFDAC code it doesn't.
The instructions are only printed in English they should be printed in English French and Portuguese.
Real ones should say they are distributed by godrej consumer products.
Published 1 month ago by Kelly Sharp

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on stretch marks, I use other products with it for great skin care, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 8 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about £8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio-oil should be in the Beauty Products Hall of Fame!, 14 May 2015
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
This is one of the greatest beauty products. It is not just for stretch marks and scars, but great for general improvement of your skin appearance. I used it for a few years as part of my pre-summer beauty routine (for about 2 months), when I want the skin on my whole body to look nicer overall. I can always notice visible difference and the skin feels softer and firmer.
I also occasionally use it on my face when I feel my skin needs extra hydration. I have combination skin that is prone to break outs and as most people with this problem was worried about using oil on my face, but I never had any spots appear as a result of using it.
My sister used the Bio oil religiously throughout both of her pregnancies and did not get stretch marks.
I can honestly recommend this oil to anyone. Go ahead, you will not regret it, worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 26 Jan. 2013
very good! it works! (however do not forget to rub the oil with your hands first to make the oil warm and then pat it into your skin; because if you use it directly to your skin, your skin will become very greasy and the oil will not work. )

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 May 2013
Mr. David E. Rhodes "laughter" (yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I don't particularly like the smell of this product but have got used to it. It does seem to help the age spots making them fade away. My skin also feels better for using. Good price from the seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a miracle but a great help!, 19 July 2008
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I saw it advertised on TV and thought I would give it a try, I have been using it for 6 months now.

It is not a miracle (and does not claim to be so) but it does improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks as it does claim, mine have faded slightly. However the best result surprised me. I have dermatitis, very sensitive (and prone to spots) skin and also odd spots of hyper-pigmentation. I use it on my face and it lessens the redness, clears up my dry skin and intensively moisturises the sore flaky patches more than my previous speciality product did (a vitamin E cream).

It does say on the leaflet that is leaves a protective barrier on the skin which is what the previous reviews mentioned. Put too much on and it does sit on the surface on the skin but if applied after a hot bath or shower, a couple of drops easily does the whole face and neck and massage in (instructions on how to massage face on leaflet included) it spreads even with no greasiness just a slight lubricated feel as previously mentioned.

It is my only facial moisturiser these days (bar an extra specialist cream for just on my darker pigmentation marks), takes care off the lighter marks and my skin looks much better plus I love the scent.

What suits one though does not suit another so I recommend a small bottle to start with and if you do not like it for face and body, it makes an excellent night time hand and nail treatment (with gloves if you feel it's too oily).

Top marks from me and my humble opinion and experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars How can you tell?, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I have been using this product on a scar resulting from an operation. The scar is healing very well and this could be attributable to the Bio-Oil - but how do you tell? If I'd had two similar operations on the same day and treated one but not the other then I could definitively say whether or not it works! All I can say is that my scar is healing well and I won't stop the treatment until I run out of the oil - it seems to be working as far as I can tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for pregnancy!, 4 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
A friend of mine recommended Bio Oil during pregnancy to avoid stretch marks, she swears by it! I have used it in the past and loved it and now have used it throughout my pregnancy. Not sure whether it's the Bio Oil 100% or not, but I certainly haven't got any stretch marks. It's really easy to apply, lovely after a bath or shower, very hydrating and considering it's an oil, not excessively greasy. Would definitely recommend it! Great price here and too!

5.0 out of 5 stars BIO OIL, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
Have used Bio Oil for years now,and it does what it says. gets rid of scaring very good for acne scars

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml