2,780 Reviews
 (2,093)

Published 8 months ago by Luca Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars ineffective
Published 8 days ago by JoMalvern

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on stretch marks, I use other products with it for great skin care, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I lost some weight recently and was shocked to find small stretch marks on my upper arms and neck. Didn't expect that to happen, it was only a little over a stone. I was really uncomfortable, and stopped going sleeveless or short sleeves which is ridiculous. My cousin handed me a bottle of this after getting tired of my complaints, and it really helps. I put it on at night after my shower, I think warm skin helps absorb oil better. Don't look for immediate results, it takes a couple of weeks before you notice a change, after a month, I was really happy and felt ok about wearing my sleeveless tops. The stretch marks aren't gone completely, but they are only slightly noticeable and I feel like now people see the weight loss and not the marks on my arms and neck. I highly recommend it for stretch marks.

A co-worker told me that she uses this as a moisturizer, so I tried it on my face and body. It's ok, I'm not going to do a dance about how perfect my skin is, but it helped and made me think about using oil for my skin care. I found this Bel Essence - (2oz) 100% All-Natural Organic Anti-Wrinkle Formula with Argan, Grapeseed and Sesame Oil - 2oz which works really well and it's great if you like 100% all natural oil products. I then found the cream Bel Essence - Intensive All-Natural Anti-Wrinkle Treatment. Reduce the Appearance of Facial Lines and Wrinkles Naturally - 1.5oz, and I since I'm used to a cream for skin care I use this. Love the oil too, but I'm a cream person. I think the cream absorbs a little faster, so I can use the cream in the morning and at night. I use the Bio-oil on my neck and arms, and the Bel Essence on everything - arms, neck, face, hands. The Bio Oil and Bel Essence work together beautifully. In addition to my stretch marks being even less noticeable, my skin stays soft and hydrated, and when a friend of mine asked me if I had some cosmetic work done, I ran to the mirror and saw that the fine lines on my forehead, eyes, upper lip and even my neck were gone. When someone at a business meeting commented how soft my hands were after shaking hands, I was sold. I've never had so many compliments. These two products together have made such a difference in my skin, and I feel great every time I go out - I know I look my best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, 8 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I must say this oil is brilliant!!!! Yes, it's oily but it is oil! It smells lovley and really does the job. I have used it on a burn scar and under my eyes. I tend to use the oil every morning after washing my face and then before I go to bed - if you use a bit it soaks into your skin and gives you a fresh glow :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 30 April 2009
Bio Oil was recommended to me by a relative who had several major surgeries in a short period and was using it to minimize scarring. She was so pleased with it and found it worked really well in this area. She had also been putting it on her face and had discovered it had an effect on her skin tone. I was sceptical but as I am unwilling to buy expensive creams etc. I thought I would listen to her and give it a go.

I am 60 and menopausal and as a result my skin is beginning to thin and to line a little. The colour is also becoming rather uneven and the combination of all these was making me look ( and feel) my age. It took a few weeks of consistant use, but I have found that my skin is so much softer to the touch. The colour has evened out considerably and the lines are definitely much less obvious. I know it has worked because I cannot tell you how many compliments I am receiving on an almost dailly basis from people looking at me quizzically and then asking me what I have been doing, as I appear to be getting younger. I was approached by a perfect stranger the other day in the supermarket, who asked me what type of make up I was wearing as I had a lovely glow - I wasn't wearing any and was able to direct her to the Bio Oil shelf!

Don't give up if you don't see a difference after only a couple of weeks; the smalll amount of effort it takes to apply it a couple of times a day (e.g. before your morning routine and after cleansing in the evening) for a couple of months will pay dividends you will be delighted with. When it becomes an automatic part of your dailly routine, you can sit back and enjoy the compliments.

I bought mine originally from the high street and then a much larger size(125ml)bottle from Amazon, as it was a lot cheaper than retail. It is about £8.00 from the shops for the smallest size, but even at that it lasts for absolutely ages, as only a tiny amount is needed each time.

Do yourself a favour and buy this product. It makes no ridiculous claims of making you 10 years younger in 5 minutes, or removing all the signs of ageing in one fell swoop, but it does actually do what it says on the packaging - and more. I am delighted by the results and will continue to use it dailly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio Oil, 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I was recommended this oil, and thought I would give it a go.
Recently I tripped and fell flat on my nose, my nose was split open and held by steri strips, I was told at the hospital it would badly scar, as soon as the scabs formed I religously started rubbing in Bio Oil, morning and evening. It is now 11 days since I fell, and the improvement in my nose is incredible. No-one can believe how quickly it's healed, and how little it has scarred.
I have been recommending this oil to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 26 Jan. 2013
very good! it works! (however do not forget to rub the oil with your hands first to make the oil warm and then pat it into your skin; because if you use it directly to your skin, your skin will become very greasy and the oil will not work. )

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Scars. Amazing For Anti-Ageing. Excellent For Dehydrated Skin., 5 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I have just started using my second bottle (200 ml) of Bio-Oil and the reason i bought it was because i wanted to reduce the appearance of the scars on my thighs from the surgery. I have also been using it as a body oil which is just fabulous. Since my skin can be very dry in winter especially my hands, normal hand creams just don't do an excellent job.

I am extremely happy with this Bio-Oil, it does help reducing the appearance of my scars, it also works perfectly on my whole body as a body oil. I just rub the oil all over my body from my ankles, legs, thighs, abdomen, buttock, chest, arms, hands, neck and even on my face with a gently massage! The oil is not greasy at all and the most important thing is it can be easily/quickly absorbed, so basically this oil can be used for everything! I think i would call it a "miracle oil" for sure.

And i have also noticed something which i haven't seen from the reviews at all. Basically my skin lost its elasticity from staying at the hospital, my legs and my breasts shown the worst. I use Bio-Oil everyday after my shower and it gives the firmness back to my skin. I just love everything about this oil including its pleasant scent.

I heard lots of the good thing about this product ages ago but I have just recently started using it, i wish i used this product earlier as it really gives my skin lots of benefit and it really does an amazing job. I shall be happy to continue using this product and will also recommend this product to my friends and anyone who has not tried it before.

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, 20 May 2012
Su (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
My sister introduced me to Bio-Oil when she gave me a bottle at Christmas.

I always give claims on health and beauty products a healthy dose of scepticism, but I decided to try the peach coloured liquid a try. Well it could hurt to try it.

It is interesting to note that it claims to help improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin. Unlike many such skin treatments it does not claim to make the scars or skin damage disappear.

Always check for an allergic reaction by applying a small amount to an area of hidden skin for a couple of days to ensure that you don't have a reaction. After all you don't want to apply it to your face and neck and end up looking like you have the lead role in the local AmDram production of the The Hunchback of Notre Dame or the Elephant Man.

I don't find the smell of the oil to be unpleasant, in fact the smell reminds me of Dove soap, but it is probably a coincidence. It recommends that you apply the oil twice a day for at least 3 months before assessing the effects.

I have found that you only need a small amount of oil as it goes a long way. You apply the oil by using a circular motion of the finger tips.

It is incredibly tempting to look at the small amount (a drop or 2) and think it'll never cover the area, but please don't use more than a spot or two at a time, the massaging will spread it. You can always add another drop of the Bio-oil if you need it, but if you dispense too much you will be left with an oily residue because the skin can only absorb a limited amount of emolument, and the excess is just being pushed about.

I have to wonder if the effect it has is due to the massage and the encouragement of blood flow, rather than the oil itself.

I will say that the oil makes your skin lovely and smooth. The dry skin on my elbows now feels silky and soft rather than dry and rough.

I also have some scars from surgeries, and these are (sorry, were) thick, solid and noticeable - the thick scar on my neck was very noticeable and I was self-conscious because of it. The scar is softer and is starting to move to my normal flesh colour rather than the deep red that it was.

I noticed that the list of ingredients on Amazon doesn't actually include all the ingredients. So for anyone who might have a specific allergy the ingredients are (as listed on the inner leaflet):

* paraffinum liquidum
* trisononanoin
* cetearyl ethylhexanoate
* isopropyl myristate
* retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
* tocophyeryl acetate (vitamin E)
* anthemis nobilis oil (chamomile oil)
* lavendula augustifolia oil (lavender oil)
* rosmarinus officinalis oil (rosemary oil)
* calendula officinalis extract (calendula oil)
* helianthus annuus seed oil
* glycine soja oil
* limonene
* linalool
* alpha-isomethyl ionone
* CI 26100

For something named "Bio-Oil" I was expecting something a little more natural, but it only claims no preservatives. I'm not a chemist so I cannot be sure of that claim.

My skin is softer and smoother, and there appears to be some improvement in the scar tissue - it does feel softer and less thick. Once again, whether this is due to the oil or to the massage or both I cannot say.

One social benefit of the oil massage is that if you can get your significant other to perform the massage it can be very nice.

If you don't have a problem with the chemical content and want something which works (regardless of whether it's the oil or the massage or both) then I can recommend Bio-Oil for your consideration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bio oil, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I bought this to help with scarring on my leg. It has really helped, and I've only been using it 3 weeks. Also been using it on my face at night to help with my wrinkles. However that would require a miracle

2.0 out of 5 stars ineffective, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
I don't understand the hype surrounding this product. I have been using this religiously on my face to help heal my acne scars and redness and although I haven't experienced any negative side effects, I haven't seen any differences in my skin. It basically is just scented baby oil... Anyways, I wouldn't use this on my face anymore nor expect any skincare miracles from it all... however, it does have a rather nice and long-lasting fragrance. I don't like to wear perfume, but prefer to wear scented body lotion or oil in lieu of perfume or cologne because I think it ends up being less overpowering. To sum up, I wouldn't recommend to someone who is trying to heal any scars but I did find that it made my skin look radiant under my makeup as a highlighter, and worked ok as a moisturising serum.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice oil but won't stop stretchmarks, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml (Personal Care)
We all know there is no miracle oil - but this is a nice oil to use to moisturise the skin but in no way will this prevent stretchmarks - I have been using it three times a day and still got the but it is nice and my skin is in nice condition.

Bio-Oil Specialist Skincare Oil - 200 ml