Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 April 2012
Not another compilation CD, I hear you say, of Opera's greatest arias,yet this is a really splendid compilation which appeals to the purist and non-specialist alike.Warner Classics has amassed some splendid recordings:Cristina Gallardo-Domas singing the aria "O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicci and still making it sound fresh,Dido's lament from Purcell's Dido and Aeneas in a memorable performance by Veronique Gens,Cecilia Bartoli's " Voi che sapete" from Figaro and Barbara Hendrick's "Si,mi chiamo Mimi" are both stunning.Add Thomas Hampson,Bryn Terfel,Placido Domingo and Carreras to the cast of performers and you have a double CD of extraordinary quality.
on 16 October 2011
More than pleased with this purchase. As a recent convert to classical music I recognised a good deal of the tracks on these discs and am enjoying those that I didn't. Highly reccomended.
on 3 November 2013
A great CD filled with the popular arias but also some less well known ones, a real bargain if you buy the CD and get auto rip for your MP3 player!
on 23 January 2014
Wonderful CD have bought for others and others after listening have bought too. One of my favourites with free MP3 download too
on 22 June 2007
This is a beautiful album, which lives up to its title. Will be enjoyed by both opera buffs, and those of us who just like the songs we keep hearing on TV and radio. Now you can match the song to the title, to the opera. Includes many arias not usually found on opera compilations. Highly recommended.
on 25 December 2013
Have found this CD great value and enjoyable Good selection of tracks and good listening Recommend to all opera lovers
on 26 April 2014
I purchased this CD some time ago. A friend heard it and said he liked it. So I thought I would treat him.
on 19 May 2015
I asked myself this when I was told about this music.....

A must for opera lovers or even for those who do not ...... as is the case with myself!
This was recommended to me and you know what.... I am glad it was, a lovely selection of opera related music and songs with relaxation included, try it and see....
on 12 September 2013
THIS ALBUM COLLATED SOME OF THE ARIAS I HAD BEEN FAMILIAR WITH OVER THE YEARS AND BLENDED SOME TRACKS THAT WERE UNFAMILIAR TO ME. THE RESULT, FOR ME, A BEAUTIFUL COMPILATION THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND BOTH AS A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO THIS TYPE OF MUSIC AND TO THOSE MORE ESTABLISHED OFFICIADOS.
on 1 September 2013
A very wide range of performers, some i was not very familiar with but that is no bad thing.for example the Jerry Hadley/thomas Hampson duet from The Pearlfishers was very good. Also Ombra Mai Fu by Jennifer Larmore, her voice was a revelation.