on 4 December 2009
Was pleased when the item was delivered in such short time and well packaged but not pleased with it not having a Dust Vac Kit inside it just has the 360ml can and the nozzle attachment. Not very pleased at all so be careful anyone else out there buying this item.... it just so happens i didn't need the vac kit but those who do should take extra caution.
on 7 January 2012
First off, the item arrived as described, with all of the bits in the box. Having used the Kenair air duster system before, I had developed faith in the brand and found it useful in blasting dust away from my camera parts and from the interior of my computer. (Do bear in mind the advice to blast a bit of air through the nozzle first to clear any debris that might be there, and to keep the can upright in use,otherwise you can get misting). Little particles had begun to be seen through the viewfinder that air dusting had not been able to remove, so I decided to try this vacuum system to try to shift them.
Clearly it is irrational to expect outrageously powerful suction from a product of this type, and anything too powerful would potentially damage delicate parts, but having used this I can report that the viewfinder does now appear visibly cleaner although it has not removed every particle in the first couple of sweeps. So, I am pleased and I would generally endorse this product.
The reason for four stars rather than five? Firstly I was disappointed that I was unable to buy the dust vac atachment as a standalone item, having already purchased the dust vac kit, making the purchase relatively expensive (although still worthwhile). Secondly, the polyurethane tube itself is stiff and fairly inflexible in tight places (the inside of my camera), which made it difficult to maximise the suction potential of the attached end by keeping it fully in contact with the surface being vacuumed. A more flexible and therefore directable end to the tubing would improve the product and make it very hard to beat. Thirdly, the soft rubbery housing that fits the tube (in the way that a brush attachment fits a regular vacuum cleaner)is itself flat ended by design; it is gentle in contact with delicate parts, but difficult to keep in sealed contact with the surface being cleaned in order to maximise suction.
To sum up, I am pleased with my purchase, and am confident that it will help me to do basic maintenance tasks on my camera equipment.
on 18 October 2011
I thought that it will help me with removing dust from matrix inside my camera. Unfortunately it (jet) leave streaks, no matter if I'm using soft end or not.
on 2 August 2011
Good product - useful as a vac on camera (not blower), blowing dust out of computer box and from behind radiators
on 4 July 2011
Brilliant, not only powerful with accurate nozzle the vacum attachement makes it ideal for getting rid of dust from inside your camera
on 16 April 2016