4.0 out of 5 stars Locked up, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: OXFORD Barrier Armoured Cable lock
I've had this for three years and it is still fine - and my pushbike hasn't been nicked, despite being parked in central Manchester. I do use another lock now Abus Varedo 47 - Black, 23cm but for about 18 months just used this one.

Because it's really for motorbikes I think it deters cycle thieves because it looks so sturdy. There's no mount for carrying on a pedal bike but you can sling it over your shoulder without too much trouble. A small niggle is that it requires quite regular lubrication of the mechanism to stop it sticking.

The fact that it is longer and more flexible than a 'D' lock is quite handy, making it more unwieldy to carry, but more flexible for use with street furniture. So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lock., 10 Oct. 2014
Elizabeth Bakalyar "ebmargit" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXFORD Barrier Armoured Cable lock
I had an older version of this lock and used it for 3 years. I like that it's long enough to wrap around a light pole *and* through my rear wheel and frame, and the fact that it's a motorcycle lock likely means that my bike is less of a target. It's also large enough to just sling across my body while riding, which is honestly less inconvenient than finding a place for a U-Lock. I've since bought a new one to replace the old one I just gave to the guy who bought my old bike.

OXFORD Barrier Armoured Cable lock