5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant.
First things first... the bloke who gave this a one-star rating, asking 'does this thing do audio/video/both?' has a point... the product description does not make it clear. To make this clear, I have UPLOADED a rear-view picture of the product.

Published 15 months ago by nickymoore

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Ok not good quality
Published 11 days ago by john holmes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: HQ 4 Video Or Audio Sources into 1 Output Manual 4-Port Audio/Video Switch (Accessory)

This product is audio - via RCA type left/right inputs, and one output, selected via the '1', '2', '3', '4' buttons on the front...

It is ALSO video - via RCA single point video inputs and one output... and via S-Video inputs and one output. Again, selected via the '1', '2', '3', '4' buttons on the front...

Each input ('1', '2', '3' and '4') has ONE audio twin left/right RCA inputs, ONE RCA composite video input and ONE S-Video input each. All are grouped and selected by the front buttons...

It works wonderfully well, couldn't hear any leakage between the channels, is clear, no discernible loss of quality and is very convenient - but for 8-odd, it is a steal.

Similar items cost 20 upwards on the High Street etc.

Good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 31 Jan 2014
Streaming music from my laptop through XBox 360 was not the best audio experience in the world - fully down to the fact that the sound from my TV is dreadful. I have an old 2:1 speaker system (that my TV is not directly compatible with !!) so was about to spend a pretty hefty sum of money on a soundbar - Then I came across this...

1 of these and 3xRCA cables later I have my Xbox, WDTV and Sky all plumbed in to my speakers - with room for one more - and all sounding pretty darn good !

Yes it's lightweight and not the best looking gizmo in the world - but it was 9 quid as opposed to the 200 I was seriously contemplating shelling out and at the end of the day, it's a 'black box

The 'clunky' buttons have been criticised in another review but not really an issue for me - the 'clunk' leaves you in no uncertainty that you have pressed the button :-)

Can't fault this box personally - it is exactly what I was looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 July 2013
M. C. Fortune-wood "Persius" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
It's churlish to complain about something so inexpensive so I've given this 4 stars.

It does the job well, there is no noticable attenuation of signal and no noticable signal interference when switching between imputs.
The downside is that it's rather large (hight) and the buttons are a little clunky, meaning changing between channels feels mechanical requiring a real old fashioned push that I'm not sure is really necissary in these days of the delicate touch. The buttons are also not all that visible if you have the room lights turned down. Using a diferent shade of gray/black or numbering the buttons might not be a bad idea. Also if I were designing this I would have made it more slim-line and used smaller buttons, it's not exactly the most sleek black box I have in my living room although there are a lot of connection options on the back so perhaps the depth is necissary. On the other hand it does the job well and is very cheap IMHO. Overall I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... from my time with this device this is just great. I bought this on Jan 28th 2014 and ..., 21 July 2014
Mr. S. Hahn - See all my reviews
I know from my time with this device this is just great.I bought this on Jan 28th 2014 and I don't ever regret my purchase.
You can use this device to output old consoles on to your TV or you can use the Dazzle capture card with this device to capture gameplay and I only just learned how to use the Dazzle card to stream on Twitch.TV and I'm very impressed by the picture quality it leaves on my stream.The headphone jack is a great feature also.So you can game late at nights without disturbing anyone.This is a must have device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun 2014
MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE GOODS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Jun 2014
This item is exactly what I needed. Simple to use. Great price. I now have my TV, Blu Ray player, DVD recorder & Freesat connected to my mixer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Bargain, 26 May 2014
4 slots for just under 10 makes this a real find in my book. The buttons are a bit clunky, and there is no automated switching, but for its price I got no complaints at all. It doesn't even need a power supply. Just make sure you have an RCA cable handy (I use a Canon STV150 3 phono to 3 phono AV cable myself), or an S-video out cable to handle output from this device as neither is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget selector box., 19 May 2014
Bought this for switching audio inputs. No frills box at a great price! Will work with video too. Good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what its says, 22 April 2014
A. F. Allday - See all my reviews
its cheap its cluncky it works! I prefer the positive feel chunky clunky buttons to these modern touch sedative one that leave you wondering if its working? no issue with this unit, yes its plastic but it works and it does not need a degree it electronics to use
great buy great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 20 Mar 2014
This Audio switch is excellent.
I use it to swap audio inputs to a wireless headphone which it does flawlessly.
Well made and of good quality.
A real bargain at the price.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›