on 20 May 2008
Have found these fleeces excellent value for money. They look good & are wearing well. Service was easy & straightforward. Really happy with our choice.
0Comment31 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2009
I bought this for someone for Christmas last year, and she absolutely loves it. I've been reliably informed that she uses it every night, snuggled up on the sofa or in a chair, even on the warmest of nights! As I was wrapping it, I could feel how incredibly soft it is. If you know someone who feels the cold too much and loves to snuggle on the sofa in front of the TV, this is the ideal gift. I'd guess this is certainly worth considering for someone elderly - or perhaps not so old! - who is struggling with their heating bills and needs a little extra warmth as the nights draw in.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 December 2010
After suffering on a few evenings in late November/early December when the snow hit, and being terrified of running up a heating bill I'd have to re-mortgage for to pay, I decided to buy some fleecy blankets to hide under.

I'm so glad I have as the snow is about to hit again!

I bought two of these blankets in two different colours and both my hubby & I have instantly fallen for them, wrapping up in them instead of putting on the extra heater. They are so comfy, snuggly and really are perfect for keeping you that extra bit warmer on chilly nights. (By the way we're only in our 30's!)

I do believe we'll keep the heating costs down having invested in these and hopefully they will last for quite a few years if we look after them so will prove to be a sensible purchase.

I would recommend washing them first though, on their own, as they do have quite a few loose fibres on them but these will come off and they do dry quickly as well, I even got one dry on a very chilly afternoon as there was a bit of a breeze but you can low heat tumble dry them or dry on an indoor airer. They hold the fragrance of fabric conditioner/washing powder nicely too if you're into that sort of thing (yes...I am!).

All in all - I am a happy purchaser and believe these were a great price. Thank you.
on 8 February 2009
This really is as soft as they say and lovely and warm. Such good value. Got it for my flatmate for Christmas and she rarely sits on the sofa without it now. She even wonders around the flat with it wrapped around her.
on 5 February 2010
A nice product. Bought one each for my elderly parents. Easy to wash and care for...but can produce a great deal of static!!....use fabric conditioner!
on 20 January 2011
I bought this item to keep in my car in case I ever got caught in the bad weather we experienced some weeks ago. However I have it on my bed. I suffer back and leg problems and cant stand too much weight on my legs, but need the warmth. This blanket is very light in weight and beatifully warm. It is worth every penny.
on 11 January 2013
I live in a poorly ventilated student house so downstairs get cold and when the middle floor gets hot, they turn the heating down and my room goes freezing, so I ordered three of these. Two of them have been sacrificed to the boys and their parties in the living room and have probably never been washed, yet they are still soft and cuddly and somehow still smell like clean, normal blankets. My own are cleaned bi-weekly without fabric softener at 40-60 degrees. It still can't differentiate it with the other two. It's still soft like a lamb. It warms you up very quickly and dries instantly so it wrap myself in it in the mornings while I'm still wet from the shower and it put it in between me and the covers if the room is extra cold.
on 9 September 2010
I recommend the throws to lots of people and many have bought them. They are very good value and very cosy. Have got them for my mother who is 88 and feels the cold but not any more. So thank you for a very good product
on 24 October 2013
Firstly, the bad news.
This arrived today (from a company called Skippy's) and imagine my surprise when it wasnt a Snuggle Touch Throw (that was pictured on the Amazon page) but a 'Rebecca Mills Designer Collection' Throw. I rechecked the web page description- no, it didnt say 'Snuggle Touch type throw' or similar. Colour was correct but edging not quite as nicely done as a genuine one.

The good news; After the initial surprise, I had a careful examination of the imposter throw and it seemed of very similar quality to a Snuggle Touch one I've already got. Almost identical except the edging. And same size. Being a bit anally retentive, I carefully weighed both the imposter and the genuine article on some accurate cooking scales. 755g vs 680g respectively. Imposter is 10% heavier weight fleece. Decided to keep it now- as good value price vs quality.

So I recommend these throws -I've docked a point for the brand switch without telling though.
on 27 March 2010
Just to say, good warm, comfy blanket, delivered very fast and overall a good buy