5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse mat.
Published on 12 Nov. 2011 by meg

Published 2 months ago by William Mason

3.0 out of 5 stars A Stylish and Functional Mouse Pad, but a bit too Small for Men, 14 Mar. 2015
William Mason (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I work eight hours a day as a solicitor, sat at a desk and spending a lot of time composing documents on my PC. For donkeys years I've simply used a completely flat mouse pad, but in recent months, I've started to experience a nagging wrist pain, exacerbated by long periods working on the PC. My doctor prescribed Naproxen painkillers, which do eradicate the pain, but I didn't want to spend a long time on powerful meds. The doctor also suggested that I have a think about the ergonomics of my work station, and try using a mouse pad with a raised wrist support. I took his advice, and bought one of these pads.
I chose the dark blue, which I would call Volkswagen Golf R blue, which is attractive without being too flashy for a lawyer's office. This pad is also available in several other colours. It measures approximately 9 inches (8 cms) top to bottom and about 8 inches (19.5 cms) wide. The base of the pad and the gel filled wrist support are made of a soft and flexible rubber. The support itself is between 0.6 and 0.7 inches high. The surface is made of a firmer, polyurethane material. The rubberised base is grippy so it won't slide about on a desk.
I tried working with this pad for a couple of days but then gave it to my girlfriend, who works as an accountant. She too spends all day at work sat at her desk, working on her PC with a mouse, and this has been causing her wrist pain. I couldn't use this particular pad because I found it too small for me. If I put my wrist in a comfortable position on the gel support, and held a wireless mouse in a natural feeling position, my fingers and the mouse would overhang the edge of the pad by an inch or more. In other words, this pad is too small for me, a 5 feet, 11 inch tall male, to use comfortably. However, my girlfriend is delighted with this product. She's been using it daily for the last couple of months and tells me that her wrist discomfort has eased considerably.
In short, this mouse pad is attractively designed and functional, fine for kids, teenagers and women, but too small I suspect for a lot of men to use without holding the mouse awkwardly and/or placing their wrist in a less than ideal position. My girlfriend tells me that the pad is stain resistant and easy to wipe clean, and that there's been no deterioration in the surface quality as yet.
This mouse mat is currently on sale at PC World/Currys for £19.99, and so you might want to do a price check against Amazon sellers.
Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse mat., 12 Nov. 2011
I love this gel mouse mat. I have one at work which I use daily. My friend was having trouble with her wrist and fingers when she was using the computer, so I bought this as a present for her. She loves it and it has made a lot of difference to her wrist.Well worth the money and so comfortable to use. Also looks good. It was a lighter colour that the picture advertised. I would recommend this item to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars My RSI problems in my wrist have gone away since using this, 15 Feb. 2014
Being a graphic designer, I'm used to using a mouse for a ridiculous number of hours per week, months after month year after year, but after several years, the RSI in my mouse hand got so bad that it was excruciating, I spent a great deal of time researching alternative mouses first so that my hand wouldn't have to pivot at the wrist unnaturally high (Yes - I've used the same wireless laser mouse for years as it's so damn good) but acknowledge that the mouse and my chosen line of work are doing my RSI no good. I looked at Apple Magic Mouse (£60) and Logitech T400 (£20) and Microsoft Arc Mouse (£45), among others - all of which offer a better ergonomic fit so that your hand is much flatter and the angle at which the wrist pivots is almost parallel to the desk (has to be good) however read an awful of of reviews suggesting the level of accuracy and response was not as high as it needs to be if you have a job like, Graphic Design, for example. High level of response and accuracy with zero lag are critical. So £60 is a lot of money for a mouse right, a rip-off in my opinion.

I considered gel mouse pads/supports as an alternative to spending a lot of money on a mouse, and therefore taking a chance on it being accurate and responsive enough at great cost. The gel mouse mat is a cheap way to tackle the RSI problem. This will sound like complete bu****it but from day one, my RSI has been practically non-existent. The gel pad raises the wrist and hand, allowing the hand to use the mouse at practically a horizontal level - eliminating the need to bend my wrist unnaturally for hours on end. I was very skeptical about buying this at first but as it was cheap (£6.00 less expensive than the high street retailers) I considered it worth writing off if unsuccessful. I since bought another so I have one for the office and one for home. Some reviews suggest the actual mouse surface is poor quality and peels off, but after 3 months, it's still like new and I can tell you I'm fussy as hell but have found this to be incredibly good.

5 stars for price, quality and fit for the purpose for which it was designed. Don't delay - buy one (or two) today.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 May 2009
I. Kalafatic (Zagreb, Croatia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad / Wrist Support - Black (Office Product)
This is my second identical mousepad, so I'm pretty satisfied with them. But a little bit longer mousepad surface would be nice, I sometimes hit the (slightly raised) upper edge with mouse. I suppose it depends on how you hold the mouse...

3.0 out of 5 stars Acceptable Mouse Mat, 17 Nov. 2010
Mr. P. Bruce "Pete" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an acceptable product, the surface works well with an optical mouse and the wrist pad (the reason for purchase) is comfortable. The downer is that these mouse-mats do curl as others state and it curls from new but not too much to start with. The base is very sticky and keeps the mat firmly in place which is good but I sense I'll have to glue the mat to a board in order to stop it curling so the anti slip won't help me any longer.

Okay, but not great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 14 Nov. 2008
M. Pritchard (Brighton) - See all my reviews
I bought this for work as I was getting pain in my arms from being on the computer for around 8hrs a day and I haven't had the pain since!

So I definitely recommend this item, along with it's matching keyboard wrist pad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good product..., 14 Oct. 2013
1. the pad is not high enough. If you compare this to the Fellowes standalone gel wrist supports, this is much lower and really doesn't offer much support at all.

2. the vinyl mousepad area is too smooth and the sheen coating on it, means neither of my 3 mouses I tried work well. There is simply not enough traction, so I had to put a sheet of white paper over the mouse area.

I would not recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fellowes Crystals Gel Mouse Pad Review, 14 Jan. 2011
This mouse pad is perfect. Has a non-slip underside, Wrist support is
not too firm and the actual mouse surface allows the mouse to freely
move around. Definatly recomended for comfort.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Gel part is clear & does keep my wrist bone from being sore however but after a time it gets sticky & i have to keep moving, 1 Mar. 2015
I found this expensive. I have it a week & the moment i began to use it i noticed my mouse skids about the place even more than on my table - the material is so slippy and hard! The Gel part is clear & does keep my wrist bone from being sore however but after a time it gets sticky & i have to keep moving to a cool part of the Gel pad. Had hoped for so much more for the price. Many have Gel at a far lower price. Will not buy this again or recommend it to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gel Mouse Pad Wrist Support, 3 Dec. 2011
This is an excellent product, I'm delighted with my purchase. The gel pad allows your palm and hand rest easily and comfortably, level with the mouse. The pad itself is large enough to allow the mouse to move freely, which was my main concern. My colleagues are all jealous, and many are going to buy their own!! If, like me, you use a mouse for several hours a day I'm sure you will benefit from the comfortable wrist support.