4.0 out of 5 stars The reason I bought the lancaster bomber
I am very satisfied with the lancaster bomber, I didn't buy it as a toy, I bought it to go on my father's 90th birthday cake as he was a navigator in one during the war.
Published on 5 April 2011 by Vintagechic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
I brought this as a birthday pressie for my sons friend, it arrived on time in the box. However it is a lot smaller than you expect I decided not to give it to him as it was so smaller
Published 7 months ago by Cath Eldred

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The reason I bought the lancaster bomber, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Corgi Flight CS90586 Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Avro Lancaster WWII Military Die Cast Aircraft (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars pocket Lancaster, 15 Dec 2009
This was an excellent diecast model for fathers and
grandchildren. Apart from the propellers no moving
parts to damage and friendly battles ,with "WW2"
explanation , were educational. Only criticism was
that the scale was smaller than fighters so kept this
one for myself! Back to childhood and memories-ah! I
thought the price, for the quality, was spot on

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully crafted & detailed, 5 July 2011
T. G. Valentine "Valentine" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this model, along with a De Havilland Mosquito, which was flown by Wing Commander Guy Gibson during the second world war. Both models were beautifully crafted & detailed. The stands, which came with them, hold both aircraft tilted slightly at a right angle. It gives them a more realistic image. The detail on the De Havilland Mosquito is a little more discernable when compared to the Avro Lancaster model. Both planes are of the same scale, but due to their relative sizes, the detail is very different.

The Avro Lancaster's size gives a clear indication of just how streamlined this great aircraft is. In actual fact, it is shaped like a dragonfly. In my personal opinion, the Avro Lancaster is the most beautiful aircraft ever to take to the skies. Although, I've seen the likes of a Panavia Tornado F3 at the Royal Air Force Museum in Hendon, NW London; the Avro Lancaster & it's contemporaries completely over-shadow all the aircraft, which we see today.

As for the De Havilland Mosquito model, the plane is absolutely stunning. The detail is beautiful, & both planes make me wish I was a kid once again. At 28 years of age, I never tire of seeing an Avro Lancaster. I had relatives who served in both great wars, & a living relative who served in Korea. Fortunately, I didn't lose a single relative in any of the conflicts. However, I feel it is very important to learn about the sacrifices that were made during those years. Therefore, I believe, the models can be used for great educational use as well as they are purchased as colleactors items.

Ultimately, however, I always wish that I could've served as a pilot aboard an Avro Lancaster, De Havilland Mosquito, Supermarine Spitfire, & the Hawker Hurricane.

The models, which Corgi sell are absolutely fantastic & I will definitely be back to buy many more

5.0 out of 5 stars Lancaster Bomber for cake decoration, 18 April 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this to decorate my Father's 90th birthday cake as he flew Lancaster bombers in the war. It is as decribed so is perfect. It is small but not too small and well made with accurate paintwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday gift, 30 Jun 2014
Same reason as previous item. My dad was thrilled as he had been in RAF and worked on different aircraft

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Xmas Gift, 28 April 2014
Liam Daly "www.liamdaly.co.uk" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
Purchased this for a Christmas present for someone who is a fan of WWII models, he loved it. I found the model a lot smaller than I thought it would be but the detail on it is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars the plane is very nice to look at, 22 Mar 2014
The Corgi flight vs90586Battle, is verry good it looks like the real thing I am very happy, with the plane, I am going to order some more as it's so good the delivery is good as well,

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but quite small, 6 Jan 2014
Nice plane but a little small. We have had to glue one of the propellers back in but this hasnt affected the plane or playing with it. My boy is 5 and loves planes so this is a great addition to his collection and a chance to talk about planes of the past in war etc. Nice product at a reasonable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok model, 1 Jan 2014
Average quality but cheap enough model, this type of toy are nit very popular these days so very limited choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Avro Lancaster was delivered on time and packaging was fantastic nothing broken, 26 Nov 2013
The model Avro Lancaster was delivered on time and packaging was fantastic nothing broken, the model was exactly what I wanted and over the moon with it what every boy should have in their rooms no matter how old we are! Many thanks to the seller.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›