5.0 out of 5 stars Pastel pencils, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: STABILO Carbothello Pastel Chalk Pencil Set in Metal Tin - Assorted Colours (Pack of 60) with Sharpener, Kneaded Eraser and Blending Stump (Office Product)
I did a lot of research before making my purchase beforehand to see what other professional Artists were using. As this was to be my first try with Pastel Pencils I wasn't prepared to spend money on the top end scale to find I didn't like them. I received these pencils the next day and got straight to work. They are really good!. I have tried a couple of other brands that are not as soft, don't blend as well, and are dull on the pigment. I would certainly recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Pastel Pencils, 2 Oct 2013
I love pastels and already have a full set of Faber Castells and half a set of Derwents. I bought these to add to my collections, as they are all different.
This set is beautiful, a great range of colours and easy to apply. They blend very well and apply over the top of many layers.
I will be using them a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars pastel pencils, 4 May 2013
Irene Kelling "Irene" (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
a good range of colours. I use together with softer pastels and they blend fine together. these are ideal for putting detail into pictures and a wonderful range of colours make it easier to get the shade you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth stroke, 28 Jan 2013
Very nice pastel pencil with a lovely smooth core.
Pastel pencils are in a general sense hard pastels. They are harder than Conte Carres pastel sticks and much harder than soft pastel sticks such as Unison. Having said that they still have a nice velvety stroke and are good for fine detail in your pastel paintings. I use them together with other pastel pencil brands like Faber Castell Pitt pastels which are slightly harder than Stabilo, and Caran d'Ache which are smoother than Stabilo (and more expensive).
There are a number of colours in the Stabilo range that are in neither ot the Faber Castell or Caran d'Ache sets.
Great value for money and only bettered in quality by the top of the range Caran d'Ache pastel pencils.
They can be sharpened with a desktop sharpener such as the Helix A5 but be warned some cores will snap off inside the sharpener. I have not tried to sharpen a pencil with the hand sharpener provided in the set. The safest bet is to sharpen with a blade and sandpaper block.
For examples of my pastel drawings go to grandportraits.co.uk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely set of pastels, 30 Nov 2012
Sally E. Rey (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Having just started using pastels I wanted to buy a decent set. Am really pleased with these as they are easy to work with and the colours are great. Would recommend this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed with these Pastel Pencils, 20 Sep 2013
I have tried cheaper brands of pastel pencil and was disappointed to say the least. I wanted a soft pastel pencil that I could work with. I asked my tutor for advice in this respect and she suggested the Stabilo Carbothello. I have to say they are the best pastel pencils I have ever used. Smooth application and the colours are so vibrant. Nicely presented in the metal box. I was tremendously impressed with how fast they were dispatched. Within 24 hours of ordering without the additional cost of requesting next day delivery too. So thank you so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 14 Jan 2013
These are exactly what they say they are: chalk pastel pencils in a wood casing like graphite pencils. They hold a reasonable line and so can be used for some detail. The tin includes a small kneadable eraser, paper stump for blending and a sharpener specifically for these which is quite useful as my usual pencil sharpener didn't work well with these. It's great for graphite and coloured pencils (faber-castell polychromos). I got stuck in experimenting before I checked all the pencils and discovered the bits on the second layer as I already had a sharpener, erasers and stumps from graphite and coloured pencil experiments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014