Format: DVD|Change

on 24 June 2014
My boys loved it,funny film too ,I remembered it from good few years ago very enjoyable evening with the family on film night
on 14 January 2015
A lost gem not appreciated on its first release he makes a post credit appearance in the latest marvel avengers
on 10 November 2012
I watched this film many years ago with my husband and really enjoyed it! A few years ago my son watched it agian when on tv with us, he also enjoyed it. I was talking to my husband a few weeks ago and we spoke about this film and wouldnt it be good for our daughter to watch it,so yes we ordered it can she watched it which she had a good laugh as we did again, would recommend anyone wonting a laugh to view it!
on 18 September 2014
I bought this DVD because I remember having it on video when I was younger and I remember really loving it. I enjoyed watching this but it is not exactly as I remember and so I was a little disappointed. This is still a good film and very enjoyable and you will love it if you like films featuring unlikely heroes and are open to believing that no one would question a walking talking duck.
on 8 June 2014
I gave it 5 stars because I love the film and have wanted to get it for ages and ages
on 6 July 2013
I bought this for my daughter as I loved this film as a youngster & it didn't fail to disappoint her.
I was however a little disappointed that it was edited so bits of the film were missing but as she had never seen it before she didn't know any difference.
Would recommend this film even if its just for a bit of 80s nostalgia :)
on 5 April 2013
watched this as a kid and it must have had an impact for me to remember my kids like watching it good film don't make much like these anymore mac and me and garbage pail kids are all good films all different in there own right be worth the watch you eaver like them or you don't but my kids do so that,s all that matters and still do aswel
VINE VOICEon 23 March 2009
Ha - "Howard The Duck", more notorious for the way it cut a swathe through Lucasfilm's reputation in the mid-'80s than for anything as mundane as plot, is finally coming to DVD in an (albeit probably bare-bones) Metrodome DVD Region 2 only release. Yes, I realise that it hasn't been released yet, but as I have seen the movie countless times since it's 1986 release, I feel qualified to comment early.

The story - Howard is plucked from Duckworld by means revealed later in the story, only to find himself stranded in Cleveland surrounded by the "Hairless Apes" who treat him like a freak - Apart from Beverley, teased-haired Valkyrie who fronts a band that makes Kajagoogoo look like Black Flag, and Lab Assistant Phil Blumbutt (Tim Robbins! Everybody has to start somewhere) who soon find themselves caught-up in an adventure involving The Dark Overlords Of The Universe, An Experimental Piledriver (or something) and Cajun Sushi. How can anybody NOT be excited about this?

Unlike the "Bare-Bones" Region 2 Version (which has already been re-released TWICE. Low licensing fees anyone?)the Region 1 has a number of new featurettes; interviews with the cast, "making-of" shenanigans and a re-enactment of Universal execs commiting Hari-Kari (not the last one). Lest we forget, "The Phantom Menace" is one of the top grossing films of all time, and this one knocks it out of the park. Okay, not the hardest of feats, but trust me on this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 November 2012
I've personally just watched this movie for the first time, I was lent a copy by a friend after I spied it in his DVD collection. I was instantly intrigued, I mean, a movie with George Lucas's name attached, called Howard THE DUCK??? I just had to see it.

Having finished watching it, I have to say I thought it was great, no masterpiece by any means but it gave out exactly what it promised.
Sure it was cheesy as hell, and some of the jokes were just terrible, but the charm it oozes comes at you in bucket loads. The movie is over 20 years old and yet some of the special effects are better than in some of the dross out nowadays, and are definitely better than most movies out in the 80's.

The humour is hit and miss at times but I thought it far funnier than anything the likes of Adam Sandler has done to date. The big no no for me was the music which I have to admit was really pants. Not so much the songs the band play during the film but the actual score itself. But that's just a minor gripe.

Tim Robbins was so over the top and Jeffrey Jones was a hoot.
Amusing, cheesy, plenty of fun action, decent effects for the time, ridiculously over the top and packed to the hilt with an 80's nostalgic feel, I'm sorry but I have to say it is a very good movie for what it is. Far better than I was expecting.
on 30 May 2013
Will you be a better person if you watch Harold the Duck? No. Will you be a more knowledgeable or wiser person? No.

On the other hand it _is_ quite entertaining and despite the disturbing use of duck boobies it's got some scenery chewing performances that make it really quite amusing.