5.0 out of 5 stars Storming Stormshield
Published on 20 May 2012 by Scorpio

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on first use
The first time I used this umbrella, the shaft above the point where the spokes meet the pole splintered. The wind was not very strong at all, the umbrella I had would not be capable of strong winds.
Published 18 months ago by Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Storming Stormshield, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
My last two umbrellas have ended their days after being blown inside out and being irretrievably damaged in the process. Enter centre stage the Fulton Stormshield. This is a battleship of an umbrella: a Forth Bridge of an umbrella: an umbrella that Brunel would have been proud of. It laughs at the wind's feeble attempts to attack it: it sheds rain with contempt. One day, all umbrellas will be built like this. Just two downsides: it is relatively heavy for an umbrella and, because of its Gargantuan canopy, it needs a strong arm to hold on to it when the wind is strong. Make no mistakes; this is the stormproof umbrella that you've dreamed of, but it won't fit into your bag and you'll know that you're carrying it. For staying dry when you're out in the raging storm, it has no equal.

Its now 19 months since I bought my Stormshield and I have to report that my admiration for it is undiminished. If anything, I now hold it in even greater esteem! I have used it in 'Amber Alert' winds and, although it has often been difficult to hang on to, it hasn't let me down. On at least 3 occasions I was expecting it to fail but, with a fairly loud 'pop!', the vent between the canopies opened to release the pressure and the day was saved! As a former scientist, now retired, and with no connection to Fulton (although I have owned one of their collapsible umbrellas which served me well on Pyrenean hikes), it is my considered opinion that the Stormshield is brilliant. I can report a few hiccups: the little Velcro patch that retains one of the straps is coming un-stitched and it has closed on me twice, although maybe I hadn't operated the top catch completely. If someone had said to me that they could guarantee to keep me dry through the worst of storms for 19-plus months for 20-odd, I'd have made the deal with no hesitation. Let 'Land of Hope and Glory' play on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive, 2 Mar 2012
Yorksteve (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great brolly, a lot bigger than I was expecting but it does the job.

Well made and stands up to high winds - the top flaps open a little to let some air out from underneath and this stops the whole thing blowing away or breaking. The handle is also comfortable and it's not too heavy. Worth paying that little bit extra for something that is well built

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on first use, 2 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, 27 Nov 2011
Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella Well made, large umbrella. Has withstood some stormy autumnal weather so far. easy opening function is very useful in wet, windy weather. Recommended

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine until first decent wind, 22 Jun 2012
Have to honestly disagree with most of the reviewers here. Having persuaded myself to spend 30 on a "stormshield" umbrella I was initially quite impressed. However in an unseasonably windy and rainy day today (22nd June) the shaft completely snapped just above the ribs. If it can't make it through the "summer", what chance has it in the winter when the winds will be much stronger?
Have requested full refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product until it broke!!, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
I thought this umbrella was the bees knees when I first got it. Does everything advertised. Unfortunately after only owning it for a couple of months it broke. I've hardly used it up to now, but the other day when it was only slightly windy, the top canopy billowed out slightly and the membrane came away from the spoke!

Trust me when I say it was only slightly windy - I would expect this product to take a little more abuse from the elements it's supposed to protect you from than this! Worst thing is, I'm past Amazon's return window, so I'm stuck with it!. Disappointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Umbrella, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
This is a lovely umbrella, It's very well constructed and is satisfying to use as it is so well designed, I can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's MASSIVE, 21 Oct 2012
T. Bartels - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
Holy WOW this thing is MASSIVE. I wanted a big umbrella with a vast coverage area, but I handn't realized I purchased a replacement roofing tile for Disney's Spaceship Earth Geodesic dome. It's a good thing the design is such that the vent will save your life as I am convinced that a good gust of wind would easily send you flying. Mary Poppins probably used this umbrella in a prior version with a solid panel design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fulton Umbrella, 17 April 2012
Mr. C. N. Jones (Portchester, Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
I bought this umbrella after buying, and liking, the Fulton golf umbrella I've bought. It is of a neat size and is very sturdily made. Like the golf umbrella, the grp construction is flexible and more likely to survive blustery conditions. I've only used it a few tmes and I'm very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Purchase, 3 Jan 2012
Rohit Khullar - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fulton Stormshield Men's Umbrella (Apparel)
Bought it after much research. Not many helpful reviews around. This umbrella is big enough for 2 Adults. Bit heavy but feels strong.