5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - Worth every penny!!
I have had this toothbrush for just under a week and can honestly say that I wish I had listened to the dentist sooner.

Having not listened to my dentist I purchased her second choice suggestion which was a expensive Philips Sonicare. Even though it cleaned the teeth well enough, it is not even comparable to the sheer cleaning power of this product...
Published on 16 Jun 2008 by Graham Marsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality brushing let down by lousy battery life and ugly bulky charger
Leaves your teeth and mouth feeling very clean, and comes with a good range of spare attachments, although some of them look a bit like medieval instruments of torture.

However, the battery life of this toothbrush is *awful*; I seem to be always having to recharge it, and in this respect, it's much worse than Braun's more expensive products - I guess they had...
Published on 1 Nov 2008 by Simon S

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - Worth every penny!!, 16 Jun 2008
Graham Marsh (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Oral-B Professional Care 8900 Total Care Rechargeable Toothbrush (Personal Care)

It trains you how to clean, it has different attachments included in the purchase price to help you get the best from it and it even stops if you push too hard on your teeth.

Get on and you will not be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Rechargeable Toothbrush, 8 Feb 2009
Good solid feel to brush, comfortable in the hand, one button control.
The one button gives 3 modes - clean, sensitive, polish - by pressing the button 1-3 times(there seems little difference between the last two to me?). Initial use did cause some gum bleeding but soon stopped. The brush stutters every 30 seconds to indicate elapsed time for a proper brushing regime of 2 minutes, the timing holds even when stopped for up to 30 seconds for extra paste/powder or rinsing.
On first use the brush needs charging(2 round-pin plug) which took 20 hours. A flashing green light begins after a few seconds on the charger and continues until charged; then the green light stays on.
A recharge is necessary only when a flashing red light appears. Recharge time is about 16 hours.
The brush came with a bewildering variety of heads(6 types in all). The only one I have used is the Cross Action(2 supplied). I also bought some Floss Action heads on the recommendation of my Hygienist.
After two months I am very pleased with my choice - very functional and effective. Great sevice as usual from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely clean teeth, 17 Mar 2008
C. Wheeler - See all my reviews
I have used electric tooth brushes in the past, but they never really felt like they cleaned all areas of my teeth. This brush has a number of different cleaning heads and reach those areas which other brushes never reach and after just a few days use my teeth feel as if I have just visited the hygenist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one really they are the best!!!, 7 May 2008
S. Roger (uk) - See all my reviews
I have also been using electric brushes for years and have over the last year or so been using a very expensive phillips sonicare, which I have now replaced with one of the braun 8900. you feel the difference straight away and see the difference in only a couple of days.... really.

lots of extra bits to clean the areas you can't see !!!

if you are thinking long and hard before parting with your hard earned cash,? don't,,, get one

5.0 out of 5 stars 8900 or 8000, 5 Aug 2009
I bought this electric toothbrush after much research. Basically all Braun Oral-B Professional Care use the same brushing technique. The cheaper ones have lower pulsations per minute (20.000 instead of 40.000) and slower side-to-side movements (7.600 instead of 8.800). But the whole 8000 series range include those higher speeds. So why pay more? Well, I though going for the Triumph (same speeds) was a little big over my budget,and the extra money wasn't justified. I decided to spend a little bit more, and go for the 8900 because of the spare toothbrushes included and the extra "polishing" mode.
After a few days I can say it is worth the money. My teeth are clearly wither just a couple of weeks later. Just slightly annoying is the loud noise made by the toothbrush, mostly by those around rather than myself, but nothing major.
If you are not too bothered about the extra toothbrushes and the sensitive and polishing modes, you might want to save a few pounds (around £12 by the time of writing) and go for the 8000 instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want clean teeth, then leave it to the Germans. Highly recommended., 19 Feb 2009
James Petford (Stourbridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The germans really know a thing or two on how to clean teeth, and this brush is proof of that. What you get is a very professional teeth cleaning kit with an assortment of various cleaning heads for the brush itself. One for cleaning, one for gums and so on. The brush itself is very impressive, it has an excelent battery life that is charged with the kit that is included, and has three functions depending on how you want to clean your teeth.

One For Cleaning.
Two for Sensitive teeth.
and Third for polishing your teeth after you have finished.

You cant go wrong with the Oral-B range, plaque is a thing of the past with this beauty, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Aug 2008
I have used one of those £10 battery toothbrushes and deemed them to be a waste of time. My dentist specifically recommended this model as he has one himself. After having it a few days ive realised how wrong my perception of powered toothbrushes are. It is excellent. Your teeth feel so clean after using it and whilst i will probably not use all the gadgets that came with it, the 3 settings, the travel holder and the supply of brushes makes it well worth its while. If its in your price range - get one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Jan 2009
S. Hunter (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought an 8900 to replace our aging Braun electric toothbrush that we've had ages and its fantastic! With three of us using it the charge lasts over a week, and the brush makes your mouth feel really clean. We're really pleased with this, wish we'd bought one sooner. (We use the 'Dual Head' brushes, which are an optional extra not supplied with the standard product - well worth the extra cash!)

Icing on the cake is the 3 year warranty on the 8900. Bargain! Definitely recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars converted, 13 Nov 2008
I'd used several different electric toothbrushes in the past but had always found they didn't make my mouth feel as clean as manual brushing and caused lots of pain and bleeding to my sensitive teeth. this toothbrush has really changed my opinion on electric brushes. the cleaning power is brilliant, leaving your mouth feeling properly clean. I have not had any problems with battery life lasting around 5 days without charging. the charging unit is bulky and the tongue cleaning attachment doesn;t fit in which is annoying but these are minor irritations compared to the benefits. I wouldnt consider using anything else now. the travel case is very useful too and fits 2 brushes or 1 and tongue cleaner. highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Care = Totally Fantastic!!, 16 Nov 2008
M. Sperl - See all my reviews
I bought this a fortnight ago to replace my ailing Braun Oral-B Complete, which has served a purpose for the last 8 years, however the battery is now knackered.

Firstly, let me say that the SRP of £99 is outrageous, however the current less-than- half-price offers available certainly make it both affordable, and tremendous value for money.

The amount of Tools that it comes with for different purposes make it arguably as comprehensive as a visit to the Hygienist, and not only does the job effectively and without fuss, the difference is noticable after just a week!

Battery life is excellent (I've just charged it for the first time since I've had it!), inevitably the consumables are going to be costly to replace, but not as costly as the trips to the Dentist!

A tip - after brushing, try using the Polishing Head with a small amount of Pearl Drops.....will leave your teeth as white as when you left the Dental Surgery....without the cost!!

9/10