5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice quality. Best I have seen.
I have been looking at baby trailers in the shops since my son was born 18months ago with the intention of finding a nice one to get for when he was old enough. I was not very impressed with the ones I saw as they seemed either very overpriced ( £400 plus ) or reasonably priced but not very well made. By this I mean solid enough but not very good looking or well...
Published on 25 April 2008 by Jay R

2.0 out of 5 stars look at the adventurer
I assumed that this product would be better quality than the lower priced Adventurer but since seeing other people with the adventurer I have begun to wish I'd bought that.

Why?

* The Explorer forces your child to be almost laid down, I think most toddlers want to be sat-up and looking around.
* The roof does not retract like it does on the...
Published on 17 Nov 2012 by shaun casey

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun item, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
We love this gadget. It has meant we can now go cycling again and take the baby along. i saw the reviews about the dodgy wheel and sure enough after putting it together we found the left wheel casing was faulty and seems to wobble a bit when in use, but we only use for leisure now and again so we haven't sent it back for a refund as it can't be fixed. If however I was using it daily I'd have got a different one.

2.0 out of 5 stars so, so, 12 Sep 2010
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
100 odd pounds for this in a market when decent one cost well above 400 quid... expect what you pay for. Somebody mentioned good quality, but it's nothing as expected. It's build up from relatively good quality steel frame which is quite rigid (heavy, but when pulled behind bike not really noticeable as wheels turn smoothly) and ok quality orange nylon cover, but stitching and straps are very Chinese. But what it makes a really bad design is appalling quality of seat which doesn't hold a baby in firm position. After braking the whole weight of baby is supported on triangle shape of lightly padded fabric that goes between the legs. So every journey that's more than 10km might be a problem. On top of that when used on wet or on gravel the clear plastic shield that goes on top of the mesh at front of the trailer does not cover it entirely. Small gap lets in gravel and mud. That's what possibly caused my son to cry half way through the journey, when a gravel hit his eye (mud on the face). That is actually quite easy to fix by adding some extra velcro. Still...
So far we've done about 60km, and three out of four trips were successful.
If you spend a lot of time on the bike on different surfaces and want to share that experience with your baby this trailer is not for you, look for something else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for children under 18 months!, 21 July 2009
J. Maass "TripleJ" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
I gave the trialer three stars because:
- I didn't see an advice at amazon, but the trailer isn't suitable for kids under 18 months. I would've looked for other trailers which are suitable for younger kids.
- The trailer has no suspension so you should only use it when your kid can sit by herself. And I shortened the seat with a cable clip, so the kid can sit rather than lie with his chin on the chest.
- The manual is for the Duo Trailer, so I spend some time to look for a feature that isn't there.
- The front wheel is jamming so it's very hard to pull the trailer.
- The handle is not extendable which also makes it hard to pull.
- The solution to fix the raincover doesn't work.

But in a nutshell I'm quite happy with it. I only use it for short tours (no suspension and my kid's under 18 months) and to do the shopping when shops aren't in walking distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 27 July 2009
L. Hyndman - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
Very easy to attatch to bike and worked very well. Our son (2 1/2) loved it - he was very much at home in it. We felt he was safe and the width of the trailer was no more than the bike itself. Cars stayed well away from it. You can detatch from the bike and use as a buggy but this can be difficult to navigate. Also good price considering the alternatives. A good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dogs', 10 Jun 2009
Mr. Martin J. Brown (U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
This trailer has given us back our freedom. One arthritic collie that refuses to be left in our camper van finds this a great way to travel. We have towed it behind the bike, pushed it across the fields and dragged it over sandy beaches. Easy to dismantle, no tools needed a first class very cheap bit of kit.

2.0 out of 5 stars bit on the cheap side, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
its a shame because its really nice looking and my son loved it but the finishing off on this trailer is rather naff, its more like a budget trailer but not really at a budget price, needless to say i sent it back.

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
WE HAD LOOKED AT ALL THE REVIEWS FOR DIFFERENT BIKE TRAILERS FOR SOMETIME AND THEN WE DECIDED ON THIS ONE AS WE ONLY HAVE A SMALL CAR BOOT THIS FITS PERFECT IN OURS, NO BIGGER THAN A NORMAL SIZE PUSHCHAIR AND IT WAS GREAT THAT IT COULD BE CONVERTED INTO ONE AS WELL. WE HAD ALREADY BOUGHT A SEAT FOR THE BACK OF THE BIKE BUT WANTED A TRAILER FOR LONGER BIKE RIDES SO OUR DAUGHTER 18 MONTHS COULD HAPPILY GO TO SLEEP IN IT, WHICH SHE DID.

OVER ALL WE ARE VERY HAPPY BUT WE DO HAVE A FEW DISSAPOINTMENTS. THE FIRST TIME WE USED IT THE RAIN CAME DOWN HARD BEFORE WE SET OFF, WERE THE CHILDS FEET GO THIS BECAME VERY WET WITH WATER RUNNIG DOWN INTO A PUDDLE.TO SOLVE THIS I HAD AN IDEAR TO PUT THE RAIN COVER OF THE PUSHCHAIR ON TO IT WHICH FITS QUITE WELL BUT THIS DOES STILL HAPPEN BECAUSE IT MUST BE WERE THE WATER SPRAY OF THE ROAD SOAKES IN THE CANVAS.

WHEN YOU DO USE IT AS A PUSHCHAIR IT WOULD BE GREAT IF THEY HAD OF ADDED SOME TYPE OF BRAKE FOR THE WHEELS WHEN YOU NEED TO STOP ON A SLOPE.

OVER ALL THIS IS A GREAT PRODUCT AND WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

5.0 out of 5 stars A***************************, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Bumper Explorer Solo Child Trailer (Sports)
very pleased with this item got to be fit thow brill down hill but not so brill up hill it very good as you can use it as a buggy as well as connect to your bike i give it A******** very sterdy well made

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›