5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected.
Was expecting it to break straight away based on reviews, but for the price it's great. Had them 4 weeks and they seem to have become a permanent accessory to the bike whether going for 30 + mile runs, short trips into town or going for overnight stays with friends/relatives.

Published on 11 Aug 2011 by Reviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars saddle bag
this was the first christmas gift i have bought my son in years that he actually loved and is being used, but unfortunately the handle has broken off but it can still be used. maybe he had too much stuff in it but it was disappointing.
Published on 28 Jan 2009 by sylvie cronin

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)

The zips are pretty typical for this price range. OK if you're not too rough and over-fill them so you have to be a bit careful and the bags are quite small.

I don't really like the Velcro attaching mechanisms, but what can you expect for the price? It does take a few fiddly minutes to get the bags secured to the rack.

They are great for travelling to an overnight stop or to carry some extra clothes and tools on longer rides. They are not waterproof so extended downpours will leave a puddle in the bottom and any electrical items may get damaged if not sealed in something else first. They can survive short showers and mist mostly due to the drying effects of just moving through the air on the bike.

I've stowed a camera, tools, pump, jacket, t-shirt, jeans wash stuff, lock and camera in the bags with a little room to spare. I could probably fit a lot more in if I thought about it a bit more (i.e used smaller hair wash, mounted pump on frame and used a seat bag for tools)

You could fit a netbook into the bags as well as a limited shopping, but a laptop (15inch +) will not fit so you might find them ideal for school/college runs. A super-heavy load might break the bags too.

Great product overall, just remember that it's not a rugged version so you will have to respect the limitations, but perfect for what I do with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Bag, 25 May 2010
Gillian Rogers (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
I wanted a bag for my bike to fit a jumper, flask and sarnies for country bike ride. Waterproofs just in case.
I wanted a bag that would hold a couple of carriers of shopping when going to the supermarket.
I wanted a bag that looked good, compact and neat even when empty.
This bag does it all. Absolutely Fabulous and more importantly not expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pannier Bag, 5 May 2009
Mr. Tim Crake (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
Very good value for money, rather stiff material and stiff zips need a little WD40. Attachment straps/latches could be easier but worth 4 stars as amazing value.

3.0 out of 5 stars saddle bag, 28 Jan 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 Mar 2009
Julie Norman (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
I should have bought this ages ago. Its saving my poor hands from carrying all my shopping and keeping me fit on my bike at the same time

5.0 out of 5 stars pannier bag, 25 Aug 2010
Mr. D. Revell "superden" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
Great fits like a glove, good delivery cheap price what more does one need.
Thanks Denis

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy, 16 July 2010
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
The panniers are as described but the zip broke the first time I used them. Apart from now using them with one pannier permanently open they are just about OK, but I am waiting for the next bit to break!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
I needed something to put my books, folders, clothes in en-route to college, and after reading other reviews was a little hessitant but I can fit my folder in perfectly, a couple of books, pencil case, drinks and on the other side clothes, lunch, deoderant, note book, etc etc. couldn't have got anything better

4.0 out of 5 stars Savage pannier bag, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
Great little product which I found very easy to use though similar to other reviewers the attachment straps could have been a little longer - although the straps as they are do fit. Ample room for a couple of days cycling - I'm currently getting accustomed to them by doing shopping runs!!! Great value item that's robust and suitable for most bike riders needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken zip, 6 Feb 2011
This review is from: ETC Double Pannier Bag (Sports)
Within 3 weeks the zip pull has snapped off! I know I'm strong but didn't realise I could snap metal between my finger and thumb!

ETC Double Pannier Bag