on 25 May 2011
Leaves a great polished surface, however, you must end by thoroughly drying the car with a shammy otherwise you end up with a badly streaked surface.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 3 October 2011
Basically you can either put this in a pressure washer or in a bucket with warm water. Personally i would use a small amount in a bucket of warm water, as warm water as opposed to cold from a pressure wash helps soften tar and other deposits from your paintwork, also a pressure washer will go through twice as much shampoo for half the distance.

Now down the the actual product, It's pretty good as far as car shampoos go, it does remove most deposits and gets rid of the film of dust you get over time. But remember that this is a shampoo conditioner, meaning that after you have used this you are suppose to apply a polish to the bodywork AFTER it has dried and not while the paint surface is still wet. You don't need much of this stuff (which is green in colour), its the kind of product that most people should be using on a weekly basis and gives good results for the money

Worth getting, good results!
33 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2011
This is one of the better car shampoos I have used. It cleans extremely well, has a pleasant smell and didn't strip off the car wax I applied after the last wash. Only a small amount needed - it goes a long way!
on 3 November 2015
Have just ordered my 2nd 2.5L bottle of this shampoo.

When it comes to car cleaning I am well-equipped, and consider myself as a detailer. This Autoglym shampoo is what I use in-between a thorough wax and wax. It leaves a thin layer coating of wax on the surface. It is certainly not the best automative shampoo on the market but I use it solely because it is relatively cheap and leaves a quick layer of wax if I do not intend to wax separately.

I use the two-bucket method when washing and fill a 25 litre bucket with the detergent, based on the recommended 20ml per 10 litres, I use 50ml per bucket. This product gives very little foaming/suds, and seems to be a mild detergent.

My alternative (and favourite) automative detergent is Bilt Hamber Auto-wash, (definitely worth a try) as I only need to use 10ml for the same 25 litre bucket and it out-performs Autoglym in terms of foaming and cleaning power for a near identical price point. I can really feel my microfibre sponge 'glides' and this helps avoid scratches and swirls.
on 26 April 2010
I like the Autogym product range for ease of use and professional finish. A small capful is all you need for a bucket. Not as cheap as some other products but will go further and gives a better finish.
on 12 November 2011
This product doesn't produce masses of suds unlike some shampoos but it does clean well and it leaves some protection from the elements. It's never going to be as good as a polish but it's good to know that between applications of polish a simple wash-and-go will provide some protection.
on 3 October 2010
One of the best I've used for on car. There are many alternatives but i trust the Autoglym brand as I use several of their products. Great price and great supplier service.
This is the first time I purchased this particular car wash, so was a little apprehensive. My car has a coating where you do not need to wax it as the water beads, so used the Supaguard treatment until it ran out. The reviews were mostly positive so decided to give it a go.

It is a very good car wash shampoo, only a very small amount is needed to lather up, if you live in a hard water area, then you will need a little bit more to get the lather. It washes the car well, removes the dirt and when rinsed off and dried, the car shines well. I have found that over a few months use, it gets easier to wash as if a coating has been applied and the dirt does not stick to it as much.

Always check the price, as it does come on offer quite often and that is the time to get it. I am not even a third way down yet and that is from my purchase September last year, washing 2 card a week, sometimes 3 when the sister in law brings her car for me to clean.
on 20 March 2014
It may seem a lot to stump-up at first, but a little goes a long way, as the saying goes. As recommended by Autoglym I have only used this car shampoo for the last couple of years or so, i.e., I don't just use whatever shampoo is available, and the difference really shows. This product is acutally a shampoo and conditioner and, after using this product for a while, it builds up a great protective layer on the bodywork, which would be stripped off by using other shampoo. Washing the car is now easier and the result far outweighs the effort for glimmering and shiney paintwork that repels the rain. I have an eight-year old car that stills looks great and, in my opinion, looks better than some newer cars on the street. Would have no hesitation recommending this product.
on 7 February 2014
Easy to use, and it leaves the paintwork nice and shiny which beads water weeks afterwards. Also means less frequent re-polishing required, which is welcome. Perhaps the smell is somewhat "different", and I'd be ccareful about leaving where little uns could get to it for this reason - it smells like fruit opr sweets, which could lead to an A&E visit. keep it on a shelf out of harms way and it's good. could maybe benefit from a childproof top?

Some people say Auto-glym stuff is overrated, and I can agree with some products, but this is better than your average wash, and I'll be buying again when this one runs out.