4.0 out of 5 stars Life in the old dog yet.
Indiana Jones is called back into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls.

So here it is, the fourth instalment of the Indiana Jones series is finally here, one of the most talked about, most anticipated, and most yearned for films is here to hopefully entertain the fans and...
Published 7 months ago by Spike Owen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible but it is all a bit average
Swapping the supernatural for the extraterrestrial (or interdimensional) and the morally clearcut 30s for the more divisive 50s, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull certainly isn't the war crime many on the internet would have you believe. It's certainly an unnecessary addition to the saga, but so were the rather dreary Last Crusade and the Young Indiana...
Published on 17 Dec. 2010 by Trevor Willsmer

‹ Previous | 130 31 3235 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars In true Indiana Jones tradition, 26 May 2009
I was a little disappointed by this film as I didn't expect Indiana Jones to have alien life forms in the film, but thats just me. On the plus side, it is all the action and swash-buckling adventure you would expect from Indiana Jones. Once I got over the heart break of the aliens, I realised what a great film it was. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Garbage, 9 Nov. 2008
Laurent T. Wright (Westcliff On Sea, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
Won't even let me give it zero stars!!!
Where to Start?!
Lazy writing; Bad CGI; no subtlety and a cast of thousand...missed opportunities.
from the outset - opening up with an Elvis Song - My, How orginal!! Not!
Chuck Berry' "riding along in my Automobile" would gave fitted.
The Gopher! Don't get me started
The warehouse: All you needed was a SUBTLE camera shot onot the ARK. Not the clumsy soom in on it. Again Sloppy filmwork. Might as well have put a great neon arrow pointing at it saying ARK HERE!
and then there's the stealing:
Swordfight on a Moving vehicle = Pirates of the Carib II (the wheel)
The Swinging idiot scene = Too many tarzan films to mention
Moving vehicles on a ledge = King Kong's Dino stampede
The end swirly thing = Mummy II
And now there's rumours that there will be a fifth one. Dear God! NO!
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - in fact the plague may be preferable!

1.0 out of 5 stars diabolical, 22 Aug. 2008
avoid this like the plague. In it's own way every bit as awful as the phantom menace. I was actually cringing in the cinemas as I watched it. The ending has to be seen to be believed (and not in a good way), think A.I, only worse.

2.0 out of 5 stars Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the PLASTIC skull?, 2 Feb. 2010
M. Rindsig - See all my reviews
I guess most of the reviewers have already written about the thin plot, so I'll not repeat that.

My 2 biggest dissapointments are these:

1. Too many lead actors/actresses
After the opening scene, Ford is almost anonymous, looking tired and indifferent while his co-lead actors struggle to steal the picture. A real pity.

2. A plastic skull?
For God's sake - with a budget like this, couldn't they at least afford a GLASS skull? It is obvious that the skull is made of plastic, when it keeps bopping around while the actors has to constantly remind themselves to pretend it is heavy. Embarassingly revealing in the car chase scene where the skull is repeatedly thrown from one to the other.

Please, don't bother with a follow-up... let us keep the memory of the magnificent first 3 movies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please for the love of god dont listen to the good reviews!!!!, 8 Nov. 2008
Ms. Rlr Foss "roob" (uk) - See all my reviews
This film was utter tripe, I am a huge fan of the original trilogy amd this is no where near in the same league...come on, swinging like tarzan...tosh. Giving it one star is being kind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a wasted opportunity, 15 Dec. 2008
E. Mccune - See all my reviews
Such a big let down. This film was very poor and is not worthy to sit alongside the other three Indiana Jones films. No wonder Sean Connery declined the offer to take part.

2.0 out of 5 stars So disapponited, 6 Nov. 2008
B. Cooper (england) - See all my reviews
I waited 19 years for this movie and this is what they gave me.
That sounds like I took it personally but by God I did. 'Last Crusade' was one of the first movies I ever saw in a cinema and then I went and sought out the other two on VHS (at the time) and I LOVE those films, simply love them.
When I heard there was a fourth inastalment coming I was cautiously optomistic for a chance to relive the Indy experience in a movie theatre, the trailer looked good, the hype was exciting... then came the film.
The opening was promising, a few nice in-jokes, some well shot action sequences... but then came the fridge.
I wont spoil it for those who havent seen it but I defy anyone to watch the fridge sequence and not say "Huh?"
And from there it was a roller-coaster of 'will it get better?' highs, to 'no it obviously wont' lows.
I didnt mind the aliens, it was set in 1950's America so it was always bound to be aliens, thats fine. What I objected to was the uneccesary characters fighting for screen time, the inexplicable CGH scene with Shia 'Tarzan' Labeouf and the general lack of pace or sustained excitement.
When Lucas released the new Stars Wars trilogy some old-school fans claimed he had "raped their childhood memories", which is a strong statement, and while I wouldnt go that far I do feel that I have been robbed of my nostalga regarding Indiana Jones in the cinema.
Why two stars? It still has a map with a red line tracing Indy's travels, the John Williams score and a shot of a fedora clad Indy in siloette - I owed it at least two.
Will I buy the DVD?
Well I have all of Steven Spielberg's films on DVD (even the pretty hopeless 'Amistad') so I probably will just to complete my collection but it will always be the one that I resent for taking up shelf space.
There has been talk of a Mutt based spin-off series or even a fifth outting for Indy... I beg of anyone who has influence in these things... NO.
At the end of the film there is a little sight gag regarding Indy's famous hat (a reproduction of which hangs on my dining room wall) and Labeouf's character - I wont give away the specifics but when I saw it I turned to the friends I was with and said "If he does it I'm going to walk out", and so I must say now - if they make a fifth film I will not go.

4.0 out of 5 stars Indy finally does the right thing..., 12 Nov. 2008
MayGoodComeToUs (Rome, Lazio, ITALY) - See all my reviews
He marries Marion at the end...Oooopppps! Did I give too much away? OK, now you know, he marries Marion at the end...Everyone is all upset about there being aliens in this movie but, think about it, when are we? The 1950's? Well, maybe this is an "American thing" but what "we" (not born yet but I've heard...) were all worried about was the Soviet Invasion and....aliens...What, you thought Area 51 was just something you saw on CSI-Vegas? I know it's weird but there it is...aliens....So, "historically", the whole alien theme "makes sense"...I'm not overjoyed with it either, but there it is, that's what was on people's minds in the US at the time....

I have to agree with those who said "hey, Indy, hat, whip, STILL GOT IT!" I fail to understand WHY people believe that they will be seeing High Art when they go to a film of this type. The first 3 weren't. Why should this one be? These are FUN movies, folks...Perhaps I can be this blase because I saw this film for "free" on a cruise ship but, frankly, even if I had had to pay the $100 or whatever it costs these days to see a film in the cinema, I would have known that I was going in for the fun that is Indiana Jones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Indy yet!, 31 May 2008
S. Getting "RPG" (England) - See all my reviews
Speilberg wants to know what the fans think of Indy 4, as to whether to make more. The answer is a resounding YES. The humour and action is typical Indy with a number of memorable scenes my favourite is in Area 51 and when they find the skull in the graveyard. Harrison looks great for 65 when wearing the Indy costume, if only he'd dye his hair.

Shia is primed for taking over the role, and he can pull it off with a new name. Mutt Williams is dodgy, Montana or Idaho Jones would be much better.

The story is not as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but is still strong enough to move the plot along from one action scene to the next.

Indy 5 - Should be set in Norway (snow), as the Jungle theme might wear thin if used again, although it is not as jungley as Raiders (start).

Overall another great return for the oldies, Stallone was fantastic in Rocky Balboa and Rambo as well. "They don't make them like they used to, kid" or should I say "Junior!".

5.0 out of 5 stars INDIANA JONES IS BACK, 9 July 2008
L. A. Conroy "ObiWanCon" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Harrison Ford is back as Indiana Jones the greatest archaeologist the world has ever known. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull sits along side the previous three movies very nicely only now Indy is in the 50's and the 50's are brought to life brilliantly by Steven Spielberg with great direction and cinematography of which you don't see in movies these days, this movie truly is an adventure to a different time a time when movies entertained you with pure and simple action and comedy, please watch this movie because this is something special of which we see very little of these days.

‹ Previous | 130 31 3235 | Next ›