5.0 out of 5 stars Great Surprises
Published on 9 Oct 2009 by M. Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars 'The Long Memory' DVD
My fault; I bought hastily without appreciating that, as a USA export, it would not play on my equipment. All's well though; I found 'The Long Memory' on the John Mills' box set and gave the other one to a friend who could play it. Ultimate satisfaction!
Published 12 months ago by Mrs. M. Syred

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Surprises, 9 Oct 2009
M. Hall "a Brit" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Mills - The Centenary Collection Icon Box Set [DVD] (DVD)
Loving old movies, particularly WW2 and military, I had to buy this set to get hold of "Morning Departure" - that was the start - the set is brilliant, yes I now have duplicates of some but in this set are some gems which I would not normally have purchased - The October Man, The History of Mr Polly, Great Expectations to name but three - sets like this teach you so much about the depth of talent that is John Mills - I can honestly say I have not seen him in a bad movie and he has made many - my earliest film with Mills in is Goodbye Mr Chips (not in this set) - if you like variety, if you enjoy a good yarn, if you respect a good performance, if you appreciate what we have probably lost in modern cinema - you will love this box set, and it is sold on Amazon at a cracking price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Collecting, 12 April 2011
This box set is yet another good set of films from john mills and i worth collecting. Its nice to spend a sunday afternoon relaxing watching one of these films. Well worth purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Great set....., 3 Dec 2013
I don't usually give 5 stars to sets and this was a contender until Flame in the Streets which is the last movie. All movies have subtitles, good transfers and the discs are one sided and well packaged. I also prefer movies in their original aspect ratio and this is where Flame in the Streets let the set down. A theatrical 2.35:1 presented as a 1.33:1...yuck. Overall a good set but true movie buffs may want to search for an alternate release of Flame in the Streets.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Mills must have!, 31 Dec 2013
Juan Carlos Mateo (UK) - See all my reviews
He did some very memorable films which are very worth buying and watching any time. Very under rated actor. Watch them and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Nov 2014
Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 April 2013
Fantastic, well worth the money, I have watched them over and over again, even my children love to watch them.

5.0 out of 5 stars box set, 11 Dec 2009
P. D. Lynch "monarch" (gt britain) - See all my reviews
a great collection of Sir John Mills finest films, i met Sir John a few years ago and we became good friends always talking about the films he made, he also signed his autobiography for me. a great star and sadly missed.so i was doubly pleased to get this box set, and will collect the rest in the near future.

3.0 out of 5 stars 'The Long Memory' DVD, 23 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Sep 2014
D. E. Gould - See all my reviews
Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars John Mills DVD's, 23 May 2014
Call me old fashioned if you want but I enjoyed every one of these films even though they were black & white except for one. I would just call these nice & relaxing films.

John Mills - The Centenary Collection Icon Box Set [DVD]