Size: 2 Bulb Compact Model|Change
Price:£86.16+ £9.95 shipping

on 12 February 2008
If you suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder this is really an amazing product.
Just position it next to your computer and switch on for a couple of hours per day.
My mood has just lifted, I just can't explain how much better I feel during the dark winter months.
I bought one of these a couple of months ago from SAD-SHOP. They have been so helpful. My life has just changed. Thank you
on 8 January 2009
I wish I had known about this product years ago. The LitePod was recommended by a friend and I cannot thank her enough. After just a couple of dark, grey Winter months I become unable to function during the day or to sleep at night. By the end of Winter I feel completely drained and miserable (my doctor suspects I'm a SAD sufferer). I've only had the LitePod for three weeks but I already feel the difference. This small Lightbox is light enough to be carried around from room to room if necessary but I try and use it for 1 hour or even 90 minutes everyday while I check my mail, sort the post, etc.I'm sleeping a little better at night and I have more energy during the day. My mood is improving and I feel better. Highly recommended.
on 9 January 2011
Bought this SAD light after much research online and discussion with friends in different parts of the UK (with fibromyalgia)who had bought different models. MY LIFE HAS CHANGED!!!!! This light has brought a whole new brightness to my winters of discontent! I didn't realise just how bad I was until this little box arrived and put not only light into my life but also a spring in my step! I feel so much more energy - just like in the summer months. My tears and sadness of early december when I was considering a trip to the doctors to 'up' my dose of anti-depressants have gone and been replaced with the original ME!! I knew I was really a positive person, not this miserable person who couldn't cope with any aspect of daily life that had arrived yet again - all due to lack of sunlight! In fact, the word 'winter' was banned years ago in my house 'cos it made me feel bad!! I have only one point to make, I would have liked a handle to carry it from room to room but it's nothing compared to the benefit this light has brought me and my friends and family who don't have to worry about me being a pain and crying all over the place!

Thank you, thank you, thank you..... and get some message to all the GP's in the UK - light NOT drugs is a good way forward!!!
on 13 April 2009
I toyed with buying a lightbox for years, and was always put off by the high costs. I eventually bought this product from this seller shortly before Xmas 2008. In a nutshell, IT WORKS. I started by putting it at arms length and off to one side every morning for about 45 mins while I checked emails etc. I noticed:

1. I immediately felt more alert and awake, due I think to the brightness of the light.
2. I was really upbeat for the rest of that day.

I've stopped using it now as the days are brighter but I still don't feel as good so I'm going to keep using it through till summer.

This really has helped me as I suffered terribly from SAD before. It's not cheap but it's more than worth it.
on 20 February 2008
Both my partner and I have found this product very useful with regards to combatting the lethargy, and general 'Sunday afternoon' feeling of dreary cloudy days. It produces a white light, which though very intense, is not actually glaring or distracting as it has a heavily frosted diffuser, it also is very sturdily built - surviving a recent accidental drop of about 2 feet without a mark or any broken tubes. Its' compact design makes it very easy to stow into small corners when not in use, & though the top end does get warm when it's been on for a while this is never too hot to touch.

I would sincerely recommend this product to anyone suffering the cloudy day blues.
on 19 January 2009
I suffer from SAD and it exacerbates an anxiety disorder which troubles me from time to time. The light box helps (I was really scetpical), but its NOT the same as sunshine. If you find the dark days tough, get a light box of some kind. It takes the edge off. Also get some outdoor exercise.

The Litepod has a 1.5-2hr treatment time according to the paperwork that comes with it., not 45 min as I've read on other sites. Do you have 2 hrs to sit infront of a lamp? I like the compact size of this lamp. And the longer treatment time means its not as bright, which is good for my wife who is not happy about the powerful, pale light in the living room.

I've had mine for 28 days. One of the rubber feet has fallen off and today I had to arrange to return it as the on/off switch is broken.

If I lost this lamp I'd buy another one with a shorter treatment time, I basically have this one on all the time.
on 15 January 2011
I have suffered from SAD for as long as I can remember (I am 41) and this box has cured me.
I bought this box in september 2010 and have used it for about 2 or 3 days a week while using the computer or tidying the kitchen or doing paperwork for about 1-2 hours a time, I "know" when my brain senses that it has had enough light and turn it off.
I had a open mind when I bought it but I thought it was worth a try as last winter was very depressing for me.
This winter after using the light box I have absolutely no SAD symptoms even though I was sick with flu for two weeks at christmas.
I only use it when the children are at school as the light is quite bright, but you just angle it slightly away so you are not looking directly at it, but I would not be sure that my young children would do this.
The lite pod is sturdy and a very convenient size and has taken a few knocks with no problem.
I recommend it to friends and family as I feel that I can now talk about SAD as the box has helped me overcome it.
on 15 February 2010
I've suffered for years with low level depression in the winter and I finally decided to try light therapy. I am really impressed, within a few days I am sleeping better, am calmer and my mood has definitely stabilised towards being positive. The Litepod is excellent value. It is light but not flimsy, easy to carry from room to room and I find it isn't a problem to use daily while checking email etc. It does seem to work with around 45 minutes daily exposure and the time soon passes at the computer. I would highly recommend this product, it seems like a lot of money to spend, but it's worth it.
on 9 January 2010
I bought this for my husband to use in the office and I cannot emphasise enough what a difference it made to him in the space of 3-4 days! He very quickly felt that the energy he seemed to be lacking had returned and then some!
He uses it every morning for a couple of hours and even brings it home at weekends to contnue with this pattern. The benefit that I am getting without using this product myself is that he does the ironing at home when having his weekend sessions. Everyone is a winner!Lite Pod Sad Light - Compact SAD Lightbox - S.A.D.
on 30 December 2010
If you are buying this type of product for someone with SAD I would advise you opt for this product rather than a cheaper model. Firstly it is medically approved & licenced for the treatment of SAD, secondly it is very well made and the light is extremely bright and consistent -it lights up the whole room! & with no flickering, and thirdly (coupled with positive thoughts and outdoor exercise)it has helped to improve mood and sence of wellbeing. Advise using AM e.g while eating breakfast and PM on return from work with a cuppa -on a daily basis. Oh and the cat likes it too!