4.0 out of 5 stars Emporia Life Plus Easy
I bought this phone for my mother. Her eyesight is poor and her hands are arthritic. She finds the phone much easier to use and manipulate than her previous phones. The phone is solid, sturdy and appears well made.
I had to purchase an adaptor as the phone charger supplied had a european plug.
I had to download and print the English version of the user manual...
Published on 3 Jun 2010 by Amanda Forbes

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money
Published on 20 Jan 2011 by Graham Berry

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, 20 Jan 2011
Graham Berry - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I have purchased 3 Emporia life phones the first, for my wife who has learning difficulties , and the other two for elderly relatives . one broke after a year , the speaker packed in , second one packed in completely just after .the third lasted just over 2 years ,and the speaker gave out on that one too , got no reply from the makers ,when I asked if they could be repaired and the suppliers just said I should contact the makers ,and there was nothing they could do ,as they do not repair them .
its a shame as the phones are great in use although the biuld quality is not the best ,I would expect a mobile in this price range to at least last 2-3 years .
I know this must sound a bit like a rant ,but seriousely ,for around 169 I expect more reliability . would,nt you ????

4.0 out of 5 stars Emporia Life Plus Easy, 3 Jun 2010
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I had to purchase an adaptor as the phone charger supplied had a european plug.
I had to download and print the English version of the user manual as the one supplied was in German. The user manual is easy to follow.
A useful feature of phone allows you to text contact details to the phone in a certain format; these are then automatically updated into the phone's address book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emporia Life Plus - just recommendable, 20 Nov 2009
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
This is the second Emporia Life phone I bought. Obviously I was very pleased with the first one, but the 'Plus' is even better, to start of , it looks nicer, but most importantly, the big buttons and big screen make it so easy to operate and the 'Lifeline button' gives you that extra security. Absolutely recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars SOS SOS SOS, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I bought my elderly Father this phone and I have been driven mad ever since. It is indeed an ideal phone for the elderly or those with vision problems. My gripe is the emergencey big red button on the back. My Da would set this alarm off continuously, initially the Gardai (police) would get in touch to see if all was ok. Eventually I managed to disable this function so I would receive the SOS instead. And I have received it everyday to this day. My Da puts the phone in his shirt pocket and there appears to be no sort of phone/button lock. He is also fed up with the emergencey alarm activating. So now we are on the lookout for a reasonably priced phone with no emergencey/SOS function. Any ideas?

5.0 out of 5 stars Emporia Life Plus Easy to Use Mobile Phone, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
Does everything my old Emporia Life phone did, and looks a lot more up-to-date with the silver casing. So nice at my age (78!) not having to learn the layout etc of a new phone. The big number keypad and the ability to choose size of text on the display makes it a joy to use (I'm registed blind with limited centre vision only)

1.0 out of 5 stars o'k if you can speak German!, 9 July 2009
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
A good well made simple phone for the elderly or disabled, but the instructions are in German only and the charger only has a continental fitting plug, so I had to go out and buy an adaptor and figure out how to use it myself, VERY POOR FOR A PHONE COSTING THIS MUCH !!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke already!!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
We got the phone a couple of weeks ago and it has already broken!! The phone shops around cannot do anything!!! What is the address as we want to send it back nd will expect a refund,replacement or repair!! As it it obviously a faulty phone

4.0 out of 5 stars emporia life mobile, 4 Nov 2012
This review is from: Emporia Life Plus Easy To Use Mobile Phone (Electronics)
I found this item quite good considering my degree of hearing impairment
the only problem I have found is the back is very difficult to remove.
It seems to hold a good charge too