on 10 February 2009
Picture looked better than product - not very soft fleece and difficult to keep in place.
on 6 December 2012
I purchased this product for the use of a balaclava with snood. When this product arrives it is basically a balaclava with toggles. In order to get it to look like the picture you need to turn up the bottom half of the balaclava inside to form the snood. On the packaging demonstrates the 3 uses of this item. When you receive this, there is a funky diesel smell, but after one wash its fine. Once I formed the balaclava snood I noticed despite using the toggles the snood does fall down, I fixed this by using bond-a-web which works like a treat, but you cant use the hat for other uses. In terms to warmth and protection I found the breeze still got through the material not a lot but after a 20 minute walk to work in a 1 degree temp my ears and mouth were a little cold. In the end I am just using it for a snood to cover my mouth and ears not my head, as it serves better as a neck warmer. Although this was an improvement over not wearing anything it seems just a little short of being a decent balaclava snood which is why I gave this 3 stars.
on 21 September 2012
When I recieved this product it didn't look as it does in the picture, however after speaking to the supplier they described how to sort this issue.
When it arrives the snood is 1 long piece, so to get it to look as it does you need to roll the bottom half up inside as there is a piece of stitching at the bottom
for where your nose goes. Many thanks for the explanation
on 26 September 2012
When i first saw the product here i thought "Perfect!" However, upon opening and trying on it is HUGE! The toggle to tighten the balaclava tightens it temporarily before loosening again. Additionally, the picture seemed to suggest a detachable snood feature which i wanted the most, but no i was mistaken (probably my fault though). It also has a smell. Sure every new item has a smell, but whilst wearing the snood over the nose you inhale a faintly chemically smell, which is most unpleasant.
on 26 November 2012
Perhaps not the trendiest of looks, but who cares it keeps your nose and ears warm without the need for constant readjustment. Just pull up the cord and your all set to go. Now I just need a pair of wind- goggles to cover my eyes and I'm done!
on 8 August 2014
What I like about this is it acts as both a hood and a scarf (if you drop the hood) but a scarf you you don't have to tie a knot, and has the option to cover your mouth in cold weather without losing warmth from the neck. For those that I have seen from reviews not sure how it works, just turn the bottom up inside the hood for the across the mouth aspect.
on 27 August 2012
Please note that it looks like the person doing the video does not know how to put it on to make it look and fit as in the picture on the decryption. The bottom bit that she says needs to sits ruffled around the neck needs to come back up to create the mouth guard.
on 4 September 2014
Good quality,standard polyester fleece, lower bit rolls up inside to create face mask, bit tight going over the head(big ears!), but once on, feels comfy and large enough to have a wooly hat underneath if necessary
on 25 October 2013
The product I was sent is not even the same as in the image - there were no toggles for adjusting. Really cheap material doesn't help. Overall think toilet paper would work better. Save your cash.
on 12 November 2009
Not as warm as I would like it to be, especially in windy conditions, but a great base layer.