on 7 June 2015
well it certainly rang my bell for me good quality bicycle bell just like the bells that they used on the old post office bikes just looks the part and its affordable at the price would buy this again .
on 10 December 2015
The strap part could have done with being a bit wider for my handlebar. Bit touch and go. Also need to get to the bottom of the thumb handle thing coming off. Suspect it was housemate not dodgy craftmanship. Will keep you updated
on 25 November 2015
It's a good looking, fairly robust bell.
Loud it isn't.
It is not any louder than a "ping bell", though it will probably last longer and looks to be of better build quality (time will tell). To be fair, it is also not much more expensive than a ping, but I hoped for something a bit more audible.

Edit after having had it for a while:
Just revised the rating down from 3 starts to 2. After ~2 months, the bell was not working half the time (not a "ring" just a hollow ping), and by now, 3-odd months after purchase, it has failed completely.
Yes, it is cheap. It's not loud, and apparently the build quality also isn't great.
on 14 May 2016
A very traditional sounding bell and brings out good karma! It seems to please pedestrians rather than annoy them, I've even had people smiling and saying hello rather than being grumpy. Pedestrians hear it well in advance, with a ping bell they don't hear it till you're almost on top of them. I had an issue fitting it to modern fat bars but got there in the end.
on 21 January 2011
This photo is misleading.
The product I received was totally different from this photo image.
The one I've got is ugly and too big for my BMX.
If I knew that the design is different from the image, I would not buy it.
I was very disappointed.
on 2 April 2011
the bell i ordered is totally different to the one i received. the supply dealer needs
to change the picture or at least give me my money back .very poor form for amazon
on 19 October 2015
People saying it doesn't look like the picture I ordered through Amazon via EU S.a.r.l and it looks exactly the same.
on 3 September 2015
Bought this as a musical instrument for songs when a bicycle bell is needed (there are a few). Sounds great and feels robust. Very happy with this purchase.
on 28 January 2016
So pleased with this item at such a reasonable price that I bought 3 in total.. Easy to fit, loud enough for purpose and very shiny and retro look
on 12 May 2016
How the bell is, can only attach it to my left handle bar. Other than that it rings nicely and people move out of the way for me!