5.0 out of 5 stars For a high price it's good, for this price it's amazing!
I bought this headset from Game a few months ago, there was an offer on it making it only £15 when bought with a game and as I had £54 credit and was buying a new game anyway I figured, why not.
Published on 15 Jun. 2009 by Robert Hennah

2.0 out of 5 stars Fits well, but can be fiddly & my son no longer uses
Bought this device on the strength of the reviews on Amazon & alongwith comments about the official headset being uncomfortable.

I bought this for my 10 year old son, he tried to use it, but found it confusing - he didnt really know when it was working and when it wasn't working. He did find it comfortable, but knowing when it was working properly was a...
Published on 15 Nov. 2011 by smartyPants

5.0 out of 5 stars For a high price it's good, for this price it's amazing!, 15 Jun. 2009
Robert Hennah (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
I got it home and charged it up over three hours, it's a long time but that is due to the trickle charge through a usb cable. This is convenient in the long run as you can keep the cable with your PS3 and plug the headset in for a quick charge after a gaming session (as recommended in the instructions), doing this also means that the piece may not become completely devoid of charge and so shouldn't take 3 hrs to charge up in future.

The headset was a breeze to setup with my PS3. My PS3 is connected to the internet using wi-fi but there were no interference problems affecting my internet or my playstation network login.

There can be some sound interference, however, if the preferences are set correctly in the PS3 audio menu this can be drastically reduced, I have my audio levels at medium level 3, there is slight interference but I find this comforting as it is not enough to annoy but enough to let me know that the ear piece is functioning properly even when no-one is saying anything.

The design of the ear piece makes it comfortable to wear, I'm no stranger to head sets, I use a barracuda headset on my pc as well as having used others throughout the years including bluetooth headsets for my mobile phones and this is one of the more comfortable pieces I have experienced wearing, it can be worn for long periods without causing pain or discomfort.

My only gripe with this piece is that there is no way to check the charge level. The indicator will flash green if the charge is low or be at blue if it is not low but that is it. A visual charge bar like that used for the six axis controllers would be useful but there isn't one.

I've read alot of reviews and they seem very mixed, the negatives I have read state that this hardware can be difficult to pair, have alot of sound interference, affect internet and controller connections, breaks easy and is uncomfortable.

My personal opinion refutes most of these claims. I am an avid gamer and have been for over 15 years, I consider myself knowledgable in hardware and experienced in gaming issues etc.

This ear piece is easy to pair even if you have never done this before, the instructions are clear, short and precise....ina a word, easy. The sound interference is minimal and certainly acceptable but make sure you set the audio settings to meet your needs and preferences! One could eliminate the interference completely by using a low level setting. The ear piece has not affected any of my network or internet connections, my controller has functioned perfectly so no negative affects there either. The ear piece seems durable, and I have used it regularly for the last 5, 6, months or more, so it is not easily breakable or fragile. The layer of foam between the ear piece and the wearer's ear makes it comfortable to wear for short or long periods of time. The mouth piece can be angled to pick up sounds better, whether you prefer to have to shout so as not to activate the mic too frequently by accident or perhaps if you prefer it to pick up a whisper before it leaves your lips.

I highly recommend this piece of hardware to anyone, casual or veteran gamers alike. At such a low price to not buy such a brilliant piece of equipment that adds so much entertainment value to your gameplay experience would be criminal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then expected ! MUST READ, 16 Jan. 2010
Peter Coolen (Belgium) - See all my reviews
*Read this ! *

I was looking for a nice bluetooth headset to chat online with my friends. At first I was going for the Logitech Vantage headset, but they were out of stock on most of the e-shops. So I started looking for another headset and I bumped on this one.

I've seen every single review of this product on the web, and they were really divided into 2 groups (70 % good ratings, 30% bad ratings).
I must say I'm very impressed by this piece of equipment, I thought I bought something that wouldn't pair with my ps3, referring to the bad reviews, but I had no problems at all, really easy to pair and nice instructions !

Then about the static some people are complaining about, this doesn't annoy at all, really ! It's a nice indicator that reminds you if you're headset is recording your sound or not !

Although the headset looks very fragile and it looks like it can break every second, it doesn' ;D unless you smash it into your wall or something.

My friend's can hear me really good (I need to max the mic though), and I have no problem at all hearing them, really it works as it should be working.

I really recommend this headset, and I assure you, the good reviews are right about this product ;) and I'm very pleased to have this one as my headset.

greetings

5.0 out of 5 stars what are people complaining about?, 26 Jan. 2009
Evan (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
This piece of kit is awesome! Sound is clear as day, it's lightweight and isn't in anyway uncomfortable to wear, in fact you almost forget its on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 30 Oct. 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
At this price it's a steal. The comfort is much better than my bluetooth headset which cost me 40 quid. On that subject, tried it with my iphone and it worked great. interference is there now and again, but I think you would get that with any bluetooth headset??? Pairing with the PS3 is a breeze and battery life hasn't been an issue

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bluetooth headset, 2 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
This is a decent little headset and i was so impressed i bought two!
I bought this not to use on the ps3 but on windows 7. Simple to do just download the WIDCOMM bluetooth software off the net, install, pair and away you go!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and efficient, 26 Dec. 2012
M. Ratkoceri (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
I have had this headset for 3 years now. This product is cheap and works well. The set up was a bit tricky but once it was up and running it worked perfectly. There are three things that are important in a headset. Comfort, sound quality and durability.

Comfort- It is comfortable no more no less. It has 2 ear loops included so you can change which ear the headset itself stays on. It is light so it doesn't dig into your skin and the ear loop material is a nice matt finished plastic that does not collect dust or get dirty. The speak that is on your ear has a soft material that does not irritate the ear. Overall it is a comfortable headset.

Sound quality- I have used other headsets that are almost double the price of this one and there seems to be no difference in sound quality. You can't expect crystal clear audio quality but you can easily hear what is being spoken. I also have been on the other end of a headset and heard what the mic sounds like on this headset and again the sound quality is good, not amazing.

Durability- As i said previously i have had this headset for 3 years and it has had a fair share of bumps and knocks. It has been between the sofa pillows it has been sat on many times and it has been thrown a couple of times. To this day i cannot find a scratch or dent on the surface of it. The ear loop is extremely flexible and almost impossible to break. The material is plastic with a glossy finish. I wouldn't call the material premium but it could be worse.

So overall this is a PS3 essential. If you're looking for a first time headset don't go for a £50 plus headset get this and really see if you need a headset.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, 28 Dec. 2010
Reece Brown (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
Firstly, I had to rate this as a game, which is rather odd. (Rated 5 stars as a product any-who)

It's a amazing headset. Firstly, the output audio is clear and easy to hear. The only issue with the output is how the other person may sound. Which is the other devices issue. Then the input audio. The quality is so clear, with no distortion of any kind. I'd been lent a Sony Bluetooth Headset Device a few days prior to buying this, which was as clear as this device, the only difference being that, that was made by Sony themselves.

This device is clear with both input and output, simple, and (in my opinion) more comfortable than the Sony Bluetooth headset device. Also, this being much cheaper. It's a easy choose, and works perfectly.

The only issue I had with this device is setting it up with the PS3 (Which was my own fault).
I had decided to throw away the instructions on how to set this up, which was stupid of me. It clearly does state how to do it, and makes it so simple to do.
With the official PS3 Sony bluetooth device, all you do is plug it into the PS3 and then it's synced with that system. I thought it would be the same with this too (without consulting the instructions).

If you lose the instructions, or throw them like I did, it's simple to sync it. Go into the settings, then bluetooth connections, then simply hold the button on the bluetooth device for 5-10 seconds, which will make it flash between blue and green. Once it's then in that state, search for devices, and your bluetooth device should be found.

All in all, to round up, it's a amazing device. Cheap, simple and easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, cheap alternative, 23 Jun. 2011
J. Walls - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
I purchased this for my brother, I already have the official ps3 headset however with that being very expensive I decided to buy him this cheaper one, he's only had it a few days but so far overall it's very good.

Pros:
- cheap (cost)
- good quality speaker
- good quality mic (no complaints so far)
- rechargeable !!
- easy to set up

Cons:
- not a perfect fit to the ear
- no adjustable earpiece, i.e. For smaller ears it cannot be adjusted, however there is another eat piece to swap between ears.

Also comes with charger cable and set up guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars best headset i've used, 6 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
Looks like a hit or miss product given the reviews however i have had seven headset over the years ranging from Nokia to Jawbone and do feel this is the most comfortable headset i have ever used, and not intrusive into my ear-hole with is a bonus after hours of gameplay.

Although I have experienced static from time to time i have found out this could be a isp issue with broadband bandwidth from other online users as this has happened with all my headsets. It could also be something to do with the constant firmware updates by Sony that do seem of late to change the sensitivity of my mic even if i use my £120 jawbone headset which is meant to be used by the US military! Other than the design which i like as it suits my gaming set up, I do think Jawbone wins hands down for detail.

The most amazing fact is though the price, at under £20 i wish i had brought this first as it would have saved me a lot of money over the last couple of years! Would recommend as a great buy and is now my most used headset especially online. It also seems to work better with the End War demo even than the Sony headset as i need to speak much more loudly to get my commands actioned which can be annoying (although this might be to do with me having an US import!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Gioteck bluetooth headset (ps3), 3 Nov. 2009
L. Vitalis (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) (Video Game)
This headset is great for gameing online with the ps3, would recommend to ps3 owners an easy setup.

Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3)
Gioteck EX-01 Bluetooth Headset (PS3) by Gioteck (PlayStation 3)