2.0 out of 5 stars Much better cloth nappies out there..., 6 July 2012
This review is from: Bambino Mio Cotton Nappy, Print (Newborn >5kg) (Baby Product)
Bambino Mio seem to be very popular due to good marketing, but having tried a few different types of reusable nappy alongside this one, I don't rate them highly. They are also quite expensive compared to other brands of prefold nappy. They're not the most leak-proof or absorbant, or even the easiest to use. I much preferred the type of nappy that fastens around baby's waist inside the wrap (cover), this is just a piece of slightly padded material that you fold into thirds (rectangle shape) and it sits loose inside the wrap - so more chance of leaks, and I imagine on a crawling baby there's a risk of it slipping/moving about. I preferred folding it in such a way that I could fasten the sides around baby's waist using a nappy nippa, but now she's 2 months old the nappies are a bit small for this and not absorbant enough.

The wrap is very cute (I got a multi-coloured stars design), but I found the velcro strip & tabs on the front quite large and stiff and I thought it looked quite uncomfortable next to my newborn baby's tummy - I have other brands of wrap which are much softer.

I wouldn't recommend these to be honest - cloth nappies have moved on a lot in the last few years, and there's much better options available. I only use my Bambino mio's as spares if all the other nappies are in the wash, but they are handy as changing mat covers! Personally I would only consider using prefold nappies such as these for the first few weeks, until baby's grown into the bigger (and more absorbant) 2-part or one-size nappy types. But I wouldn't buy Bambino Mio again, they're far too expensive!! Go for a cheaper brand if you must use prefolds! Perhaps check out The Nappy Lady's website for advice.

3.0 out of 5 stars next size up please..., 26 May 2012
Babies grow so fast and you constantly need to buy the next size up so I find this product works out expensive in the long run. Get some leaks but the plastic wraps look great.

Bambino Mio Cotton Nappy, Print (Newborn >5kg)