Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 February 2008
I really like this CD. Its nice to hear the old Jack Johnson, with a relaxed and laid back feel to the music, but with an electric guitar and some drums and stuff. Its got a new feel to it, but he hasnt lost any of the individuality of his music. A good listen and I'd reccommend it.
on 29 August 2015
great quality good listen, fast service.
on 24 February 2008
Miss this one. A talented artist, short of material has churned out an album that offers the same old stuff revamped. I can see how this happens, blame the label for cashing in, not Jack.
on 14 August 2008
I didnt mind the record but it is not good as previous, not keen on hope your not alone is jack related to Laura Johnson, altogether not bad though
on 6 February 2015
Just wonderful ! Thanks Jack.
on 8 March 2008
The thing I like about Jack Johnson is he consistently knocks out great track after great track. After five albums his style has wavered little - easily proven by making a playlist of all five albums and sticking it on random.

The lyrics on this album are beautiful. You can't help but be absorbed in his words - these words never clouded by a big band- but accompanied by a simple guitar melody. The lyrics on the very short track Angel are so beautiful - no need to make the song longer - he said wanted to say - concisely and poetically - brilliant.

Many artists change their style over time - and succeed. But why change when your formula is so good.

Nice one Jack - keep them coming.
on 28 February 2008
The guy has a great voice and some really good lyrics but this is a bedroom musician's album. There is no dynamic to it and it took all the steel I had to complete two run throughs; if I had done a third I would have gone into an unrecoverable coma.
on 11 September 2008
I'll get straight to the point here: very, very boring and samey. Ordinary to the max. Die-hard JJ lovers will probably lap it up, but others - myself included - who expected something a little more hype-worthy and out-of-the-ordinary, will be left with a kind of blank "Oh, so that's it" expression on their faces if they didn't pay for it, and a sour taste in their mouths if they did. Try before you buy.
on 7 February 2008
This is the first Jack Johnson album I've purchased. I've obviously heard of him before but never actually been motivated to buy his music and see what it's like for myself and after listening to this album I can't think why?

This album is absolutely excellant and I love his soft rock/soul/acoustic style its just the type of music I love and after hearing this album I just had to go out and get his other albums!

Great album & it's a must-have!!
on 21 August 2014