Price:£6.61+ Free shipping

on 24 April 2010
Really blown away by this product.

I have a 3 year old oven with which I have been really, really lazy - and have only cleaned perhaps once a year using a few of the big-name products you find in supermarkets. Each clean managed to remove recent fat & splatter, and stopped the smoke/smell from previous cooking sessions (!), but I started to notice streaks of dark-brown burnt-on grease over much of the sides and bottom that nothing would shift. I could reduce it a bit with some elbow-grease and a scourer, but I was concerned that it could damage the oven surface.

This stuff shifted it all, 95% in the first go where I covered everything, and the remainder in a second, more targeted, attempt at the remaining spots. My oven now looks almost as good as new. Plenty left in the bottle for future cleans.

You have to spread the gel on using a brush while wearing gloves, but, unlike other cleaners, there are no fumes or smells. You then wipe off the brown mucky gel using a damp cloth. The muck & gel rinses easily from the cloth in warm water. We're also told it's biodegradable.

I couldn't recommend Oven Mate more highly. Everything else now seems such a con!

P.S. Extra tip: soak your oven shelf/grills in a sink full of hot water and one washing powder tablet. The brown grease comes off with minimal wiping effort. Shiny like new.
22 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 November 2010
A brilliant product, it has restored my oven as new.
If you have a double oven you will need two of the bottles.
Also instead of using a cloth, I have used paper kitchen towels, as the cloth cannot be washed and re-used once it is full of black gunge.

If your oven is in bad state like mine was, the longer you leave the gel to work, the easier is to clean it. About four hours should be fine. Don't apply the gel all over, but do it in 3 or 4 sections. Do the front first, then by the time you get to the back of the oven your arms will be in the clean part of the oven.

All in all, I am pleased with the results. Other products I've tried don't come close.
on 11 February 2012
Like others here I've tried just about every product on the market for oven cleaning , I've spent between 4 and 6 hours in the past with a brillo pad and elbow grease, and sweat , and back ache. I was ready to call in one of those appliance cleaning specialist franchises that use powerful industrial chemicals.

BUT.

I've just used this on a 6 year old Bosch double oven and almost wept with joy when it actually got rid of the baked on hard black crud. This is seriously good stuff. Just paint it on and squish it about, leave it alone for a short while and it actually dissolves the hard glass like coating. I can't describe how satisfying a feeling it is when you wipe that up with a cloth and all the black gooey mess comes away with it. My oven is actually grey inside again. Like new. No kidding.

Got this through Spares 2 Go and it was as good as buying from Amazon direct. Fast free delivery etc. Go for it if you're thinking about it. It actually works. I'm stocking up.

Tip during use. Brush away from yourself and start on the top surface. Oh and mind your eyes because it's serious stuff.
on 25 June 2010
As others have said, this product really does do what it claims to do, BUT I would offer a word of caution. The kit comes with gloves, but they're barely long enough to cover the wrist, and if this stuff gets on your skin, it really does burn, as I found to my cost. I would advise wearing 'proper' rubber or similar gloves which are longer in the wrist, thus protecting the arms.
on 8 March 2008
This stuff is superb!!
I thought I'd get a bottle just to try it out- and I certainly wasn't disappointed.
You may need to use it on stubborn areas more than once- but your oven will come up a treat.
I can't recommend this product enough!!!
on 15 October 2011
I have never submitted a review on Amazon before but after using this product for the first time I had to write one. My oven has not been cleaned for an embarassingly long time, not through lack of effort on my part, but simply because I have struggeled to find a product that can get it really clean. I must have spent a fortune over the years trying different products and spent hours scrubbing away at it but never again! The first application took 90% of the dirt off and the rest came off the second time. I was hesitant about leaving it on for too long at first but I needn't have worried. My oven will never look "as new" simply because it isn't but I am no longer ashamed of the state of it and will never buy any other oven cleaning products again.
on 22 October 2011
I have been using this product for a number of years and this is the first time I bought it through Amazon. Of all the oven cleaners this is the best. Just brush on and leave (following instructions) then wash off with soapy water, easy peasy. Leaves oven sparkling. No nasty smells just lovely clean oven, looking like new. This cleaner is great for using on oven proof dishes that get burnt-on splashes during cooking.Just brush gel on and leave for a couple of hours and it will come off easily with a little bit of steel wool. Brilliant!
on 24 May 2010
I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW BEFORE, BUT I WAS THAT IMPRESSED WITH THIS PRODUCT I HAVE BEEN TELLING EVERYONE. I APPLIED THE SOLUTION AND LEFT IT FOR 3 HOURS (MY OVEN WAS IN A BAD WAY), WHEN I CAME TO REMOVE IT, i WOULD SAY IT REMOVED 95% IN THE FIRST GO (HAD TO REAPPLY ON THE TOUGHER STAINS). NOW IT IS LIKE NEW. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT TRIED IT ON THE OVEN RACKS, BUT I IMAGINE IT TO WORK JUST AS WELL, THE ONLY DOWN SIDE HAVING TO PAINT IT ONTO THE RACKS WILL BE A BIT TIME CONSUMING.

I WILL DEFINATLEY BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN REGARDLESS OF PRICE...GOING TO TACKLE THE BBQ NEXT.
on 22 September 2011
I brushed some on the inside of the glass door before going to bed. The next day I wiped it down and 95% was removed not bad as it had not been cleaned for A YEAR! Repeated procedure now the door is like new. I can only repeat the some of the sentiments expressed in other reviews. IT IS THE BEST end of story.
on 29 May 2012
Delivery:
The oven cleaner was packaged & delivered within the time slot stated by amazon,no problems
on delivery from amazon once again.

Contents:
Inside your box you`ll find a 500ml bottle of oven cleaner,a small plastic brush & a pair of thin
plastic applicator gloves,that`s all you need,trust me.

In-use:
I`ll tell you from now,I use this product with Oven pride oven cleaner as,the OP is better
at cleaning the racks & tray/s,(I`ve posted a review on the oven pride as well on here).
So Oven Mate is used to only clean the inside of the oven,that`s the sides,bottom,door & the
glass in the door,& don`t forget the little light up top.

This solution is excellent on these items,as soon as you`ve applied some,you can rub some of
the brunt on food off,no seriously,it`s that good.I do use the gloves(they don`t last long though)
when I `m applying the solution & the little brush,of course you can use your own,which would be
safer & in the case of the brush,quicker.

Conclusion:
In combination with oven pride,the pair are Five Stars,as a stand alone product to clean the inside
of your oven,four(& 1/2 really)stars,highly recommended,thank you for reading.