5.0 out of 5 stars Pumptastic
Throw away your muscle-aching hand pump. Stamp out your foot pump.

This is the only pump you'll ever need and I'm so glad I bought this Beto Track Pump.

I read some of the reviews which showed both positive and negative comments but I went with my gut feeling and bought one.

Today (June 21st) I used the Beto Track Pump for the first time...
Published 22 months ago by Karl Robbins

1.0 out of 5 stars Good pump ruined by useless connector
This seemed be a well made product and made a promising first impression. Unfortunately, however, adaptor unit is prone to malfunction with the plastic moulded 'two-in-one' connector proving hopelessly unreliable.
Published 23 months ago by Keith Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Pumptastic, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
Throw away your muscle-aching hand pump. Stamp out your foot pump.

Today (June 21st) I used the Beto Track Pump for the first time since buying it a few days ago, as I changed my MTB tyres from Off-Road to Road.

Initially, I found it difficult to attach the Adaptor as the instructions showed the positions of the adaptor lock. Could I get the adaptor to stay on? No way.

So I decided to do the opposite of what the instructions stated and yes, it stayed on and locked. So, if you do purchase this Beto Track Pump, disregard what the instructions say and do the opposite - Open is Locked and Closed is Unlocked.

So, with the Beto Track Pump securely fitted to my tyre, I set the PSI needle to 45psi and started pumping. Literally, within a minute or so, my tyre was inflated to 45psi with no effort whatsoever felt on my arms and I moved immediately onto my 2nd tyre and inflated that within the same time. Again, without no effort felt on my arms - unlike the hand-pump, which after a short time, your arms would be tired and probably only inflated 15psi.

This Beto Track Pump is very well made, sturdy and has a couple of clips built-on to keep the hose secured to the pump when not in use. The adaptor does not leak from the other hole when attached properly to your tyre.

If you want a decent pump, look no further than this item. You'll be glad you made the purchase ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pump, great price!, 25 April 2010
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
After reading the various reviews didn't quite know what to expect.

I am really pleased however though. The pump works great. Having no problems with the double valve system. I have got a bikes with presta and schrader valves and can switch between them seamlessly, without adapters.

Have been pumping to 100psi no problems.

Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure!!!, 4 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
"I don't need a track pump" I thought. Wrong! It's impossible (or very difficult) to get enough pressure into a road bike tyre with a regular hand pump. I just pushed the nozzle onto the valve, flicked the locking lever and pumped a few times... Hey presto 100psi. Now I'm almost certain to win the next Tour de France. Good, sturdy and easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good pump ruined by useless connector, 20 May 2013
Keith Lucas "luke_armstrong" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
It just about managed to inflate my bicycle tyres with presto valves, but I had to stop the air from escaping around the valve with my fingers then quickly remove the adaptor before the air escaped again. Unfortunately, with schraeder valves it was even worse and let all the air out of my car tyre but simply would not pump any back in! ...it blocked or leaked and refused to cooperate. And this was just the second time I had used it!
It might just be a rogue unit, but the supplier was uncontactable and the car incident did not happen until after Amazon's 30 days return period had expired. I have also heard similar depressing reports from others... so beware!
If you do buy one I would urge you to test it exhaustively within the 30 day return period!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pump for the money, 19 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
I've had this pump for a couple of years now and it works very well. It really is great value for the money. The only problem I found with it was not the pump itself but the plastic adaptor for presta valves. Basically, it didn't handle high pressures well and frequently popped off the valve. However, this is a minor complaint and was easily solved by buying a replacement brass adaptor. Now I have no problems. If it had come with the brass adaptor, I'd have had no hesitation in giving it 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm gobsmacked!, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
I've been cycling in UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa for nearly 50 years - and I've just discovered that I've been running on under-inflated tyres all this time!

This pump is very good for the price, hence the 5 stars.

It's well made, the gauge is fine as far as I can tell and the adapter that fits onto the valve seems well made and up-to-the-job. The pump works smoothly and with minimum wobble in the moving parts. It works on both presta and schrader valves, so that's good if you have a variety of bikes to maintain. It looks as if it will last for a good few years.

It's the gauge that has me fascinated! I never knew what 80 psi in a tyres felt like. In the past I'd always pumped up the tyres until they felt very firm and didn't bulge too much when I sat on the saddle. Now I have this pump I know what they should be, I'm amazed and a little depressed to imagine the Megajoules of wasted energy I must have expended over the years. Now that my tyres are at the right pressure, it's like having a brand-new bike! It's opened my eyes to what cycling should be like.

If you've never had a pump with a gauge and, like me, you've been using your thumb to guesstimate your tyre pressures, buy one of these pumps, keep your tyres hard and experience cycling anew!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pump, 27 April 2012
Mr. D Stoddart (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
Excellent quality, sturdy strong feels expensive. Pumps up above 100psi no prob with my road tyres.

For the money this is spot on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy pump, great value for money. Occasional problems though, 18 Mar. 2009
D. Jenkins "David" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
Overall this is a great pump. It is well made and feels like it is going to stand up to a lot of wear and tear.

Unfortunately I had one problem with it. The nozzle on the end of the pump has two attachments side by side, one for Schrader type valves and one for Presta type. A couple of time when I've tried to pump using the Schrader valve, air just comes out of the Presta hole instead. A slight design flaw and it seems to come and go so not a major issue.

Other than than a great buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nozzle sticks on valve and rips inner tube - go elsewhere, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
I suffered same issue as other reviewers who rated it low - good price, arrived quickly, is sturdy enough, but the nozzle was extremely hard to get on and even trickier to get off. It eventually tore the inner tube. The only way I could get the nozzle of was with pliers and loads of elbow grease.

It's maybe just some of them that have this problem, but why enter that lottery - go elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pump, 11 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge (Sports)
This is a good thing - easy & quick to use. I have a compact pump with gauge that I used before getting this one. That's OK for when you're out on bike, but topping up the pressure before each ride is a nuisance so sometimes I didn't bother and got a lot of punctures because they were a bit soft. Now I can quickly and easily do my own and children's bikes, couple of pumps and its done. Time saved there and in not having to fix so many punctures. The gauge is easy to read, in bars & psi, with a red arrow you put against what you're aiming for. Works for Shrader and Presta valves, both connections are integral; push it on and pull the lever back (in line with the valve); pump it up. Don't forget to unscrew the presta nut a bit first, but you know that...

Beto Track Pump Alloy Barrel With Gauge