5.0 out of 5 stars Great for securing QR wheels
I got this to go with a Master Cuff Street Cuff 1 Link To allow me to secure my front QR wheel. The reason I chose this cable over others is the eyes on the ends allow the cable to pass through and form a loop (see the picture) this means you can secure individual items like my front wheel to the lock you are using.

The cable is sturdy, and well made, and has a...
Published on 27 Nov 2009 by Small Fry

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but can be cut
Published on 8 Sep 2012 by Charles

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but can be cut, 8 Sep 2012
Charles (Europe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Onguard Akita Extender Cable 120 cm X 10 mm (Sports)
I bought one of these to go with my Kabrus XL202 wheel lock so I can lock the rear wheel to the frame and attach to available street furniture. I feel this makes a good combination as even if this gets cut the bike is still disabled & the XL202 will be very much harder to remove, also the alarm on the XL202 is sensitive to any lock movement so would likely sound if the cable is interfered with.

The cable weighs 188 grams so is not too heavy and at 4ft long not an excessive size, it also comes with a velcro strap which is handy when stowing. The overall diameter is 10mm including the vinyl cover however I estimate the twisted steel cable within is actually just 8mm wide.

Looking at Amazon USA I see several reports that these are easily cut by thieves so don't rely on as your sole method of securing, however I`m not sure that any flexible twisted steel cables can be made cut resistant.

Overall, fine as a secondary method to secure your cycle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for securing QR wheels, 27 Nov 2009
Small Fry (Inbred, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Onguard Akita Extender Cable 120 cm X 10 mm (Sports)

The cable is sturdy, and well made, and has a velcro tab to keep it together.

Its nice and thick and should deter opportunist theives, admittedly a determined theif will take your bike, regardless of how many locks you use. But in that case your bike will be gone regardless.

So as a deterent more than anything I give this a 5* rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, 15 Aug 2009
P. Drewello - See all my reviews
This review is from: Onguard Akita Extender Cable 120 cm X 10 mm (Sports)
Does exactly what it's meant for. Easy to transport and provides enough cable for securely loop through front wheel, front forks and bike stand (in one loop) and feed back to the frame to be locked by U-lock (which secures through the frame, back wheel and bike stand).

Great price and good product. - To ensure no one takes your front wheel home with them it's worth the money.

Onguard Akita Extender Cable 120 cm X 10 mm