5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bag
This is a good sturdy bag. The base and back is fixed, so unlike other bags in this style I've had, I am more confident that this one will not break so easily. I initially wanted black, but on sale this colour was not available. I purchased in Blue Wave, which is actually perfectly fine and somewhat classic looking.

I would recommend this bag. I previously had...
Published on 24 Feb 2011 by FM

3.0 out of 5 stars good design, good wheels, fabric not tough
We bought 2 of these for a 6 week trip around central America. We took 13 flights and stayed in about 10 hotels, so there was some moving around involved, but no trekking or anything like that.

The inside compartments ripped on both, and the outer fabric was torn on both.

We returned them both and received a full refund.

I expected these...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sturdy bag, 24 Feb 2011

I would recommend this bag. I previously had a qantas branded bag which broke the first time I used it. The Qantas bag was poor quality even though it was expensive. In comparison, this eastpak bag looks much sturdier for international travel.

The great thing about these bags as opposed to traditional suitcases is that in most cars you can fit two large suitcases in the boot. Ideal if there's two of you travelling (or even for depositing people at the airport!).

*** An update since purchasing and more than 12 months worth of use. I bought the EastPak large transfer bag time some time ago now and it has now been to and from Australia, America, Thailand, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, etc (all from the UK). Planes, trains and automobiles. It's survived very well indeed, even after having been dragged through snow, ice and water after our skiing trips. In terms of weight - it is great - it has heaps of room and is itself very light - but no matter what I cannot seem to "over pack" it so that I exceed the weight restrictions on flights. Even with my incredibly tight packing it will only take about 24 kg (provided you don't pack books or documents). Also, I like the fact that when I pack knee-length boots in winter, they lie flat so that I don't have to ruin the leather. It's flat shape means that it can be stored under our bed (even with the smaller Medium transfer bag stored inside it).

For my husband and I, the two compartments are perfect "his and her" sides which means we can share a bag if necessary. On some work trips I use the other side as the "to be washed" section so that I only have to open one side when I move from hotel to hotel. The wheels are still in perfect condition and the handle and general shape shows no sign of giving in. We also purchased the medium transfer bag for smaller trips and it is similarly excellent - sturdy, reliable and with the convenient two compartments.

Having seen how well it's traveled, I've now convinced my mother to buy the bag for her trip around the USA. For the price, reliability and functionality, I would highly recommend this bag.

**** The bag arrived very quickly.

***** Update in 2014 after first purchasing this bag in 2011. It's still going strong. Still looks good. Wheels and handles still in place. Zips all work. No damage to the fabric. Have also bought the medium, which is great for a weekend. Buying another now - for my husband for our 4 week trip to Australia / Indonesia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Traveller, 10 Jun 2011
I travel a lot for work and need my clothes and bits and bobs to be easily accessible and compartmentalised. It can be packed up or down - meaning its super flexible for the amount you fill it with depending on if you are going away for a week or up to a month. I also hate carrying heavy bags and am always running around trying not to miss planes and catch connections - this bag holds everything I need in two separate internal zipped areas keeping everything organised and fresh and is very easily wheeled around without feeling like you are dragging a huge weight around after you. Its also silent, so you can dash up and down airport terminals without causing too much attention. I would definitely recommend it as check in luggage over any other bag of its size I have found on the market so far for long or short haul travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, solid, smart from Eastpak, 24 Aug 2011
We've been labouring with a mish-mash of luggage for years. Now with a couple of kids in tow, we needed both space and portability. There are many cheaper alternatives, but all we viewed felt insubstantial, like the pull-along handle was ready to break at the merest hint of pressure. There are many more expensive alternatives, but I thought them often overburdened by faff - too many compartments, over-heavy wheely bits etc. Eastpak is a great balance. Big and squared off, so feel like you get the most of the room available, with a smart two-zone inner (which separates the "his from hers" on big trips). The construction is solid - heavy duty material without feeling heavyweight. We bought one, and immediately on receipt bought another one - seriously impressed.

3.0 out of 5 stars good design, good wheels, fabric not tough, 1 Jun 2013

The inside compartments ripped on both, and the outer fabric was torn on both.

We returned them both and received a full refund.

I expected these bags to be more durable.

having two halves in the bag is useful, and the wheels were very sturdy. The bottom could have been more solid to allow the bags to stand up more easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars spacious and well made, 1 Jan 2013
good bag - big enough for my husband and I to share when checking in luggage on a plane but need to watch the weight as when filled to capacity it is easy to exceed the kg allowance.

5.0 out of 5 stars exceeded all my expectations, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: Eastpak Tranverz L Two Wheel Holdall (Sports)
Eastpak are the best. great design, loads of space and well organised compartments. Expands to a great size, but also squashes down for easy storage. Highly recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Buy, 23 April 2012
A very strong yet lightweight item, it is very easy to manage, bought as a 21st birthday present for my grandson, he loves it, he recently emigrated to Australia, so it was well packed to capacity and he still had no problems with it. he really recommends it.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is nothing better!!, 19 Oct 2014
It is simply the best and most practical suitcase EVER!!! With it's clever 2 part compartments, you can pack all your smarts separately from shoes, suntan lotion etc., and on your return you can keep that which is still clean away from the possibly sand filled dirties! It's body is also very light, will fit under most beds on your arrival and does not take up enormous storage space at home. Five members of the family have now got one, and two of us has also got it's little "sister" which is cabin size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful bag, 1 April 2014
I live in a small house with very little storage space so this bag is great to fold up pretty flat when I need to store it away.
Its split into two sides which means that all my stuff remains neat and folded when I travel. It is a huge bag and for a 2-week trip to Spain I only needed half the space. When the front half is empty it will tend to fall over but I guess this can be fixed by distributing the contents better around the bag.
The colour is also great for spotting it from afar on a luggage belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 Nov 2014
This review is from: Eastpak Tranverz L Two Wheel Holdall (Sports)
Used twice now, once for a short break in Barcelona and once for a Longer break in Vegas, so can literally be used for any occasion due to the material and straps that adjust the bag. Very light for its size and can hold a very large amount. Well made and no problems at all as of yet, worth the money.